Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 5/17/2016 9:02:52 PM EDT
Have this also posted in General outdoor discussion.

It's been 12 year with my Maxpedition Vulture it been a great pack and has served me well been overseas twice and was my EDC pack even did half a year as a high school backpack when my sons pack tore. Now not that I'm having any problems with the pack it is that I feel it's time to upgrade or get a new one the thing I don't like about the pack is there is not a good comfortable place to place a 100 oz water bladder one can fit but it is uncomfortable or it takes up a lot of the room in the pack pain to set it up.

I have just thought why not get the new Vulture-II but I wanted to see what other packs are out there and what reviews you guys have on them! Mostly want a 2.000+ cu. in pack that and comfortable carry 100 oz bladder that's what I need most. I have also been looking at the 5.11 Rush 72 hour. This pack is going to be again my EDC pack its going to go from day trips, overnight trips, hiking, hunting, camping it going to be for everything. Anyone know of a pack that can hold two water bladders? I'm kind of wanting one that hold two bladders but one that is made to carry the bladders I can hook up an attachment to any pack but want a pack that was made to hold two don't just want a water that I have to move around to center it. Thanks

Anyone hear anything about Direct Action Ghost  pack?
Link Posted: 5/17/2016 10:22:32 PM EDT
[#1]
LBT has sales pretty regularly. The $200+ packs can be had for $70 or so when they have a sale. The one I bought is solid.
Link Posted: 5/17/2016 10:43:38 PM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
LBT has sales pretty regularly. The $200+ packs can be had for $70 or so when they have a sale. The one I bought is solid.
View Quote

+1, love mine

Memorial Day sale should be soon
Link Posted: 5/17/2016 11:26:37 PM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:
View Quote

Can  they hold two bladders? What one do you have? There web site sucks not enough photos and they don't tell cu. In or how many liters the three day pack can hold.
Link Posted: 5/18/2016 9:55:49 AM EDT
[#4]
The Mystery Ranch 3 Day Assault Pack has two sleeves for hydration bladders.  When you unzip the tri-zip, the two front panels open up and there are long sleeves on each one for your bladders.  The lid has ports to route hoses through.  Having the bladders on the outside makes it easy to refill without having to unpack or shift your load to get to them.  The future yoke is extremely comfortable to wear too.

Link Posted: 5/18/2016 4:21:58 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
The Mystery Ranch 3 Day Assault Pack has two sleeves for hydration bladders.  When you unzip the tri-zip, the two front panels open up and there are long sleeves on each one for your bladders.  The lid has ports to route hoses through.  Having the bladders on the outside makes it easy to refill without having to unpack or shift your load to get to them.  The future yoke is extremely comfortable to wear too.

http://static.webshopapp.com/shops/002214/files/040621134/mystery-ranch-3-day-assault-pack-bvs.jpg
View Quote

Really like the pack only problem I see is the price. I'd pay the $325 for that pack over the $300 for the Go Ruck. I might need to get one of them after I get a job that pays better! I like it a lot a little to much! Just can see the wife's face now!
Link Posted: 5/19/2016 1:03:50 PM EDT
[#6]
 I will quote my recent post from another thread:

Quoted:
How big?

"3 day" size?  Look at a Kelty Redwing of whatever size and color you like.  Very comfortable with a small internal frame.  Every Kelty pack I have had is high quality.  I have the old model Redwing which is 20ish years old, and a new model which I really like.

If you watch sales, or surf the internet you should be able to find them for at or just under $100...

This is the only picture I have of my new one:

My old one, it was my first internal frame.  My father got it for me when I was 12 or 13.

The interior water proofing started to delaminate a bit a few years ago, a couple of the tie out points started to weather check and crack so while searching for a new Kelty of similar size I found some posts about their lifetime warranty.  So I called them told them about my old pack that I used for decades...  They said they can't fix the waterproofing issue as it has more then lived its life but they can try to fix the tie outs.  At that point they gave me a 50% off coupon and free shipping for any pack on their website.  I used that to order myself a new Redwing which has been a really good pack.  I shipped them my Old Redwing, which was returned to me a few weeks later with fresh lashing points sewn on it.  I have since got a Coyote, and a Cache Hauler.

My EDC pack is a Kelty Windjammer...  Many of my current packs have been discontinued so I am glad I got them while I could

After being treated so well by a company, that provided me with exceptional customer service, I would buy any of their products without hesitation.

Any ways I have enough packs to last the rest of my life at this point...  
View Quote

Link Posted: 5/19/2016 1:20:54 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:
How big?

"3 day" size?  Look at a Kelty Redwing of whatever size and color you like.  Very comfortable with a small internal frame.  Every Kelty pack I have had is high quality.  I have the old model Redwing which is 20ish years old, and a new model which I really like.

