Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
Posted: 8/24/2015 4:29:17 PM EDT
I would like to store some water inside a large closet inside my house.  I am looking for recommendations on containers.  Ideally, they would be smallish, (5-2- gallons) and stackable.

Thanks!!!!
Link Posted: 8/24/2015 4:40:49 PM EDT
[#1]
Quoted:
I would like to store some water inside a large closet inside my house.  I am looking for recommendations on containers.  Ideally, they would be smallish, (5-2- gallons) and stackable.

Thanks!!!!
View Quote

http://www.lexingtoncontainercompany.com/Military-Water-Cans.html
Link Posted: 8/24/2015 10:59:00 PM EDT
[#2]
Link Posted: 8/24/2015 11:49:23 PM EDT
[#3]
I have a few of the 5 gallon square HDPE containers and several 20-30 gallon containers from http://www.nitro-pak.com/water/storage/water-barrels
I didn't want to go any larger than 30 gallons in order to be able to move it around with a hand truck (save that back!)  
the water brick looks interesting though.
Link Posted: 8/25/2015 7:01:12 AM EDT
[#4]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Water Bricks
View Quote

The Water Bricks look perfect, until you read the more critical reviews about thickness and leaking caps.  Any first-hand experience?
Link Posted: 8/25/2015 9:26:20 AM EDT
[#5]
I didn't perceive the need for the heavier duty MWC as mine are not frequently moved, so went with the cheaper Scepter water cans... the older Aquatainer and Coleman cans with spouts are over 15 years old without any problem... I did not loose water pressure during the 2004 hurricane season, even with the 9 day power outage

an idea of floor area needed

Link Posted: 8/26/2015 4:47:30 PM EDT
[#6]
anyone else?
Link Posted: 8/26/2015 6:47:04 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
anyone else?
View Quote

MWC, thats Military Water Can.

Buylci.com has them for about$25ish shipped if u buy 2 or more. Arguably the best water can on the planet, hands down.

You can stack these things as high as you dare. Also consider adding a bathtub liner to your water preps, the "waterBob" is a quality kit (lots of others).

http://www.amazon.com/waterBOB-Emergency-Drinking-Storage-Gallons/dp/B001AXLUX2/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1440628910&sr=8-1&keywords=water+bob

Those 12 cans sure look like a sufficient amount of water, but that's only 60 gallons of water....which goes quickly if you are not careful.
Link Posted: 8/26/2015 7:33:41 PM EDT
[#8]
http://www.prepandmore.com/storage-water-cans/

I grabbed a few of the 5 gal blue cans, seem pretty sturdy.
Link Posted: 8/26/2015 10:37:03 PM EDT
[#9]
an option if you have only one bath tub... a 33 gal plastic trash can is able to provide non potable water for bathing and flushing (directly into the bowl) and still allows you to stand and use the tub drain...not a bad idea to place another one under the eaves and catch rain water during a tropical event
Link Posted: 8/27/2015 12:13:57 AM EDT
[#10]
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Thanks!!!!

$40!

Holy fuck!

Glad I bought mine from LCI for ~$16
Link Posted: 8/27/2015 7:35:38 AM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:

$40!

Holy fuck!

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Thanks!!!!

$40!

Holy fuck!

Can you tell the OP where to get them for $16.00 now?

Scepter not LCI.

Free shipping.

Buy once, cry once.  I consider these pretty much a lifetime purchase.

I don’t just use them for storage, they’re part of a water “system”.  I live on a creek, which would be my long term SHTF water source.  Various colors allow me to dedicate specific cans for specific duties.  My green cans are for raw water only.  The black ones heat up pretty quick if left out in the sun, which saves fuel.  The blue ones are for filtered, drinkable water.  I’d rather not rely on labels that can get lost or wear away.

If you’re just storing water, Lowes sells food grade 5 gal buckets with lids for pretty cheap.

Link Posted: 8/27/2015 11:40:00 AM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:

Scepter not LCI.

Free shipping.

I don’t just use them for storage, they’re part of a water “system”.  I live on a creek, which would be my long term SHTF water source.  Various colors allow me to dedicate specific cans for specific duties.  My green cans are for raw water only.  The black ones heat up pretty quick if left out in the sun, which saves fuel.  The blue ones are for filtered, drinkable water.  I’d rather not rely on labels that can get lost or wear away.

If you’re just storing water, Lowes sells food grade 5 gal buckets with lids for pretty cheap.

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Thanks!!!!

$40!

