Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 7/7/2015 5:59:19 PM EDT
i've been looking around and see one or two on ebay for like $30 + shipping. I thought these were around $10 each?  anyone know where to pick one up ? any other ideas? I already have esbit stove but want to be able to use wood.
thanks
Link Posted: 7/8/2015 10:04:19 PM EDT
[#1]
I bought a bunch back when they were like $4 each.  I like the cups and the fact that they nest so well.

You can create something similar, you just need to buy a metal cup then find cans of the right diameter.  Chances are yours will be more stable.  google hobo stoves for ideas.  You can use wood with the esbit as well.
Link Posted: 7/9/2015 12:19:50 AM EDT
[#2]
I ordered mine from CTD like 6 years ago. It was like 12 bucks. I still have it. Used it a few times and it worked great for boiling water.
Link Posted: 7/9/2015 2:10:08 AM EDT
[#3]
Back around 2001 these were everywhere for $3.
Link Posted: 7/10/2015 1:42:50 PM EDT
[#4]
Once surplus stuff dries up the price goes up, its as simple as that.

I figure you are looking at $25 or so shipped for the stove you seek. I use a Trangia burner in my stove. Get shed of the cork on the bottle unless you want everything to taste like cork.

Sportsmen's Guide had the unissued (paper wrapped) Swedish mess kits with the Trangia burner for $29.00 for ten of them. Heck they even threw in a few extra burners in the box. That was eight years ago or so. They go for about $70.00 a pop now. I'm still sitting on a couple unwrapped ones.

BTW....The volcano stoves are a bit unstable. I just poke three titanium shelter pegs in the ground around the base. A few rocks would work too.
Link Posted: 7/12/2015 10:16:51 PM EDT
[#5]
Local surplus store had some about a month ago.  ArmySurplusWarehouse.com
Link Posted: 7/14/2015 6:05:45 PM EDT
[#6]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Local surplus store had some about a month ago.  ArmySurplusWarehouse.com
View Quote

Whoo!

$29.99 plus $11.00 for shipping.

Add a Swedish Mess Kit and your shipping is only $16.50 but if you just get a Swedish Mess Kit (lesser alum version) by itself the shipping is the same.  
Link Posted: 7/14/2015 8:06:55 PM EDT
[#7]
Here is another source but the shipping is only four dollars less.
SWISS VOLCANO CANTEEN & COOKER - Switzerland - By Country
Link Posted: 7/19/2015 10:36:44 PM EDT
[#8]
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top