BCM
User Panel

Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Link Posted: 2/28/2017 5:16:10 AM EDT
[#1]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

Thanks for the reply and pictures.  I also appreciate the offer but I just said the heck with it and ordered up an original kit bag for myself... Only live once right? why not.  If I don't like it I am sure I can ditch it on ebay for not much less then new...  All things considered, and reading some of the HPG forums I really think something like this will fit my lifestyle.  More then once ATV use was mentioned and I spend a bit of time on wheelers, and snowmobiles.  Nothing worse then trying to stuff your jacket pockets full of EDC & other kit.  Wallet, cell, EDC, a few other survival items and it really can uncomfortably overload my snowmobile jacket pockets.  I could carry a backpack but I am not riding mountains in the back country, I am riding groomed trails, though that doesn't mean I don't want to have some basic survival kit items on my person should I have to walk, those items would be very accessible and comfortably carried outside my jacket in something like the HPG kit bag.  Same goes for ATV or kayak.

Considering I can come up with a handful of uses without really trying, makes me think I might actually be able to make use of one.  I looked for other affordable options but there really isn't anything out there that is similar or comparable except maybe some fishing options.

I think it may be nice on half day hunts where I don't bring a pack as well.  Again I don't mind having things in my pockets, until you start covering miles...  Preaching to the choir I am sure.  
View Quote

I'll be interested in your review.  I know I haven't been disappointed with them at all...they fit what I do perfectly.  If for some reason it just doesn't work, you shouldn't have a hard time selling it either.  Congrats and let me know what you think...

ROCK6
Link Posted: 3/9/2017 2:35:36 AM EDT
[#2]
Quoted:

Damn you Rock...  After studying your belt and setup I couldn't resist.  I just finished placing an order for some stuff to complete my own custom "battle belt" build...  I don't have a dedicated setup and figured for range duty, or even SHTF a dedicated setup would be a good idea.  I am a 1911 and shotgun guy so it will look a little different.  I like the idea of having the pistol, a few spare mags, FAK, knife, multi-tool, flash light, dump pouch, spare long gun ammo, and a small utility pouch with a PSK.

I am not a huge fan of molle so mine is going to be based of a heavy 2" duty style nylon duty belt with a home made/ custom 4" padded inner.  All the gear will ride on the belt.

I think it will make a great range setup.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Sorry for the late follow up. It's made by Mission Knives; they're popular for their titanium alloys, but they have the same versions in A2 steel.  Ironically, I found this particular model (MPK10 A2) with a 5.5" blade on sale (something crazy, like $50), so I did the typical ARCOM strategy and bought two  

Edited to add pictures, because the best responses are often done better without words  My belt has changed a little.  I've found I needed a knife that sat a little lower, so my custom Ed Martin (now called the Mk-T3 E&E) was the best fit and didn't interfere in several positions, to include some "tactical falling" which I excel at.  Along with the Ed Martin, I tried a larger Fehrman Last Chance, the Mission MPK10-A2, a Swamp Rat Knife Works Ratmandu (excellent blade!) and my long-time Mad Dog PATAK.  The PATAK is by far the best blade I've used and it's been on several rigs for field work and deployments as well as EDC.  Regardless of the choice, I've found blades around 5" (give or take half-and-inch) are about as big as I can handle when actually doing drills from getting out of a vehicle to various shooting positions and rolling around like a stuck pig when you smash your finger when in the prone.  

ROCK6

Damn you Rock...  After studying your belt and setup I couldn't resist.  I just finished placing an order for some stuff to complete my own custom "battle belt" build...  I don't have a dedicated setup and figured for range duty, or even SHTF a dedicated setup would be a good idea.  I am a 1911 and shotgun guy so it will look a little different.  I like the idea of having the pistol, a few spare mags, FAK, knife, multi-tool, flash light, dump pouch, spare long gun ammo, and a small utility pouch with a PSK.

I am not a huge fan of molle so mine is going to be based of a heavy 2" duty style nylon duty belt with a home made/ custom 4" padded inner.  All the gear will ride on the belt.

I think it will make a great range setup.

So I started working on my NONE molle setup and quickly realized that I don't think its going to work how I had hopped...
I just ordered a padded molle setup to go over one of my belts, a 1911 molle holster, and a pistol mag holder.  
I have mostly everything else I need at this point to set it up a bunch of different ways but look forward to getting a working setup ASAP.  I will post pictures when once I get something together that I feel will actually work like I hope.
Link Posted: 3/9/2017 2:42:16 AM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:

I'll be interested in your review.  I know I haven't been disappointed with them at all...they fit what I do perfectly.  If for some reason it just doesn't work, you shouldn't have a hard time selling it either.  Congrats and let me know what you think...

ROCK6
View Quote

So far so good!

I was able to get out and do some hiking on my property yesterday. Was excited to test out my new HPG chest kit bag. So far I love it. I also snapped some pics of my camp/ lean-to.