Holy fuck!

Scepter not LCI.

Free shipping.

LC is a government contractor that sells the American equivalent of the Scepter can. The company hires disabled Americans and they build the can to the exact mil specs as the Scepters.

Haven't seen em for 16 bucks in a while but you can get 2 of the 5 gallon cans in either color for 50 bucks.

Cans are constructed and built to the exact dimensions of the Scepters.

http://buylci.com/ItemDisplayF.aspx?D1=SKILCRAFT-Water-Can-Desert-Tan--5-gal--5-gal&ItemID=906396

Link Posted: 8/28/2015 12:39:24 AM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:

Buylci.com has them for about$25ish shipped if u buy 2 or more. Arguably the best water can on the planet, hands down.

http://i626.photobucket.com/albums/tt342/sellmytires/DSCN0361_zps1bcd3ca0.jpg

You can stack these things as high as you dare. Also consider adding a bathtub liner to your water preps, the "waterBob" is a quality kit (lots of others).

http://ecx.images-amazon.com/images/I/61bJpv7XLsL._SL1000_.jpg
http://www.amazon.com/waterBOB-Emergency-Drinking-Storage-Gallons/dp/B001AXLUX2/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1440628910&sr=8-1&keywords=water+bob

Those 12 cans sure look like a sufficient amount of water, but that's only 60 gallons of water....which goes quickly if you are not careful.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
anyone else?

http://i626.photobucket.com/albums/tt342/sellmytires/DSCN0361_zps1bcd3ca0.jpg

http://ecx.images-amazon.com/images/I/61bJpv7XLsL._SL1000_.jpg

+1 on the WaterBOB for a bathtub liner.  Good cheap insurance.
Link Posted: 8/28/2015 11:56:12 AM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:

Scepter not LCI.

Free shipping.

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Thanks!!!!

$40!

Holy fuck!

Scepter not LCI.

Free shipping.

You're poo pooing LCI then recommending Lowes Chinese buckets!?
LCI are the same milspec MWC.
Same skillcraft gov't pens too.  

BTW
I got surplus MFCs for $12 each in 2008 before the EPA put the kaybash on that too.
Link Posted: 8/28/2015 12:23:29 PM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:

BTW
I got surplus MFCs for $12 each in 2008 before the EPA put the kaybash on that too.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Thanks!!!!

$40!

Holy fuck!

Scepter not LCI.

Free shipping.

BTW

I’m not poo pooing anything.  I simply commented on the fact that my recommendation was the Scepter can, not LCI.  Scepter cans have always been more expensive than LCI cans.  If he, or you, think they’re the same thing then that’s swell, by all means recommend them

I’m not recommending Chinese buckets, I recommended MWC’s by Scepter in the first posted response to the OP’s inquiry.  If money is an overriding issue then the food grade buckets are a workable solution but hardly anyone’s first choice.      

Congratulations on the MFC’s, I remember buying gas for $0.39 a gallon.  I don’t think that’s much help to the OP either.

Link Posted: 8/28/2015 12:59:13 PM EDT
[#16]
I wish I could afford more MFC. I bought 5 back when, but should have bought 20. I have the cubes from Walmart for water. Not stacked they did fine. I use 15 gallon drums that had Dr.pepper syrup, some white 55 gallon drums that had Kikoman in them. I cleaned them and just stack in corner of shop. I have a 20x40' water storage tank in backyard for flushing, bathing, etc. wife calls it a pool.
Link Posted: 8/28/2015 2:36:27 PM EDT
[#17]
WalMart: Reliance Aqua-Tainers, 7 gal blue, stackable.  Were $8 then $10, haven't checked their prices lately.  Will stack two high Ok, maybe not higher due to bottom container squashing from too much weight above.
Link Posted: 8/28/2015 7:05:34 PM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:
anyone else?
View Quote

You want smaller-ish containers!
You want inexpensive!
Yes

Well Then

Catch your favorite soda pop fizzy drink on sale in the 2 liter bottles.  
Buy Eight
Take them to the register in the 8 pack shipping crate that the cola company stacks them in.

Recycle-Upcycle-Reuse-Repurpose the pop bottles into weter bottles

Profit
You now have 4 gallons of water storage for about $8

Rinse and repeat
Then you have a stackable water storage system on the cheap.

