Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Link Posted: 4/5/2015 9:51:19 PM EDT
[#1]
Neither.
i would recommend this one:
http://www.batteriesplus.com/product_search/45850-Schumacher-12V-Instant-Power-Jump-Starter-IP--75.aspx
Link Posted: 4/6/2015 2:16:36 PM EDT
[#2]
Thanks had ones like that.......looking at these two for info

Come on hive :)
Link Posted: 4/6/2015 4:31:16 PM EDT
[#3]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Neither.
i would recommend this one:
http://www.batteriesplus.com/product_search/45850-Schumacher-12V-Instant-Power-Jump-Starter-IP--75.aspx
View Quote

Yep, I think that is pretty much going to be replaced by the new technology.  I am interested in opinions also.

Doc
Link Posted: 4/6/2015 9:46:52 PM EDT
[#4]
Those all in ones look neat.

I have an old school with AGM battery. It cranks my F250 diesel:

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B000JFHNQA/ref=oh_aui_search_detailpage?ie=UTF8&psc=1
Link Posted: 4/6/2015 10:39:11 PM EDT
[#5]
Guys........again, I am not asking everyone to post what they use or what they feel is better than what i listed......STICK TO THE TOPIC or please dont post.

So lets try this again........OUT OF THE 2 I Posted which would you go with.
Link Posted: 4/7/2015 1:09:49 AM EDT
[#6]
Neither.

Both max out at 400 peak starting amps, which is about 400amps shy of the minimum to get my truck to turn over.

I have a spare/second 1200amp battery in the truck on a parallel switch, so if the main battery dies, I can switch to the second battery.
Link Posted: 4/7/2015 1:44:00 AM EDT
[#7]
dude. gun people fear change. new fangled lipo batteries weird them out.People still buy 30-30 for god sake.

Link Posted: 4/7/2015 7:05:58 AM EDT
[#8]
This is the one I just bought before winter.  Used it on some of my heavy equipment as well.

http://www.amazon.com/Clore-JNC660-Jump-N-Carry-12-Volt-Starter/dp/B000JFJLP6/ref=sr_1_1?s=automotive&ie=UTF8&qid=1428404650&sr=1-1&keywords=jnc+jump+starter

Some nice features:

-you can leave it plugged in and it won't get screwed up (some require you to monitor charging)

-replaceable battery

Link Posted: 4/7/2015 7:38:37 AM EDT
[#9]
I'm planning on buying the anti gravity someday soon. It is 12,000 mah. I need to compare those two more but that is the biggest difference so far.
Link Posted: 4/7/2015 7:40:01 AM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
This is the one I just bought before winter.  Used it on some of my heavy equipment as well.

http://www.amazon.com/Clore-JNC660-Jump-N-Carry-12-Volt-Starter/dp/B000JFJLP6/ref=sr_1_1?s=automotive&ie=UTF8&qid=1428404650&sr=1-1&keywords=jnc+jump+starter

Some nice features:
-you can leave it plugged in and it won't get screwed up (some require you to monitor charging)
-replaceable battery

View Quote

Can you slip that in your pocket like the two in the OP?
Link Posted: 4/7/2015 7:55:56 AM EDT
[#11]
Both are rated to start V8 engines.......enough for me, I had (2) of the JNC 660s just sold them.......size and weight make rhem a pain
Link Posted: 4/7/2015 8:12:49 PM EDT
[#12]
Maybe if your wearing overalls
Link Posted: 4/7/2015 8:30:00 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:
Guys........again, I am not asking everyone to post what they use or what they feel is better than what i listed......STICK TO THE TOPIC or please dont post.

View Quote

I would do without
Link Posted: 4/7/2015 8:36:43 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:

I would do without
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

I would do without

Link Posted: 4/8/2015 12:35:43 AM EDT
[#15]
I have been very interested in this technology for some time. Please check back in and post your opinion after you make your purchase and try it out.
Link Posted: 4/8/2015 1:23:39 AM EDT
[#16]

I have the antigravity.  It has started my truck from completely dead multiple times on a single charge.  The local ford dealership here uses one and they say they can get 8-10 starts on a charge.
Link Posted: 4/8/2015 9:32:32 AM EDT
[#17]
I have the xp10 or whatever the biggest antigravity is. I used it to start a 5500 watt camper generator the other day with a completley dead battery. So I would highly recommend them. There I another thread around here with nothing but positive reviews.
Link Posted: 4/8/2015 1:35:32 PM EDT
[#18]
Link Posted: 4/8/2015 8:54:12 PM EDT
[#19]

Quoted:

look into the noco gb30.
View Quote

This. Mine has saved my ass 3 times this last winter.

