Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 5/18/2015 6:54:02 PM EDT
Link Posted: 5/19/2015 4:42:40 AM EDT
[#1]
Just did a little research as I was interested:

$18 shipping

I hate that place.  They always pull that stuff.  I won't order from them just based on the principle when they do that.

It looks like you can get it for about the same price elsewhere, although without the fuel canister (man venture outpost has it listed for $100).

It also looks like there is a newer improved version called the nova+ for those who are unfamiliar with this stove as I was.

The reviews online seem to be all over the map.  Many say it is the best stove out there but many others talk about it breaking easily and often.

the dragonfly from msr is around $100 as well just for comparison.

Posted Via AR15.Com Mobile
Link Posted: 5/19/2015 6:45:21 AM EDT
[#2]
Link Posted: 5/19/2015 10:34:35 AM EDT
[#3]
Thanks for the info raf

Given that, I searched the site and found a "preppers combo":

They have an iron key 4gb memory stick for $26 with free shipping.  Adding this puts you over $100 and gives you free shipping.

Posted Via AR15.Com Mobile

http://www.unclesamsretailoutlet.com/Ironkey-Basic-Edition-Secure-Flash-Drive-4GB-p/1102.htm
Link Posted: 5/19/2015 2:48:06 PM EDT
[#4]
Interesting link here about the nova

http://adventuresinstoving.blogspot.com/2011/03/stove-of-week-optimus-nova.html?m=1

The model being sold is the brunton branded version, not sure if it is pre katadyn or post.

It looks like the nova+ has a different design of the control valve which is supposed to be more compact and robust as well.  I did come across a post saying someone with the older design developed a hole in the fuel line and replacement parts were not available.
Link Posted: 5/20/2015 2:35:12 AM EDT
[#5]
I have one of the older Nova's, and it's been fantastic. Mine is pre-Brunton, and was made by Kayadyn. Fantastic stove. Has run flawless for me in all sorts of climates, on a variety of fuels from white gas, diesel, to kerosene.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top