Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 7/6/2015 4:33:24 PM EDT
Could I use these on some sort of solar charger and use to charge items with?

http://www.amazon.com/UltraTech-UT-1240-Sealed-Battery-ISO9001/dp/B003G7S0CE
Link Posted: 7/6/2015 4:43:48 PM EDT
[#1]
I don't know how great that brand is, but I use 12v PowerSonic and Chrome SLA/AGM batteries for my 12v NiMH and li-ion battery/cell chargers and a little 12v 02 Cool fan.  Mine are 7Ah (now on the ADT alarm) 12Ah and 22Ah and they're do a lot of stuff for me, regarding the above.

I have a 12v, 60w solar rig and a 5v USB, 14w folding panel, so along with my 4x18650 USB power bank, I have things covered.  

Those are a bit on the smaller side of things, but if you could keep 10 of them up and running, that's 22Ah (50% discharge depth) of useable power for a rainy day.

Chris
Link Posted: 7/6/2015 4:52:19 PM EDT
[#2]
Could I link them together or keep them all separate?
Link Posted: 7/6/2015 5:54:50 PM EDT
[#3]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Could I link them together or keep them all separate?
View Quote

Depending on what you want to do with them, you can run three of them in parallel, keeping your 12 volts and tripling your capacity to 13.5Ah, which would yield you 6.5Ah of useable capacity, before they needed recharging.

Or you could just go out and buy yourself a bigger battery, which would be more cost effective and easier to manage than multiple batteries.

Here's my 22Ah Chrome battery for $51 shipped...

You're paying $20 for 4.5Ah, or $80 for 18Ah, going with the smaller batteries in your link.

Chris
Link Posted: 7/6/2015 6:52:24 PM EDT
[#4]
if you scroll down a bit on that page they have the 7Ah cells for the $.50 less and still free shipping.

what are you trying to charge, cell phone, tablet?
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top