Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 8/26/2016 2:19:35 PM EDT
Walmart is clearancing out a bunch of guns. I picked up a Ruger American .308 and a Marlin 1895 45-70 for $508 OTD today. The Marlin has a $50 mail in rebate. I should have snagged one of the Rossi .410/.22 combo guns for $74. Not a .410 guy, but I do have 2 little girls that are going to need to learn to shoot someday.

No plans for the 45-70 yet, the Ruger American is going to get a cheap but durable scope, sling and an extra mag or two. I'll probably zero it with 145 grain FMJs and put it away. For the money, it seemed like a better deal for a hand out/loaner than a surplus rifle, plus, I already stock .308

If I get real crazy I'll chop the barrel back to 16-18 inches and make it a brush beater.

I know a lot of the Wal Marts have a bunch of clearance ammo, mine didn't. I know they had Marlin 17hmr bolt actions and Savage .22 LR semi autos for $100 as well. Check your Walmart if you need something to put away or have kids that need a hunting rifle!
Link Posted: 8/26/2016 6:55:54 PM EDT
[#1]
Thanks for the heads up!
Link Posted: 8/26/2016 7:14:20 PM EDT
[#2]
My walmart is full of shit. They have about 5 on clearance . But the system supposedly down and the can't sell any guns. Going on two days
Link Posted: 8/26/2016 8:50:36 PM EDT
[#3]
Seems like a good deal. Last few stops at my Walmart have had nothing
Link Posted: 8/26/2016 9:24:35 PM EDT
[#4]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
My walmart is full of shit. They have about 5 on clearance . But the system supposedly down and the can't sell any guns. Going on two days
View Quote

its the whole system, nation wide.

I had to get the GM to get a rifle put under the counter for me to pick up tomorrow,, I was legal and financially able to buy
they were not fulfilling their side of the deal..

there are 2 threads going on about it in GD.
Link Posted: 8/28/2016 10:27:56 AM EDT
[#5]
If you want your money back on that 308 let me know!
Link Posted: 8/30/2016 9:32:57 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
Walmart is clearancing out a bunch of guns. I picked up a Ruger American .308 and a Marlin 1895 45-70 for $508 OTD today. The Marlin has a $50 mail in rebate. I should have snagged one of the Rossi .410/.22 combo guns for $74. Not a .410 guy, but I do have 2 little girls that are going to need to learn to shoot someday.

No plans for the 45-70 yet, the Ruger American is going to get a cheap but durable scope, sling and an extra mag or two. I'll probably zero it with 145 grain FMJs and put it away. For the money, it seemed like a better deal for a hand out/loaner than a surplus rifle, plus, I already stock .308

If I get real crazy I'll chop the barrel back to 16-18 inches and make it a brush beater.

I know a lot of the Wal Marts have a bunch of clearance ammo, mine didn't. I know they had Marlin 17hmr bolt actions and Savage .22 LR semi autos for $100 as well. Check your Walmart if you need something to put away or have kids that need a hunting rifle!
View Quote

Thanks to this post I now have a Ruger American .243 and the Marlin 1895 .45-70. My cost including tax was $532.78. That is $50 less for both rifles than what the best price I can find for the .45-70 on Davidson's Gallery of Guns.

Where do I get information on the $50 mail-in rebate?
Link Posted: 9/1/2016 1:22:18 AM EDT
[#7]
Check the lever gun forum, I have a thread over there about Walmart 1895s. There is a link to the rebate forms in there.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top