I really think this will become a staple in my outdoor EDC especially when hiking or covering ground when I don't want or need the bulk of a pack. Great for keeping your EDC items out of your pockets when covering ground. I also tossed a few extra emergency items in there. I don't usually carry a pistol when out in the backcountry but wanted to try as that's actually the designed purpose of these HPG packs. I honestly don't like the extra weight and have never really needed one per say. That said I know, its always better to have and not need then need and not have. I might look into getting a something like ruger LCP 380. I think something like that would carry much better for backcountry activity.

Attachment Attached File

Attachment Attached File

EDC items, wallet, chap stick, and keys (includes small SAK, brass peanut lighter, and a nitecore tube light.)
Extra items include a small FAK, bic in exotic with a fox whistle, Leatherman style CS, and Inova LED Squeeze Light all attached together. I think a small package like this keeps it light but gives you some options should you require these kit type items.  I also tossed a small hank of paracord in there once I released I had forgot it.

Attachment Attached File

Link Posted: 3/9/2017 6:32:50 AM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:
So far so good!

I was able to get out and do some hiking on my property yesterday. Was excited to test out my new HPG chest kit bag. So far I love it. I also snapped some pics of my camp/ lean-to.

I really think this will become a staple in my outdoor EDC especially when hiking or covering ground when I don't want or need the bulk of a pack. Great for keeping your EDC items out of your pockets when covering ground. I also tossed a few extra emergency items in there. I don't usually carry a pistol when out in the backcountry but wanted to try as that's actually the designed purpose of these HPG packs. I honestly don't like the extra weight and have never really needed one per say. That said I know, its always better to have and not need then need and not have. I might look into getting a something like ruger LCP 380. I think something like that would carry much better for backcountry activity.

EDC items, wallet, chap stick, and keys (includes small SAK, brass peanut lighter, and a nitecore tube light.)
Extra items include a small FAK, bic in exotic with a fox whistle, Leatherman style CS, and Inova LED Squeeze Light all attached together. I think a small package like this keeps it light but gives you some options should you require these kit type items.  I also tossed a small hank of paracord in there once I released I had forgot it.
View Quote

Very cool.  Even if you don't use it as a CCW platform, the value is off the charts when you want items handy but not located below the waist.  When we're backpacking, I really don't like anything but maybe a small folding knife in my hiking pants.  I've found the Kit Bag the perfect storage location for ID, map, compass, small headlamp, folding Ti Spork, lighter, little boo-boo FAK and a little bit of cord (actually spare Dyneema cord/guy-line).  As an aside, I found a guy on Ebay selling waterproof covers for binoculars that fit Kit Bags really well; I've been able to just zip my rain jacket up over it, but I look like fat chick with a massive mono-boob

Not sure if you mountain bike or kayak, but these are also ideal platforms that don't get in the way for those activities as well...best feature is that it integrates well with a pack which was my main concern when looking for something like it.

ROCK6
Link Posted: 3/22/2017 5:03:53 PM EDT
[#5]
i gave up leg rigs 20 yrs ago.  if u stumble u will look stupid or hurt ur self. either is not good

we are now rigging belts like hsgi with safariland  back pieces and putting  blade tec holsters on the,hard plastic.
we find the  weapon is easy to get to, standing or sitting. never wobbles. just under chest rig, 4-6" below the belt. u can also put a chest rig on over the suspenders for the belt and have a 2 stage system. if things go south dump the empty belt rig.  lets u  load out a lot more. most of our gear is old eagle and had for years .

have never found better but took a year of t&e to figure out all the bells and whistles.
get the  hsgi  padded belt. find a stiff web belt. slide in loops, in padded belt. add holster at parts that are open.
10 of us doing almost exactly as all of us.   every one is a little dif. are  close. personal stuff varies.

i would NEVER  give up the ar for a pistol so i carry more ar mags and only 2-3 pistol mags. if i need a pistol i have already done something really stupid.  we are not talking about camping. we are talking fully loaded security folks
ar mags 2-3 on belt   3-6 on chest depending on what chest rig.
pistol mags  2-3 on belt. 1 in weapon. carry s&w m&p's 23 rds in aredondo fitted mags.
locator beacon
ifak
sat ph.
drop pouch on far right.(Left handed)
knife on chest rig
compass/gps
etc
etc
i will drop the belt rig and keep the chest rig. anything  i need/bdu pockets. why keep a pistol and dump a rifle.????
i.r. beacon
surefire with i.r. switch
i.r. cylumes
flare gun  small old.
Gerber ,dummy corded to belt
knife on chest rig (for me-some don't)

cheers

1texan
Link Posted: 3/22/2017 9:21:03 PM EDT
[#6]
Leg rigs suck, not covert in anyway. Chest rig isn't either.

Look at a Kytex (google the kytex) mag holster. Very small profile and can clip on belt or pants and drape a shirt over it. Way more discreet for on body.
Link Posted: 3/23/2017 6:44:19 AM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
Look at a Kytex (google the kytex) mag holster. Very small profile and can clip on belt or pants and drape a shirt over it. Way more discreet for on body.
View Quote
I've recently found out about these mag holders and they are top notch.  I just have a few of the pistol magazine pouches, but they are very svelte, discreet and simply functional.  I need to try out one of they AR magazine pouches, but they are now my preferred spare-mag pouch for CCW.

ROCK6
Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top