Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 11/27/2015 9:54:39 PM EDT
Hey All,

I picked up some of the USGI Modular Sleep System Intermediate Cold Weather Sleeping bags a while back.

My son is going to Philmont NM for a Boy Scouts winter camp out, and I'm looking to find the other components at reasonable prices

Any ideas whom to contact in finding a GoreTex bivy cover or the inner "summer" bag for use as inner liner?

Any alternative Suggestions as to substitutes or alternatives that won't break my very meager bank?

BIGGER_HAMMER
Link Posted: 11/27/2015 11:57:38 PM EDT
[#1]
Prep and More has patrol bags for $8. I ordered 4 bags from them in June and they were all in great shape: http://www.prepandmore.com/sleeping-bags/

USRO has bivy  bags or $40... not sure if it is a BF deal, but I remember USRO being mentioned in the Team BF deal thread so there may be a code or something in addition.  http://www.unclesamsretailoutlet.com/GORE-TEX-Military-Issued-Bivy-Cover-8465014168-p/501.htm

Link Posted: 11/28/2015 2:52:08 AM EDT
[#2]
Link Posted: 11/28/2015 2:52:17 AM EDT
[#3]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
USRO has bivy  bags or $40... not sure if it is a BF deal, but I remember USRO being mentioned in the Team BF deal thread so there may be a code or something in addition.  http://www.unclesamsretailoutlet.com/GORE-TEX-Military-Issued-Bivy-Cover-8465014168-p/501.htm  
View Quote

It was 40% off everything today, but may be done now.  No codes, they just applied the discount in the checkout.  They did have some of the other components too, and the $40 bivys were $24 with the sale.
Link Posted: 12/9/2015 11:29:20 AM EDT
[#4]
I got my 5 patrol bags and 5 black outer bags from Prep & More.  I asked for actual shipping which was cheaper than their web site.

I am now in the process of cleaning them in the washing machine,  the ones I looked at did not have any tears, the zippers worked

The black outer bag was  $12.99 and the patrol bag were $7.99, a heck pif a deal.

I picked up the military stuff bags from another vendor last year so now I have 5 military bags for a fraction of the cost

Anyone know were to get the gortex outer cover??
Link Posted: 12/10/2015 6:23:40 PM EDT
[#5]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
I got my 5 patrol bags and 5 black outer bags from Prep & More.  I asked for actual shipping which was cheaper than their web site.

I am now in the process of cleaning them in the washing machine,  the ones I looked at did not have any tears, the zippers worked

The black outer bag was  $12.99 and the patrol bag were $7.99, a heck pif a deal.

I picked up the military stuff bags from another vendor last year so now I have 5 military bags for a fraction of the cost

Anyone know were to get the gortex outer cover??
View Quote

Looking for these too!

BIGGER_HAMMER
Link Posted: 12/11/2015 12:04:10 AM EDT
[#7]
Copes Distributing has the Bivy sacks for $29.

Also in ACU for the same price.

Anybody know where to get compression sacks for a good price?
Link Posted: 12/11/2015 3:41:37 PM EDT
[#8]
Thank You VERY MUCH!!!

Ordered them for my bags, so our winter camp out will be dry and warm at night!

BIGGER_HAMMER
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top