Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 4/28/2015 2:47:35 AM EDT
so I've got a bag ill be carrying with me in a vehicle while in various areas of Florida, and was wanting to add a backpacking hammock to it, but all the ones I see are for lighter people in the 200-250 range max, and right now clocking in at 320 but still trying to get under 300, I have not seen any that are able to support that weight. wondering if the more experienced people on here can point me in the right direction. as for times used it will be a rare occasion, so the best and most expensive is not needed. thanks
Link Posted: 4/28/2015 3:28:55 AM EDT
[#1]
Get a double hammock instead of the singles.  If it's a bit too much of a "cacoon" due to excess material, fold it in half sew a seam down each side and you have twice the material under you to still support the weight.

Example: Double Hammock
Link Posted: 4/28/2015 10:29:22 PM EDT
[#2]
ENO Doublenest has a capacity of 400. Should be just what you're looking for
Link Posted: 4/28/2015 10:37:29 PM EDT
[#3]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
ENO Doublenest has a capacity of 400. Should be just what you're looking for
View Quote

I'll second the ENO Doublenest.  I'm 6'5" and was up to about 310lbs last summer.  I have used a Doublenest camping the last 2 years.  I use Amsteel Whoopie Slings for the suppension.

If your wanting to learn about hammocking, hammockforums dot net is a great resource...
Link Posted: 4/28/2015 10:56:47 PM EDT
[#4]
Talk to Randy (Papa Smurf) at dream-hammock.com. Get a hammock made with the material of your choice and tweak the hell out of it.

I have a Thunderbird in 1.6 HyperD. It's very nice material and a very flexible hammock.

Of course I absolutely love my Lite Owl from wildernesslogics.com.

I usually recommend the cottage vendors over Hennessy and ENO.
Link Posted: 5/13/2015 4:18:29 AM EDT
[#5]
Fox Outfitters Double goes to 400 and is cheap.  You'll need to add a bug net and rain fly for FL.
Link Posted: 5/17/2015 6:11:02 PM EDT
[#6]
The trees man, think about the poor trees  ENO Double
Link Posted: 5/17/2015 6:45:41 PM EDT
[#7]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
The trees man, think about the poor trees  ENO Double
View Quote

It's mostly oak and I believe some pines down here. They should be good and not scream when I use it. Lol
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top