Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 4/19/2015 8:35:17 PM EDT
Something I can use for weighing gear, parts, estimating shipping, what eever else comes up.  Most of what I've seen are either food or postage scales.  Not sure what to look for.  Something that can weigh accurately up to maybe 50-75#   Bathroom scales suck for this type of work.  

What do you have, have had, do or don't like???
TIA
Link Posted: 4/19/2015 9:12:39 PM EDT
[#1]
it's a postal scale but it works good for me
Link Posted: 4/19/2015 9:30:32 PM EDT
[#2]
Old Will Knott sold me some 9-10 years ago that still work well.

The one I use the most is the Ultraship 75.
Link Posted: 4/20/2015 11:52:40 AM EDT
[#3]
Both look like decent options.  Any opinions on This one

I have Amazon Prime so I may go that route...
Link Posted: 4/20/2015 3:14:24 PM EDT
[#4]
Got this from amazon for $20, delivered

American Weigh Scales Table Top Postal Scale, Black

Link Posted: 4/20/2015 3:15:33 PM EDT
[#5]

Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

Both look like decent options.  Any opinions on This one

I have Amazon Prime so I may go that route…
View Quote
same company as the one I mentioned above,

worth $25 i would guess
Link Posted: 4/20/2015 3:41:51 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
**snip**

worth $25 i would guess
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
**snip**
**snip**

worth $25 i would guess

In the end, I think that's the answer I need.
Link Posted: 4/21/2015 6:55:42 AM EDT
[#7]
Having the weight scale with a detached reader helps when you end up weighing your total kit.  I have a great scale, but the display is just part of the scale and it's hard to read the display when you dump your gear in a plastic bin to get it consolidated.  I have two scales and I like the smaller one, but the detached display is more versatile.

ROCK6
Link Posted: 4/21/2015 8:40:10 AM EDT
[#8]
Good point.  I wasnt sure if the detached display would be a positive or negative attribute.  

I feel like I'm putting far more thought and effort into a $25 purchase than required, but it was almost an impulse buy at Chinamart the other day.  Glad i held off, looks like i can get something a lot better and more usable for the same $$.
Link Posted: 4/24/2015 7:08:25 AM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
Good point.  I wasnt sure if the detached display would be a positive or negative attribute.  

I feel like I'm putting far more thought and effort into a $25 purchase than required, but it was almost an impulse buy at Chinamart the other day.  Glad i held off, looks like i can get something a lot better and more usable for the same $$.
View Quote

Yeah, I love my newer Ultraship...it's excellent for weighing individual items:

The only issue is when you do a full-kit weigh-in.  I typically use a plastic bin, and you can see the issue with the integrated face-plate:

If I was to get another one, I would get this one.  You can get an AC adapter (like mine, it uses 4xC-cell batteries), weighs up to 55 pounds and has a detachable face plate...that's pretty cool and well within your budget:

Ultraship Scale

ROCK6
Link Posted: 5/10/2015 8:05:29 AM EDT
[#10]
I went with the ultraship75.  Nice scale, detachable face make weighing my whole rig a lot easier.  

Thanks for the info guys.  Happy with my purchase.  

Oh and full rig came in at 38# 4.5oz with 4 days of food and probably 2 weeks worth of snacks.  That was without water.  We camped 10' from a stream.  I still carried 2qt in my platypus.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top