Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 7/29/2016 12:20:55 AM EDT
Anybody have a good online source for thick zip lock bags? I am tired of buying the Aloksaks over and over again ($$$), but freezer bags aren't quite durable enough.
Link Posted: 7/29/2016 12:47:45 AM EDT
[#1]
Costco
Link Posted: 7/29/2016 1:43:44 AM EDT
[#2]
Uline.

Aloksaks are overpriced junk.  commonly separated at seams
Link Posted: 7/29/2016 1:44:38 AM EDT
[#3]
I just bought these for parts, I like bags better than plastic organizers. 8 Mil... Quite thick.

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B016PNQ5FY/ref=oh_aui_detailpage_o01_s01?ie=UTF8&psc=1
Link Posted: 7/29/2016 9:16:42 AM EDT
[#4]
Check out this place for plastic ziplok bags.  

I use them for some of the bags we use in our business. 4 mil hang bags are what we use for holsters. Pretty durable and low cost. They have some 6mil mini grip bags that would be the same thickness as the Alosaks that are $.33/each in 500 quantitiy for the 9x12".
Link Posted: 8/29/2016 7:48:33 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
Anybody have a good online source for thick zip lock bags? I am tired of buying the Aloksaks over and over again ($$$), but freezer bags aren't quite durable enough.
View Quote

Just cover regular zip locks with good old duct tape, take your time and lay it down flat. That was a trick I used guiding and I still have bags from over 10 years ago!
Link Posted: 8/29/2016 8:00:25 PM EDT
[#6]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

Just cover regular zip locks with good old duct tape, take your time and lay it down flat. That was a trick I used guiding and I still have bags from over 10 years ago!
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Yep or packing tape if you want to keep it clear
Link Posted: 8/30/2016 10:33:38 AM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

^even better^
Link Posted: 8/30/2016 6:08:54 PM EDT
[#8]
aloksak is pretty good.  they are expensive and they don't last forever, but i've been using them for years.    i've never had one come apart on the seams.  mine always just quit sealing at the top

however, now that you guys mention it, putting packing tape on the aloksak's might make them even better
Link Posted: 8/30/2016 11:59:55 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:

^even better^
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

^even better^

Genius!  Just made a few with packing tape.      
Link Posted: 8/31/2016 2:21:50 PM EDT
[#10]
Link Posted: 9/1/2016 11:12:39 PM EDT
[#11]
If it is for seldom used items, vacuum seal freezer bags  are very durable.  They come in big rolls fairly cheap, although the vacuum seal machine isn't cheap.

Worth having for food if you have a freezer as well.
Link Posted: 9/10/2016 11:37:04 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:
Uline.

Aloksaks are overpriced junk.  commonly separated at seams
View Quote

This. I've gone back to freezer bags.
Link Posted: 9/21/2016 8:59:13 AM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:

^even better^
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

^even better^

I use packing tape for the main portion of the bag then duck tape at the zipper and tabs.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top