Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 8/26/2015 1:36:16 PM EDT
I am in need of a couple of good quality NATO-compatible fuel can nozzle.  The one I had was a rubber one that has finally cracked and is dead-lined.  

I have seen a couple on ebay, but coming from California I have a sneaking suspicion they are made in China.  Unless they have confirmed reviews, I'd rather stay with a known item made by a NATO country.

Anyone have any links or sources?
Link Posted: 8/27/2015 6:02:12 AM EDT
[#1]
I got all my fuel cans and accessories from Atlantic British.  These are the real deal and very high quality.
Link Posted: 8/27/2015 9:18:43 AM EDT
[#2]
I'll second Atlantic British. Their Cans and Spouts are made by Wavian and are about 1/2 the price of the Wavian products listed elsewhere, including Ebay. I've mistakenly purchased chinese nozzles and they don't vent properly, fuel will leak out the vent hole (if it even has one). Even the Temco spouts I've used will gurgle and splash a little fuel out of the spout's vent hole. This doesn't happen with the Atlantic British (Wavian) spouts if you are using a real Nato can with a vent tube welded inside.

You just missed Atlantic British 10% off sale, but it might be worthwhile to wait a week and see if they have a Labor Day sale.
Link Posted: 8/27/2015 9:48:33 AM EDT
[#3]
will post link shortly to another site (link is on my desk compooter)
Link Posted: 8/27/2015 1:46:20 PM EDT
[#4]
Link Posted: 8/27/2015 3:05:14 PM EDT
[#5]
Link Posted: 8/27/2015 3:22:42 PM EDT
[#6]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History

I think I'd call before ordering.  I bought one of the Polish cans and my Wavian nozzles didn't fit.  It was a nice enough can, just different enough to make a difference.
Link Posted: 8/28/2015 7:18:09 PM EDT
[#7]
Umm
and a super siphon wont do?
Link Posted: 8/28/2015 7:46:31 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
Umm
and a super siphon wont do?
View Quote

Sure.  It'll "do." I have two.

I didn't ask about a SS though.
Link Posted: 8/28/2015 8:24:40 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
I'll second Atlantic British. Their Cans and Spouts are made by Wavian and are about 1/2 the price of the Wavian products listed elsewhere, including Ebay. I've mistakenly purchased chinese nozzles and they don't vent properly, fuel will leak out the vent hole (if it even has one). Even the Temco spouts I've used will gurgle and splash a little fuel out of the spout's vent hole. This doesn't happen with the Atlantic British (Wavian) spouts if you are using a real Nato can with a vent tube welded inside.

You just missed Atlantic British 10% off sale, but it might be worthwhile to wait a week and see if they have a Labor Day sale.
View Quote

I think Wavian is just another reseller of ValPro cans.
http://www.valpro.lv/en/products/steel-cans/civil-cans.html

I liked buying from Lexington Container Company.  They sell Latvian made NATO cans, too.

Link Posted: 8/28/2015 9:13:44 PM EDT
[#10]
Yup, I was right.
http://www.jerrycan.com/wavian-brand/
Authentic and original, this metal jerry can is manufactured by Valpro to the highest military specs.
View Quote
Link Posted: 8/28/2015 11:21:52 PM EDT
[#11]
http://www.lexingtoncontainercompany.com/Nato-Jerry-Cans.html

Link Posted: 8/29/2015 10:28:55 AM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:

I think Wavian is just another reseller of ValPro cans.
http://www.valpro.lv/en/products/steel-cans/civil-cans.html

I liked buying from Lexington Container Company.  They sell Latvian made NATO cans, too.

View Quote

Yup, you are correct. As soon as I saw the cut-away diagram I could see they were the same. As far as I know, the only Jerry Cans with the breather 'channel' is the Wavian (apparently Valpro manufactured). All the others I've seen use a oval or round piece of tubing welded to the inside of the can.
Link Posted: 9/4/2015 4:01:41 PM EDT
[#13]
Atlantic British has Free Shipping on $199+ orders through Tuesday 9/8/15.
Link Posted: 9/4/2015 10:17:31 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:
I got all my fuel cans and accessories from Atlantic British.  These are the real deal and very high quality.
View Quote

Ended up going with these guys.  Fast shipping and reasonably priced.  Just wish the nozzle was about 6" longer to fit in my 1990 Toyota truck without having to turn the jerry can upside down.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top