If you watch sales, or surf the internet you should be able to find them for at or just under $100...

http://i109.photobucket.com/albums/n52/thederrick106/Gear/PICT0448_zpsvocaujsa.jpg

My old one, it was my first internal frame.  My father got it for me when I was 12 or 13.

http://i109.photobucket.com/albums/n52/thederrick106/Gear/KeltyRedwing6_zps9911ec30.jpg

The interior water proofing started to delaminate a bit a few years ago, a couple of the tie out points started to weather check and crack so while searching for a new Kelty of similar size I found some posts about their lifetime warranty.  So I called them told them about my old pack that I used for decades...  They said they can't fix the waterproofing issue as it has more then lived its life but they can try to fix the tie outs.  At that point they gave me a 50% off coupon and free shipping for any pack on their website.  I used that to order myself a new Redwing which has been a really good pack.  I shipped them my Old Redwing, which was returned to me a few weeks later with fresh lashing points sewn on it.  I have since got a Coyote, and a Cache Hauler.

My EDC pack is a Kelty Windjammer...  Many of my current packs have been discontinued so I am glad I got them while I could

After being treated so well by a company, that provided me with exceptional customer service, I would buy any of their products without hesitation.

32L here for $79 Here

44L Here for $99
Link Posted: 5/20/2016 11:45:43 AM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:
How big?

http://i109.photobucket.com/albums/n52/thederrick106/Gear/PICT0448_zpsvocaujsa.jpg

http://i109.photobucket.com/albums/n52/thederrick106/Gear/KeltyRedwing6_zps9911ec30.jpg

Don't know if its the military in me I just don't like how non-tactical packs look! The slick down I look at them and feel there are a lot of wasted space and options. Think it is just me wife said she likes both of the packs you have!
Link Posted: 5/20/2016 12:12:41 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:

Don't know if its the military in me I just don't like how non-tactical packs look! The slick down I look at them and feel there are a lot of wasted space and options. Think it is just me wife said she likes both of the packs you have!
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Quoted:
How big?

I like them both, I do have a smaller drago pack that has molle, but I kind of steer away from it at this point as I don't use the extra pouches really so...

Kelty does make a few "military/ tactical" packs but they deffentaly aren't on the budget side of thigs:

https://kelty.com/military-tactical/

Looks like kelty just updated the redwing,

https://kelty.com/redwing-50/

Can probably find the older style for pretty cheap if you watch for web sales.

I went for black, because all my outdoor packs were greenish, and I wanted something to blend in a bit better if I travel.  Hind sight being 20-20 I keep wishing it was greenish color
I hate red or blue or purple packs though...  Oh well I don't use it as much as I would like so there is no point in worrying about color choice in my book.

Kelty used to have tons of different models but likes like their line has shrunken down a bit, probably to their most popular designs.
Link Posted: 5/20/2016 12:59:15 PM EDT
[#10]
If you guys don't know, REI is doing a big sale this week for REI members.  If you're not a member it costs $20 and IMO is worth it not because of the sales, but also their garage sales.  

I just got this pack for about $103 today.  Hopefully it'll suit my needs.
Link Posted: 5/20/2016 3:11:03 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:
How big?

+1 on Kelty packs.  I too like the Redwing 50

They are well made, feel good to carry and can last a long time.
Link Posted: 5/20/2016 5:11:35 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:

I like them both, I do have a smaller drago pack that has molle, but I kind of steer away from it at this point as I don't use the extra pouches really so...

Kelty does make a few "military/ tactical" packs but they deffentaly aren't on the budget side of thigs:

I went for black, because all my outdoor packs were greenish, and I wanted something to blend in a bit better if I travel.  Hind sight being 20-20 I keep wishing it was greenish color
I hate red or blue or purple packs though...  Oh well I don't use it as much as I would like so there is no point in worrying about color choice in my book.

Kelty used to have tons of different models but likes like their line has shrunken down a bit, probably to their most popular designs.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Quoted:
How big?

Funny I don't use the extra room also other then for a first aid kit but like I said have that military mind better to have it and not need it then need it and not have it. The Kelty packs are nice I use to have one of there kid carriers that still is in use after 15 years and I had one of these old Alaska packs huge 7,000 cu in monster that was until my mastiff puppy monster got his mouth on it and ripped it up. It was a very good pack remember moving a lot with and all mine and the wife's cloths could fit in it.

Edited to add
Also wanted to ask anyone what is a good 28 Liter pack that can hold water for a 10 year old? Also looking at the pals and mollie did see the Red Rock Outdoor Gear Assault Pack on Dvor right now for $30 =2535-57-94861&utm_source=event-notification&utm_medium=email&utm_campaign=event_20160520&opener=mail]The Link to the pack
Link Posted: 5/22/2016 6:33:14 PM EDT
[#13]
Anyone know anything about Red Rock Packs!
Link Posted: 5/23/2016 2:47:12 AM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:
Anyone know anything about Red Rock Packs!
View Quote

Junk. Avoid at all cost.
Link Posted: 5/25/2016 2:22:16 PM EDT
[#15]
Just picked up the

Eberlestock Fac Track

Kinda expensive, but a awesome pack.
Link Posted: 5/28/2016 3:22:33 AM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:
Just picked up the

Eberlestock Fac Track

Kinda expensive, but a awesome pack.
View Quote

Me too. I went to my local shop which stocks Eberlestock intent on the Gunslinger II. After I saw the FAC Track, I quickly changed my mind. I'm having fun getting it all set up now. It is the most comfortable pack I've ever worn.
Link Posted: 5/28/2016 12:53:10 PM EDT
[#17]
Link Posted: 5/28/2016 6:48:36 PM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:
lbt sale starts tomorrow
View Quote

Are they having their packs on sale like they have in the past?