Link Posted: 4/8/2015 9:03:01 PM EDT
[#20]
Link Posted: 4/10/2015 5:23:24 PM EDT
[#21]
My brother has the antigravity one. I think it's the one you posted. Kit looks the same anyway. He's an auto tech and used it quite a bit since he got it last fall, he likes it, easier than dragging a heavy jump box through snow. Looks like the price has gone down quite I think he paid much closer to $200 like 8 months ago.
Hope this helps.
ETA; He has the XP-10 model 600w peak a little larger physically and more bucks. Guy he works with has the PPS and likes it.
Link Posted: 4/11/2015 1:07:13 PM EDT
[#22]
Are these batteries able to be left in a car or will storing them in extreme temperatures damage them?
Link Posted: 4/24/2015 5:36:24 PM EDT
[#23]
I bought the Anti Gravity unit last fall. I'm completely happy with it's performance and ability to hold a charge. It saved my butt in the middle of nowhere and I've jumped my lawn mower and tractor with it. I like that it can be recharged by the truck Cig lighter if needed too. Good kit imo.

One thing I'd like to be able to do is to plug a radio etc. into it. There may be an adapter that does this and if so I'd buy one in a minute.
Link Posted: 4/24/2015 6:43:07 PM EDT
[#24]
Link Posted: 4/24/2015 8:18:55 PM EDT
[#25]
Link Posted: 4/27/2015 9:50:11 AM EDT
[#26]
The Antigravity XP-10 seems to be a favorite on ExpeditionPortal.com.  More cranking amps for a little bit more money than the one you listed.  There are reviews of a lot of these type batteries on ExPo if you are looking for some real world experience with them.  Treat them like you would any other lithium battery.
Link Posted: 5/1/2015 10:51:05 AM EDT
[#27]
Reviewed the Scorpion and bought one for work and two for home.  The one at work has jumped two V8's in the last week.  I put one in the wife's car and one in my truck.  Just FYI, Walmart has one made by Whistler for 59.00, but it doesn't come with all the extra computer and phone adapters.
Link Posted: 5/1/2015 12:08:42 PM EDT
[#28]
I have This One

and it kicks ass.

I jumped about 7 cars with it before I did it's first recharge, but it was reading about 50% when I started.

Link Posted: 5/1/2015 12:09:20 PM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:

View Quote

Neither.
Link Posted: 5/5/2015 7:22:36 PM EDT
[#30]
Link Posted: 5/6/2015 10:55:53 PM EDT
[#31]

Quoted:
they should be ok. trunk temps even here in bama don't get outside the spec for these. 120 shouldn't be an issue. cold should affect them much.

the noco for example

The GB30 can be operated in temperature between -22ºF to 122ºF (-30ºC to 50ºC)

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Are these batteries able to be left in a car or will storing them in extreme temperatures damage them?

they should be ok. trunk temps even here in bama don't get outside the spec for these. 120 shouldn't be an issue. cold should affect them much.

the noco for example

The GB30 can be operated in temperature between -22ºF to 122ºF (-30ºC to 50ºC)

Thanks, I will probably take a look at picking one of these up for both my car and my wife's.

Link Posted: 5/7/2015 12:01:15 AM EDT
[#32]
Quoted:
after reading some reviews i ordered an xp-10 antigravity for my truck. i have a noco gb-30 for my car and it's an awesome unit but will only start my truck if the battery can hold a charge.

got it in today. doing some testing i was able to easily start my truck on the xp-10 with the battery disconnected from the vehicle. to say i was shocked is an understatement.  truck is a 96 suburban with the 7.4l gas engine. the xp-10 was on about a 50% charge and i got 8 easy starts before disconnecting it. battery was still over 20 charge at that point.

side by side with the noco, the noco construction is FAR superior to the xp10. much better casing MUCH higher quality battery clamps.

the clamps on the xp-10 are honestly cheap plastic that i wouldn't expect to survive frequent use or rough handling. i may replace them with some metal clamps if i can find some good ones that fit. having the option to power my laptop will also be a plus if i can find a correct adapter to fit my lenovo.

for the price this is an ok unit with an excellent capacity and starting amperage but for the price they really should include some much better clamps. they are seriously cheap junk.
View Quote

thanks for review
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top