Link Posted: 8/29/2015 2:43:58 PM EDT
[#19]
I would go with something easily portable, the lci 5 gallon cans work.  If considering the aquatainer stuff see if it has a push in vent or a screw down vent.  I have some with screw in vents but mine only live in the house and don't travel since I got some lci 5 gallon cans.  In reading on aquatainers the corners can be a weak point and people have had them leak when stacked.  Mine are on a shelf set for their height so they don't get anything stacked on them.

Then I could see a drum or 2 depending on size, drums are made for commercial use and will last a fairly long time and the 15 or 30 gallon size works.  

Run some searches to see what is in your area.

I look at it like fuel.  The 5 gallon water cans get used first and then refilled from the drums.

If I had to move a 15 or 30 gallon drum I could do so, either roll it on edge or 2 wheel dolley as someone mentioned.

I can move full 55 gallon drums but I don't do it for a living and consider it a game since I figure at some point me, the drum, or something else will wind up hurt.

I drain any 55 gallon drums I have before moving them.
Link Posted: 8/29/2015 4:31:03 PM EDT
[#20]
We bought six 5 gallon containers from walmart, I think they were $8 each.  They're basically a jerry can shaped container.  Out of the six we bought, one has slightly deformed - basically it's gotten fat in the middle - but none have leaked.  It may have deformed b/c I left it in the back of the truck for a couple of weeks during the heat of the summer.  They're in the garage and the kids beat the hell out of them, constantly dropping bikes and scooters on them or knocking them over.  

We also use the blue 55 gallon drums, and have a about 50 2 liter soda bottles spread throughout the garage.

We plan to add some 30 gallon drums, as well.
Link Posted: 8/31/2015 3:09:03 AM EDT
[#21]
Link Posted: 8/31/2015 4:12:55 PM EDT
[#22]
I bought a pair of the Scepters and a pair of the LCIs. I will report back when they all arrive.

ETA:

$80 for two Scepters, and I've already received tracking info.

$51 for two LCIs, and not so much as a "thanks for setting up your account" email....

Link Posted: 9/1/2015 4:16:45 PM EDT
[#23]
I have lci's
Link Posted: 9/1/2015 5:19:16 PM EDT
[#24]
2 liter coke bottles.

Drink coke, wash out.  Store water.

Txl
Link Posted: 9/1/2015 5:39:01 PM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:
http://www.prepandmore.com/storage-water-cans/

I grabbed a few of the 5 gal blue cans, seem pretty sturdy.
View Quote

$15.99
Link Posted: 9/1/2015 6:14:48 PM EDT
[#26]
In for info.

With the lci and scepter cans, how do you guys store the water?  Just run some tap water in them and close them till needed.

What about bacteria?

Do they leave a plastic taste like regular water bottles do when they get warmed up?  Not that taste would matter in an emergency.
Link Posted: 9/1/2015 6:47:26 PM EDT
[#27]
I store water in white food grade 5 gallon buckets with food grade lids - these don't leech bpe's into the water and remains drinkable. I store probably 50-60 gallons like that for my reef aquariums at all times which is purified with ro/Di. Not the easiest to poor out unless you get a lid with the pour spout built in, but I use a cheap aquarium pump to transfer water.
Link Posted: 9/1/2015 9:35:25 PM EDT
[#28]
ULINE

Two sizes 2.5 gallon and 5.

Stackable.

Blue color or white.

$10 and $18 respectively and gets cheaper in bulk.

Link Posted: 9/1/2015 11:55:50 PM EDT
[#29]

Quoted:

I bought a pair of the Scepters and a pair of the LCIs. I will report back when they all arrive.

ETA:

$51 for two LCIs, and not so much as a "thanks for setting up your account" email....

View Quote

Link Posted: 9/2/2015 12:24:38 AM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:
I wish I could afford more MFC. I bought 5 back when, but should have bought 20. I have the cubes from Walmart for water. Not stacked they did fine. I use 15 gallon drums that had Dr.pepper syrup, some white 55 gallon drums that had Kikoman in them. I cleaned them and just stack in corner of shop. I have a 20x40' water storage tank in backyard for flushing, bathing, etc. wife calls it a pool.
View Quote

Not to derail the thread:  $25 deal on used MFC's

Link Posted: 9/2/2015 1:47:41 PM EDT
[#31]
I buy bottled water at about $3 a case at wal mart. I keep it in the bottles. The bottles are sealed and the cases are easy to move. If a large container breaks, you lose 5 gallons or whatever. If a bottle breaks you lose 1 pint. The bottles can be rapidly put in a go bag or similar. They can also be re-used for other purposes once you drink the water. Backpacking filters like katadins are worth their weight in gold, for re-supply on the move from an unknown source. Water can also be purified with a few drops of clorox bleach, after which a pinch of gatoraid powder becomes invaluable. For bulk storage in a house, for washing or whatever, a waterbed mattress is hard to beat- kind of like a poor man's blivet. They take little room when empty, and can be placed in a bathtub- you just need to remember to fill it while the running water still works. Just my 2 cents.
Link Posted: 9/2/2015 2:35:16 PM EDT
[#32]
Someone mentioned bottled water, so here is what I currently store or would work on accessing as needed.