I don't see anything on their site yet?

I really regret not getting one in the past for that deal they had on their 3 day assault packs.
Link Posted: 5/28/2016 7:55:45 PM EDT
[#19]
Link Posted: 5/28/2016 10:00:44 PM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:

Can  they hold two bladders? What one do you have? There web site sucks not enough photos and they don't tell cu. In or how many liters the three day pack can hold.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Not the same but somewhat similar. Can't really answer your question at the moment but I'll take some pics for  you. No sales right now anyway but worth the wait.

http://lbtinc.com/1476ac

Just read your question again. Mine doesn't have a specific spot for a water bladder but it has molle for attaching external pouches as the one I linked to does. If you take the measurements on the website 14x8x20" it works out to 1.31 cubic feet...
Link Posted: 5/28/2016 10:03:51 PM EDT
[#21]
Check out the Kelty MAP3500. I have a lot of packs, in a 3 day pack this one is my favorite I have owned and used. Liked it so much I retired my first to  my hunting pack and got another. Good straps, belt, internal frame it's the bag I use more than any other.
Link Posted: 5/29/2016 11:57:03 PM EDT
[#22]
Are you actually going to hike with it, for any distance at all?  

If yes, get an Osprey or Deuter pack.  Seriously, even the really really good tactical packs suck balls for hiking. This is coming from someone who owned about 9 Kifaru packs over the years, and did GoRuck Challenge in one of them.  No freaking way I'd carry a pack that heavy again just so it could look tactical.
Link Posted: 5/30/2016 12:40:40 PM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:
yes. 3day packs are 70.00

http://lbtinc.com/mday16

prices are not showing yet but these are the sale items.
View Quote

Those are nice packs for the money.  They advertised them for the memorial day sale for $79.99 but now they are $89.99 on their site, which is still a good price.
Link Posted: 5/30/2016 12:45:01 PM EDT
[#24]
Link Posted: 6/10/2016 2:25:24 AM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:

If yes, get an Osprey or Deuter pack.  Seriously, even the really really good tactical packs suck balls for hiking. This is coming from someone who owned about 9 Kifaru packs over the years, and did GoRuck Challenge in one of them.  No freaking way I'd carry a pack that heavy again just so it could look tactical.
View Quote

Don't like hiking packs that much at all one is because they waste so much space on them the other is the colors you get to pick all bright colors for most of them. I have used my Maxpedition Vulture on two tours in Iraq and the past 12 years never had problems with weight or it being uncomfortable.
Link Posted: 6/10/2016 11:56:32 AM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:

Don't like hiking packs that much at all one is because they waste so much space on them the other is the colors you get to pick all bright colors for most of them. I have used my Maxpedition Vulture on two tours in Iraq and the past 12 years never had problems with weight or it being uncomfortable.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Have you ever tried a modern true internal frame pack?  I cant imagine trying to do some of the packing I do on a frameless, or plastic sheet frame pack...
All my Kelty packs are dark green or black?
Heck most of my long term backcountry stuff includes a hauler pack!  -screw that internal frame stuff!

With that said if you have a pack style or type you really like stick with it, after all it is just personal preference and opinion.  
Link Posted: 6/10/2016 10:49:00 PM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:

Have you ever tried a modern true internal frame pack?  I cant imagine trying to do some of the packing I do on a frameless, or plastic sheet frame pack...
Heck most of my long term backcountry stuff includes a hauler pack!  -screw that internal frame stuff!

With that said if you have a pack style or type you really like stick with it, after all it is just personal preference and opinion.  
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

I did look at Kelty tac packs and they look nice. I have owned two internal frame packs one was the Kelty Alaska pack and the other is a USMC ILBE. I'm not looking for a framed pack at all just a EDC type of pack something to take on day hikes and trips.
Link Posted: 6/11/2016 12:52:02 PM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:

I did look at Kelty tac packs and they look nice. I have owned two internal frame packs one was the Kelty Alaska pack and the other is a USMC ILBE. I'm not looking for a framed pack at all just a EDC type of pack something to take on day hikes and trips.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Well if your looking for something without a frame, similar to Maxpedition then take a look at Drago packs;  I have a Tracker model, and while I don't think its quite 3 days, maybe an overnight pack as its a bit smaller its a solid option with no frame.

https://www.amazon.com/Drago-Gear-Tracker-Backpack-Seal/dp/B00HAIFSIE/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1465663945&sr=8-1&keywords=drago+pack

I guess its Maxpedition equivalent would be the Falcon...  Drago is similar quality for half the price IMHO.

Carried mine every day for almost two years, only reason I switched up my EDC bag is because I wanted something that had a laptop sleeve, so I went with a Kelty windjammer, convertible from messenger bag to backpack.  Anyways here is my Drago, still going strong to:

Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top