Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 12/28/2015 5:49:57 PM EDT
Today I went over to Wal-Mart

Walking past the perpetually empty ammo cabinet I kept walking as I found the camping gear shelves once again picked clean of damn near anything suitable for a BOB/GHB:

Stainless steel camp cups with folding handles (GSI-style)
Optimus 4 oz. gas canisters
Stanley "Adventurer" cook pot kits
Nite Ize carabiners
aluminum and plastic tent pegs
firestarter rods
Stormproof matches
Paracord in "tactical" darker colors.
Fuel tablets
Waterproof match cases
Mountain house beef stew*

These items are always out of stock.

*Oddly enough those UST emergency food ration "bricks" are always in stock.
Link Posted: 12/28/2015 6:04:30 PM EDT
[#1]
My wally doesn't ever have any Tula 7.62 anymore.  Miss that

Link Posted: 12/28/2015 7:54:02 PM EDT
[#2]
local WM has all ammo, except cheap 22.  They have CCI stingers by the boatload if you want to pay $8/100
Link Posted: 12/28/2015 8:48:20 PM EDT
[#3]
My local Walmarts are pretty well stocked up with outdoor gear and ammo.  Except for .22 which I don't even remember what it looks like.
Link Posted: 12/28/2015 9:09:13 PM EDT
[#4]
what is this 22 you speak of?
Link Posted: 12/28/2015 10:41:34 PM EDT
[#5]
There are a lot of people who buy outdoor gear at walmart that think they are prepared. Those people are dilusional and will be very dangerous once shtf. Especially since they will be prepared a bit better than most sheeple but not well enough to last long term.
Link Posted: 12/29/2015 12:07:26 AM EDT
[#6]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
local WM has all ammo, except cheap 22.  They have CCI stingers by the boatload if you want to pay $8/10050
View Quote

FIFY
Link Posted: 12/29/2015 12:11:31 AM EDT
[#7]
Try living in Jersey.
Link Posted: 12/29/2015 5:23:14 AM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
There are a lot of people who buy outdoor gear at walmart that think they are prepared. Those people are dilusional and will be very dangerous once shtf. Especially since they will be prepared a bit better than most sheeple but not well enough to last long term.
View Quote

All that shiny new gear doesn't mean much if you don't test it in the field and it means even less if you are not physically fit enough to carry it on your back.
Link Posted: 12/29/2015 7:12:42 AM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
My local Walmarts are pretty well stocked up with outdoor gear and ammo.  Except for .22 which I don't even remember what it looks like.
View Quote

This.

However I have scored .22 ammo three times though in the last 2 yrs but I walk in the door and go straight there every time I enter.
Link Posted: 12/29/2015 12:51:59 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
Try living in Jersey.
View Quote

No Thank you.  Sorry for your luck.
Link Posted: 12/29/2015 12:56:55 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
Try living in Jersey.
View Quote

Yep no ammo in the Walmarts here.  Or BB guns considering they're real firearms here
Link Posted: 12/29/2015 2:37:13 PM EDT
[#12]
Stopped by a Wal-Mart in the next county over. Much more "rural" area. No .22, but lots of camping and outdoor gear even some higher-end items.
Link Posted: 12/29/2015 5:28:13 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:

Yep no ammo in the Walmarts here.  Or BB guns considering they're real firearms here
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Try living in Jersey.

Despite all the crap they recently passed, NY still sells BB guns and black powder OTC.  Border gun shops did quite well...
Link Posted: 12/29/2015 6:33:50 PM EDT
[#14]
I don't find anything good at any walmart around here. Other than some tula 40 and 45 last spring, they're pretty barren. I've had better luck at the local Dunhams.
Link Posted: 12/29/2015 10:55:49 PM EDT
[#15]
I always intend to look for the mini
sawyers, but I never seem to
remember when I'm there.

John
Link Posted: 12/30/2015 12:33:34 AM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:
I always intend to look for the mini
sawyers, but I never seem to
remember when I'm there.

John
View Quote

My WM had a good stock of ammo till Christmas!
No 22 thro! The other day they still had most cal for handgun.
Even bought some PerFecta 223 for $0.30 a round!
Camping  items  where all so stock up till the holidays!
Hoping they will restock after New Years!
I got my mini sawyers. Looking at the larger size.
My WM carries it. Just have not pull the trigger yet!
As for remembering any outdoor items. That is  my
main reason for going to WM. I park by the automotive
entrance! Which at most WM is next to sporting goods.
So whether I'm buying milk or bread! I first go by the
ammo case. Then look around in sporting goods!
It took them 6 months when they first open the store.
For the people in automotive to stop asking me if
they could help me! Now they just say, HI!

PITA45
Link Posted: 12/30/2015 7:59:44 AM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:
local WM has all ammo, except cheap 22.  They have CCI stingers by the boatload if you want to pay $8/100
View Quote

Id buy the fu#k outa those cci! My walmart dosent even ever have those
Link Posted: 12/30/2015 8:42:50 AM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Those stingers are $8 for 50.
Link Posted: 2/2/2016 7:33:05 PM EDT
[#19]
I'm a loyal Walmart shopper.  I don't usually by camping gear, but am eyeing a couple of the 10X10 EZ Up canopies.  In the last 7 years I have only bought 22 ammo there twice.  500 Stingers for $6/50 limit 2.  

The counter guy said he didn't care how many I bought.  Then there were 4 boxes of Spitfires, me and another guy split them.  Finding an almost unlimited supply at a LGS and Dunhams Sporting Goods.  Prior to Obongo, almost all 22's were bought at Walmart.  FBHO

Walmart has kept me in 45's, 38's and 556.  

A few years ago I got a camo outhouse hunting blind that we could use as an outhouse over the septic tank.  

A Blackhawk holster. Tarps, bungee's, metal storage hooks, duct tape, velcro strips, Big Buddy Heater (maybe two of them), trash bags, Hoppe's No. 9, propane magazines, CO Detectors, fire extinguishers, kerosene lamp wicks, food, soap, bleach, grill lighters, cargo pants, 12/120 volt invertor, deep cycle battery, Energizer headlamps and lanterns, & spare dry cell batteries.  Gas cans. Oil.TP.

I'm not a freeze dried entree guy, or a Coghlans anything.  Did buy a Camp Chef Camp Oven a few years ago.  May get a tent, but it's low priority and have not shopped for one.  

I bet I have a dozen nylon bags that came from Walmart that I buy from the Goodwill for kits and gear storage.  

When we go there to shop on Saturday morning, I beeline to the Ammo case, then look at the Clearance aisle.
Link Posted: 2/2/2016 7:56:06 PM EDT
[#20]
My local Wally World has a surprisingly decent selection of outdoor stuff.  Nothing high speed/ low drag.  

Haven't seen 22LR in years.

I have always had good luck with their site to store online ordering.  Works good for things they don't stock, though Amazon pretty much has the same stuff for almost identical costs.  I think I am going to keep a subscription of prime this year...  Its getting to the point where you can order almost everything online cheaper then buying in person.  
Link Posted: 2/2/2016 7:58:42 PM EDT
[#21]
MRE BBQ sandwiches!
Link Posted: 2/2/2016 8:59:02 PM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:
Try living in Jersey.
View Quote

Did it for 20+ years before escaping to the free South. Never again!

My WM seems to have a decent stock of all of these items, but I find deals for higher quality items for only marginally more.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top