Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 7/15/2015 1:56:26 PM EDT
Looking for a couple of head lamps, will be used for camping and power outages etc. Light and bright as possible. Would like to stay 35 bucks or less. Any suggestions ?
Link Posted: 7/15/2015 2:07:11 PM EDT
[#1]
Just a dollar more can get you this:

http://amzn.com/B00GCGCYA0

I have a couple and they have been fantastic

ETA:

The TACTIKKA + headlamp is designed for activities where stealth is key: hunting, fishing, nature watching... Its mixed beam (wide base with focused component) is adapted for proximity lighting and movement. Red lighting for stealth when necessary. CONSTANT LIGHTING technology: brightness does not decrease gradually as the batteries are drained. Maximum brightness is 110 lumens, with a range of 50 meters. Boost mode allows temporary access to a brightness of 140 lumens (60 meters). Weight: 85g. Beam pattern: mixed. Energy: 3 AAA/LR03 batteries (included). Battery compatibility: rechargeable Ni-MH, and lithium. Certification(s): CE. Watertightness: IP X4, weather resistant.
View Quote
Link Posted: 7/15/2015 2:18:20 PM EDT
[#2]
For that, a good LED will do nicely. They've finally gotten bright, tough, and they last forever. Been using them exclusively when backpacking, since they came out (mid to late 90s).

http://www.magidglove.com/Streamlight-Septor-LED-Headlamp.aspx?utm_source=bing&utm_medium=cpc&utm_campaign=Product%20Listing%20Ads
Link Posted: 7/22/2015 11:31:32 PM EDT
[#3]
I've picked up a couple of Fenix headlamps from midwestblade.com  they usually have a sale with 25-30% off at certain times of the month
Link Posted: 7/23/2015 7:45:11 PM EDT
[#5]
The Energizer ACU/Foliage one I got at Walmart like 8 years ago continues to do everything I need without issue. LED spot, flood, and red light. It was something $15.

I would really like to have a TIKA Reactive headlamp that senses distances and automatically adjusts the beam's brightness but they are $60-plus on Ebay.
Link Posted: 7/23/2015 8:43:52 PM EDT
[#6]
Every headlamp thread makes me miss my misplaced St Minimus. (said three times fast)
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top