Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 6/22/2015 5:06:16 PM EDT
New rapid wound healing product.  Not FDA approved as of yet, but should be interesting.

"When injected into a wound site, the gel can form a clot within 12 seconds and permanently heal the wound within minutes, Landolina says."

Each batch of gel begins as algae, which is made up of tiny individual polymers. If you break those polymers down into even tinier pieces, "kind of like Lego blocks," Landolina says, you can put them into the gel and inject that gel into a wound site.

Once it hits the damaged tissue, whether it's open skin or a biopsied soft organ — livers, kidneys, spleens — the gel instantly forms a mesh-like structure.

"What that means, on the one hand, is that the gel will make a very strong adhesive that holds the wound together," Landolina says. "But on the other hand, that mesh acts as a scaffold to help the body produce fibrin at the wound's surface."

http://finance.yahoo.com/news/17-old-invented-ingenious-way-132200709.html#
Link Posted: 6/22/2015 5:10:57 PM EDT
[#1]
Wow.  Like to hear more about this as it is tested and proven.
Link Posted: 6/22/2015 7:16:44 PM EDT
[#2]
Wow, that looks amazing! If that works as described, its going to save a lot of lives!
Link Posted: 6/22/2015 8:46:06 PM EDT
[#3]
If it works, i want to invest all my money in this...

V
Link Posted: 6/22/2015 10:32:00 PM EDT
[#4]
I just want to see / hear some real life examples from the vets in a couple months. Then, much like antibiotics, I'd be ok with using animal treatments on myself or loved ones in a life or death situation.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top