I do store several cases of bottled water.  I need to take sealed bottles into work so I rotate with that.  Anywhere from 1 to 8 cases around.  Depends on shopping and space constraints.  Yes the bottles can be reused and what not, but I don't save the empties.  If something happened, sure the empties would be saved.

Got 4 of the lci 5 gallon containers.  Filled from tap.  City water has some chemicals in it already so I just leave it alone without adding to it.  I rotate these every 6 too 12 months by usually needing 5 or so gallons of water for something.  Had pipes want to start freezing last winter so everything got rotated out for puppy water so I could run the water in the house for a bit to get the water moving and not just run it all down the drain.  East tn does not put the water pipes very far in the ground at times.

Got 3 or 4 of the blue aquatainers.  These tend to be empty these days but as I finish a bit of shelving for extra storage they will be stored full since they take up the same amount of room full or empty.  Till now I have not really had a place for that much weight that was not seriously out of the way or something.  This storage also will help keep 5 cases of bottled water on hand all the time so I won't run it down as much.

Place I rent has a well that was in use from before city water came here.  Old pump and lines are in place but damaged from old well house roof rotting out so this fall I am helping the owner fix the roof and going to hook things up to a generator to see what happens.  It is a 200ft well so not going to be able to say I couldpull it by hand to use it but with how it looks right now could maybe sneak a small line down it but not sure.  If I had to, rig a pulley and pull the sucker on out.  Owner figures if things are that bad we would want water and he would be helping with it.

Also have an old spring house with ok roof but has not been used in forever.  Water still there, heck other parts of yard could be turned into springs as well and ice skating rink in winter.  So it would also be considered.

Never noticed taste from the lci containers but when I get anything from a used drum to a new water container I tend to rinse it out a few times and then fill it with water and a cup or three of baking soda and let it sit in the sun and see what happens.  I don't like chemical smells and what not.

Working on changing dog kennel around and going to get some drums to make a nice big watering system for them just cause they love water in the summer and in winter I want a decent sized chunk of water to try to keep from freezing.  All part of me learning what will and won't work and I give the pups what I would use myself so it works well for a couple reasons.
Link Posted: 9/2/2015 10:37:23 PM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:

You want inexpensive!
Yes

Well Then

Buy Eight
Take them to the register in the 8 pack shipping crate that the cola company stacks them in.

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
anyone else?

You want inexpensive!
Yes

Well Then

Buy Eight

The Gatorade G bottles are great for storing water.

The plastic is thicker than soda or distilled water bottles, the square shape stores efficiently, and the recessed  bottom allows them to be stacked.
Link Posted: 9/3/2015 2:32:26 AM EDT
[#34]
I was thinking about this thread and decided I would explain my procedures better for the OP. I store 20 cases of bottled water from wally world at all times for emergencies. These all fit under a queen sized bed in the spare bedroom, and the cost is around $70. 1 case  of 24 pints = 12 quarts = 3 gallons, x 20= 60 gallons. They are stored in the dark, inside, and they are out of the way. Every June, these 20 cases are removed and placed in the hallway and kitchen and drank. Between workouts, range days, outside projects, etc. during the hottest part of the year, me and the SO use a case every 2-3 days. So, it gets used, which means it gets rotated, which also means that during the hottest time of the year our supply is between 20-40 cases. The only downside is that during the summer the hallway and kitchen looks like a FOB in iraq or afghanistan. For more practical/tactical carry, these bottles can be transferred to the many camelbacks, nalgenes, and 1 and 2 quart canteens laying around in the garage and elsewhere thanks to the US Army supply system. In the event of a lack of plumbing, the empties can be used to pee into when its not convenient or practical to go out side, and then cap up and set aside until proper disposal can happen.  In addition to the waterbed mattress, I may try and get some 5 gallon mil water cans and store them in the crawl space to be filled up with the hose for additional washing abilities, assuming there is sufficient lead-time in the event of an emergency to do so. Drinking water is the priority, and as I previously stated, a katadyn backpacker's pump can't be beat "on the go", and a couple of gallons of clorox in a contingency closet with some gatoraid powder pays dividends. I have also considered the idea of getting one of those hard plastic "kiddy pools" and storing it in the rafters of my workshop to be employed as a backyard source of washing water for emergencies. Of course, a screen cover to keep debris and bugs out would be required, along with a method to treat it (chlorine) to keep it from going stagnant, and obviously this would be problematic in the winter in an area where temperatures reach freezing. So the kiddy pool idea is still in the research phase. Additionally, home gutters can be modified and/or re-routed to containers (like plastic barrels) to collect water in an emergency- a roof catches a lot of water in a rainstorm, but I would be hesitant to use this water for drinking since it will be flowing through and over whatever nasty shit, rotted leaves, dead animals, etc. that are on your roof and in your gutters.
Link Posted: 9/3/2015 1:22:25 PM EDT
[#35]
Quoted:

