Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 4/24/2015 4:47:51 PM EDT
I was looking for a brown leather pouch to hold at least 12 rounds of .45 acp in two round clips to go with my M1917 revolver when I came across these pouches on eBay. I preferred the doubled over top design. I was thinking they might work very well for loose .22 rounds too being pretty much sealed at the top.

$8.59 for a leather pouch that suited my needs seemed a bargain so I ordered two.

They arrived today and while they smelled like they had been stored next to the Yalu River they were just what I needed. I heated them up and got some snow-seal into them and liked the results. The snap works very well.

They are about 3.5" X 3.5" tapering down to about 2" at the bottom. One easily held 12 rounds of .45 with room to spare and the other held 85 rounds of .22. No amount of shaking dislodged any of the rounds or opened the snap.

Both my pouches were dated 1967. No idea what the Chi-Coms used them for but I suspect they could have 101 uses if you don't mind smelly leather.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/151456282220?_trksid=p2057872.m2749.l2649&ssPageName=STRK:MEBIDX:IT&rmvSB=true
Link Posted: 4/24/2015 9:02:52 PM EDT
[#1]
Seems like a good deal to me too...
Link Posted: 4/25/2015 11:20:29 AM EDT
[#2]
Would make good bushcraft pouch.
Link Posted: 4/25/2015 3:56:08 PM EDT
[#3]
I like tinkering with leather as a hobby and I could not make them any cheaper or better.  Heck of a deal for nice pouches.

Doc
Link Posted: 5/1/2015 7:59:22 AM EDT
[#4]
I also made the happy discovery that ten rounds of .35 Remington on two stripper clips fit in the pouches perfectly. I've a Remington model 81 that feeds by stripper clips and the pouch will beat the heck out of carrying them in my pocket come deer season.

Sadly they are too short for .30-06 or 8mm on strippers.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top