Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 11/30/2016 1:11:43 AM EDT
Does anyone have this bag? I would love to hear your review. I am a big boy and require a big bag.

magnum 44
Link Posted: 11/30/2016 7:05:46 AM EDT
[#1]
Are you over 6'4...

That bag is a monster.....

As an example only.

https://www.campmor.com/c/slumberjack-borderland-0-dual-zipper-hooded-rectangular-sleeping-bag-1

That's 10lbs less.

The bag you linked is 44 wide by 90 long.

There is also this bag.

https://www.campmor.com/c/big-agnes-whiskey-park-0-degree-long-sleeping-bag-

Still lighter .......

Not trying to push brands..but your link reminded me of the 20lb..antique...ruck cloth..wool blanket lined down filled bag I got once at a yard sale...thing was 12inches thick just laying there and wouldn't roll up to fit in a large tote.
Link Posted: 11/30/2016 7:22:46 PM EDT
[#2]
I am right t 6'4 and weigh 300. I have a military modular sleep system but it is to short and is feels like I am "wearing it", when I turn over while sleeping it twists with me and I hate that. If forgot to mention this is for car camping only not any hiking in,. Thanks for your reply.........
Link Posted: 11/30/2016 7:51:19 PM EDT
[#3]
You should do fine on any of the ones I linked or other rectangular bags.
I'm not small either and a few of my bags do feel slim at the hips. I'm a side sleeper so it doesn't help matters lol
Link Posted: 11/30/2016 8:52:55 PM EDT
[#4]
I have this one and I like it. Its a bit hard to store and I have no idea how they got it in the original bag.
I keep it in one of those huge vacuum bags.

Link Posted: 12/4/2016 2:05:17 AM EDT
[#5]
nevermind, sorry
Link Posted: 12/6/2016 6:32:48 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
Does anyone have this bag? I would love to hear your review. I am a big boy and require a big bag.

magnum 44
View Quote

OP, just saw this. I've not used one but it looks like it might be worth a try. Price seems right.

Brit surplus arctic bag
Link Posted: 12/6/2016 9:26:16 PM EDT
[#7]
I have a friend that had one of those bags from Cabelas, but I never used it.  He did like it.

Check out Butler Bags just for another option.  Similar looking, but will last you a lifetime.

butlerbags.us

I don't know how to make the link live.

EDIT: and they are big 41"X84"
Link Posted: 12/6/2016 10:13:28 PM EDT
[#8]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
I have a friend that had one of those bags from Cabelas, but I never used it.  He did like it.

Check out Butler Bags just for another option.  Similar looking, but will last you a lifetime.

butlerbags.us

I don't know how to make the link live.

EDIT: and they are big 41"X84"
View Quote

Butler bags

I think wiggy's also makes a big and tall bag. I was issued wiggy gear and swear by it.

Yup. Looks like they do.
Link Posted: 12/6/2016 11:02:11 PM EDT
[#9]
I'm 6'05" and currently about 225-230lbs.  

For car camping, I use a Teton Sports XL 0 degree bag.  It's flannel lined, and fits a stuff sack easy.  There was a time (just once) where I carried two of them on a 1 mile overnighter hike with the wife.  That wasn't fun.  Perfect for car camping though.
They make it in regular, XL, and XXL sizes.

Teton Sports 0 Degree XL
Link Posted: 12/7/2016 12:09:47 PM EDT
[#10]
We picked up an Adam & Eve model similar to the one linked on the way home from a cold camping trip in WV. I think ours is a 15* model. It's very well made, super comfortable and super heavy. We took it camping in moderate conditions this past summer and it was way too hot. I'm not crying too bad because we got it on clearance.

The flannel was irritating in warm weather too. If I had my druthers, smooth & silky nylon lining for summer and or moderate temps and flannel for the cold stuff.
Link Posted: 1/3/2017 1:22:09 AM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:

Butler bags

I think wiggy's also makes a big and tall bag. I was issued wiggy gear and swear by it.

Yup. Looks like they do.
View Quote

Wiggy's are made locally and a lot of my friends use them for everything from car camping to winter hunting.  They are great cold weather bags.
Link Posted: 1/4/2017 12:34:43 AM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:

Butler bags

Yup. Looks like they do.
View Quote

Wiggys are badASS.  I've got 5 of them.
Link Posted: 1/10/2017 3:29:39 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:

magnum 44
View Quote

Old post op but I have the normal Mountain Trapper Bag and I'm 6'5" 265lbs.  It fits me well and I bought it on sale before Christmas for $99.  I've slept in it several times but never below freezing and it has kept me warm.
Link Posted: 1/21/2017 12:13:07 AM EDT
[#14]
I know it is an older post but someone may find it helpful.  I have the exact Cabelas bag the OP asked about and it is great.  Keeps me very warm at deer camp while sleeping in a 10x12 Montana Canvas tent.  Coldest it got was in the high teens and it was no problem.  And I sleep in my skivvies so no extra  layering needed.  I'd highly recommend one.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top