ETA:

View Quote

The Scepters arrived yesterday, and despite no contact from LCI, the LCI cans arrived today.  Will be back soon with pics and comments on comparisons.

Link Posted: 9/3/2015 2:56:21 PM EDT
[#36]
When I purchased from LCI many years ago the shipping was included when it was over a certain amount.  I saw something in this thread about free shipping.  Does LCI still include shipping with a miniuim purchase?  Was the $80 for the scepters including shipping?

What I purchased was a couple of the water cans which have held up well including flying off the back of my tail gate at 20 mph one time.  I don't have any of the secpters so I can't compare.

Quoted:

The Scepters arrived yesterday, and despite no contact from LCI, the LCI cans arrived today.  Will be back soon with pics and comments on comparisons.

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

ETA:

Link Posted: 9/3/2015 8:16:03 PM EDT
[#37]
Quoted:
In for info.

With the lci and scepter cans, how do you guys store the water?  Just run some tap water in them and close them till needed.

What about bacteria?

Do they leave a plastic taste like regular water bottles do when they get warmed up?  Not that taste would matter in an emergency.
View Quote

Unless your tap water is from a well, it will have chlorine in it.  The chlorine kills bacteria, so no need to treat it.  If you have a well, then you can put some unscented bleach in the water - google will tell you how much chlorine, it's not much IIRC 6-8 drops per gallon.

I have not noticed a plastic taste.
Link Posted: 9/3/2015 8:55:26 PM EDT
[#38]

Those prices included shipping

Quoted:
When I purchased from LCI many years ago the shipping was included when it was over a certain amount.  I saw something in this thread about free shipping.  Does LCI still include shipping with a miniuim purchase?  Was the $80 for the scepters including shipping?

What I purchased was a couple of the water cans which have held up well including flying off the back of my tail gate at 20 mph one time.  I don't have any of the secpters so I can't compare.

View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:
Quoted:

ETA:

Link Posted: 9/3/2015 8:57:53 PM EDT
[#39]
the Scepters appear better made and are definately better looking (which means nothing) than the LCIs.   They are all soaking right now.
Link Posted: 9/4/2015 5:51:27 PM EDT
[#40]
Quoted:
the Scepters appear better made and are definately better looking (which means nothing) than the LCIs.   They are all soaking right now.
View Quote

moar photos plz.
Link Posted: 9/4/2015 8:22:57 PM EDT
[#41]
Quoted:

moar photos plz.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

moar photos plz.

Patience, man, patience.  I will post pics tomorrow
Link Posted: 9/5/2015 10:03:29 AM EDT
[#42]

Left to right: OD green LCI, OD Green Scepter, Tan LCI, Tan Scepter

The LCIs are both "bulged" more than the Scepters.  

As you can see the Green LCI won't sit flat on its back.  

The bottom of the LCIs are both not at uniform as the bottoms of the Scepters, causing the LCIs to wobble slightly when standing.  

You can see that the purge valves are different.  

The bottom seams on the LCIs aren't as uniform as the Scepters.  

They all smell the same.  

What's up with the "recycleable" symbol on the LCI cans?

No problems holding water.

Link Posted: 9/5/2015 12:29:31 PM EDT
[#43]
Quoted:

View Quote

Maybe a "required for US manufacture" thing?  The Scepter's are Canadian.
Link Posted: 9/5/2015 12:33:20 PM EDT
[#44]

Quoted:
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

It's the label for "HDPE".

