Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 5/16/2015 10:29:30 PM EDT
just wondering if anyone had there own or an online pick of some one actualy wearing a camelbak bfm or motherlodebackpack? i have no way to touch and feel one in person so im trying to get a visual of there size.

i was looking at those and the 5.11 rush 12 / 24 which i do have access to at the local bass pro. what im looking for is basicly a biger version of a jansport backpack a big empty main pocket and a smaller empty outter pocket no fancy bull crap.

i dont realy want a big im going off to way pack but i dont want a back to school bag either if that makes sense. the usage will be primarily a car/truck bag and hunting pack.
Link Posted: 5/16/2015 10:30:47 PM EDT
[#1]
Quoted:
just wondering if anyone had there own or an online pick of some one actualy wearing a camelbak bfm or motherlodebackpack? i have no way to touch and feel one in person so im trying to get a visual of there size.

i was looking at those and the 5.11 rush 12 / 24 which i do have access to at the local bass pro. what im looking for is basicly a biger version of a jansport backpack a big empty main pocket and a smaller empty outter pocket no fancy bull crap.

i dont realy want a big im going off to way pack but i dont want a back to school bag either if that makes sense. the usage will be primarily a car/truck bag and hunting pack.
View Quote

http://www.ar15.com/forums/t_1_5/1748880_trying_a_new_EDC_bag_out___what_are_you_using_.html
Link Posted: 5/16/2015 11:38:59 PM EDT
[#2]
I have the motherload or BFM not sure which model (possibly both as I have to large camelbak packs). I'll try and get a photo of it. It's pretty big.
Link Posted: 5/16/2015 11:43:22 PM EDT
[#3]
IMO, the best general use bag on the market right now is the 3 day LBT assault pack.

It's bullet proof, and it's too big or small.

It's perfect.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/NEW-London-Bridge-Trading-LBT-3-Day-Assault-Pack-LBT-1476A-CB-Coyote-/171373940602
Link Posted: 5/17/2015 5:34:32 PM EDT
[#4]
I have an older motherlode.  It's a lot bigger than the rush24, and quite a bit heavier duty.  I can take some pictures, but you should be able to find a bunch online as well.
Link Posted: 5/17/2015 5:38:31 PM EDT
[#5]
I really like osprey packs. Might check some out. Build quality seems way better than camelback's I have owned and the bladder is much more rugged.
Link Posted: 5/17/2015 5:56:35 PM EDT
[#6]
I've had the Motherload, and can say that it is big and heavy and doesn't carry very well once you get it loaded up due to the lack of suspension. I tend to over pack, so I try to take a smaller pack (1500-1800ci) to minimize the amount of crap I can load. If you just want something that you can load up and throw in the truck, the LAPolice Gear packs is where I'd look.
Link Posted: 5/18/2015 11:07:27 AM EDT
[#7]
I had the motherlode...I ended up selling it for Eberlestock.  I much prefer Eberletstock because you can haul a rifle and it still has plenty of room for other items.
Link Posted: 5/18/2015 11:53:27 AM EDT
[#8]
I had a motherlode until it was stolen. Great pack more comfortable than the Rush.  I just bought another on EBay. $120 new but it is Foliage Green, not my first choice in color.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top