ETA: Which is the plastic used to make the cans.
Link Posted: 9/6/2015 8:33:00 AM EDT
[#45]
Quoted:
http://i212.photobucket.com/albums/cc196/gthirteen/Mobile%20Uploads/image_zpsztxqwa7l.jpg
http://i212.photobucket.com/albums/cc196/gthirteen/Mobile%20Uploads/image_zpsdof4mdw5.jpg
http://i212.photobucket.com/albums/cc196/gthirteen/Mobile%20Uploads/image_zpslwi4lgzh.jpg
http://i212.photobucket.com/albums/cc196/gthirteen/Mobile%20Uploads/image_zpscoy95dur.jpg
http://i212.photobucket.com/albums/cc196/gthirteen/Mobile%20Uploads/image_zps0rfci3ig.jpg
http://i212.photobucket.com/albums/cc196/gthirteen/Mobile%20Uploads/image_zpswi0oahf9.jpg
http://i212.photobucket.com/albums/cc196/gthirteen/Mobile%20Uploads/image_zpsn4dfigrk.jpg

Left to bulged" more than the Scepters.  

The bottom of the LCIs are both not at uniform as the bottoms of the Scepters, causing the LCIs to wobble slightly when standing.  

They all smell the same.  

View Quote

Thanks for the photos, prior to seeing these photos I didn't think there was ANY difference at all between the two cans.

Couple questions.
1. Is the Scepter can taller/wider? (hard to tell)
2. Do you think the Scepter can weighs more?

Link Posted: 9/6/2015 1:36:31 PM EDT
[#46]
Quoted:

Thanks for the photos, prior to seeing these photos I didn't think there was ANY difference at all between the two cans.

Couple questions.

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
http://i212.photobucket.com/albums/cc196/gthirteen/Mobile%20Uploads/image_zpsztxqwa7l.jpg
http://i212.photobucket.com/albums/cc196/gthirteen/Mobile%20Uploads/image_zpsdof4mdw5.jpg
http://i212.photobucket.com/albums/cc196/gthirteen/Mobile%20Uploads/image_zpslwi4lgzh.jpg
http://i212.photobucket.com/albums/cc196/gthirteen/Mobile%20Uploads/image_zpscoy95dur.jpg
http://i212.photobucket.com/albums/cc196/gthirteen/Mobile%20Uploads/image_zps0rfci3ig.jpg
http://i212.photobucket.com/albums/cc196/gthirteen/Mobile%20Uploads/image_zpswi0oahf9.jpg
http://i212.photobucket.com/albums/cc196/gthirteen/Mobile%20Uploads/image_zpsn4dfigrk.jpg

They all smell the same.  

Couple questions.

They seem to be more or less the same size and weight.  I can measure and weigh later today.  
Link Posted: 9/6/2015 2:46:22 PM EDT
[#47]
I bought the cheap blue cans at Walmart a couple years ago. Then I found out I can't lift 5 gallons, so they're staying pretty darn close to the bathroom. Reminds me of got to check them and possibly rotate them.
Link Posted: 9/6/2015 3:29:51 PM EDT
[#48]
Quoted:

They seem to be more or less the same size and weight.  I can measure and weigh later today.  
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

They all smell the same.  

Couple questions.

Can specs:

Scepter green 4 lb 12.7 oz
Scepter tan 4 lb 10.4 oz
LCI green 5 lb 10.7 oz
LCI tan 5 lb 9.8 oz

Scepter
19" tall
6.75" wide
13.75" deep

LCI
19" tall
7.25" wide
13.75" deep
Link Posted: 9/6/2015 11:56:43 PM EDT
[#49]
Quoted:

http://www.skibane.com/Gatorade_G_1_Gallon.jpg

The plastic is thicker than soda or distilled water bottles, the square shape stores efficiently, and the recessed  bottom allows them to be stacked.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
anyone else?

You want inexpensive!
Yes

Well Then

Buy Eight

http://www.skibane.com/Gatorade_G_1_Gallon.jpg

Yes the gallon gatorade is an excellent bottle
Link Posted: 9/7/2015 12:04:45 AM EDT
[#50]
Quoted:
I bought the cheap blue cans at Walmart a couple years ago. Then I found out I can't lift 5 gallons, so they're staying pretty darn close to the bathroom. Reminds me of got to check them and possibly rotate them.
View Quote

google Camlebak Squadbak
You hate me long time now real cheap.

The one gallon gatorade jugs are great.  I have have some that have been in day to day service for over three years.  
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top