[#1]
Work keys- Mini pal
Family car- star destroyer
Link Posted: 3/29/2015 12:04:51 AM EDT
[#2]
Keys,Leatherman micra,P-38.
Link Posted: 3/29/2015 8:55:03 AM EDT
[#3]
.. touché... I hope to never eat a can of ham and lima beans again... and I was in the USAF.... regards and nice pistol...when the South African and Rhodesian IPSC teams were in Florida for the World Shoot in 87(?), they bought up every P38 and P35 they could find
Link Posted: 3/29/2015 7:24:34 PM EDT
[#4]
Thank you for your service. The ham doesn't sound too bad but the lima beans would have started some chemical warfare.

Thanks, It was a lucky gun show find. Always wanted one.
Link Posted: 3/31/2015 1:35:01 PM EDT
[#5]
Shard, Ti3, and fire kit

Link Posted: 3/31/2015 9:50:20 PM EDT
[#6]

Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

You guys are nuts. I can't stand keys. I can't stand them so much that I chopped the heads off mine and sandwiched them between two pieces of titanium. Chopped a USB stick and mounted that too. 6 keys and a USB drive.  0.5"x1.0"x1.5". I swap out the car key on the bungee depending on what I'm driving that day.

"Simplify, then add lightness."  -- Colin Chapman

http://s23.postimg.org/gtp3hpyzv/keys.jpg
View Quote
That wins the internet for at least a week, perhaps even two.

Link Posted: 4/3/2015 12:03:55 PM EDT
[#7]
I try to keep mine pretty basic.  I don't like a lot of weight, bulk or jingle.

On the S-Biner I have a small LED light, and my Jeep or Kawasaki key...  I only attach one for whichever mode of transportation I am using that day.

Additionally on the cable:
Couple house keys
Gate key
Spare door Jeep key (so I can let it warm up in the winter at work.)
Work fob
P38
swiss tech utili-key

The cable allows it to slim up and I clip it on a belt loop, and it then rides in my pocket.  Very little bulk.

I used to have all kinds of extra stuff, fenix E01, ferro rod more paracord etc...  I got sick of the bulk and consolidated.  I always have most of that stuff in my EDC bag so no use in it hanging off my belt.  If for some reason I am going somewhere without my bag or my vehicle I will throw this in my cargo pocket.  I consider it my extended extra EDC.  Its more geared towards wilderness outings then EDC:

I always have my Leatherman wave with a ferro rod tucked in the sheath, and a Bic lighter tool in my pocket.  So even without that extra stuff I have the basics covered.

Link Posted: 4/3/2015 12:10:47 PM EDT
[#8]
Ummm; keys?
Link Posted: 4/3/2015 12:32:30 PM EDT
[#9]
M203 grenade launcher
Link Posted: 4/3/2015 2:57:57 PM EDT
[#10]

Countycomm pico pull
Mcgizmo micro biner
Countycomm large SS biner
Countycomm aircraft cable keyring
Atwood prybaby
Inova XS
Stainless bobbin with spider wire
Handcuff key
LaRue Dillo
Wendy's free frosty key tag!!
Home made glow fob for car key
Link Posted: 4/4/2015 3:36:58 PM EDT
[#11]
As few keys as possible.

Separate key rings for each vehicle with a key for each house on it, and a key to my toolbox at work.  All my work keys go in the toolbox.  Not a fan of having all that weight hanging off my ignition, had two girlfriends who had a ton of key fobs need to replace the ignition switch on their cars.
Link Posted: 4/6/2015 3:35:35 PM EDT
[#12]
Keys.
Link Posted: 4/6/2015 6:33:12 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
You guys are nuts. I can't stand keys. I can't stand them so much that I chopped the heads off mine and sandwiched them between two pieces of titanium. Chopped a USB stick and mounted that too. 6 keys and a USB drive.  0.5"x1.0"x1.5". I swap out the car key on the bungee depending on what I'm driving that day.

Thanks.
Maybe I'll put together a youtube how-to video. I'll put it on my summer to-do list.
Link Posted: 4/6/2015 7:51:56 PM EDT
[#14]
I carry a mini CPR mask like this:

http://smile.amazon.com/gp/product/B008J4MCHI/ref=oh_aui_search_detailpage?ie=UTF8&psc=1

It wasn't until I took one out that I figured out how it works.  You remove it from the little pouch, and wave it over the patient.  The mere sight of it will cause the patient to laugh uncontrollably, and spontaneously start breathing again.

The graphics on it look just like the "boat", and the valve is located at one end, just where the "little man" should be.  I challenge anyone to look at that and not start chuckling.
Link Posted: 4/6/2015 7:59:29 PM EDT
[#15]
Just car and house keys.
Link Posted: 4/6/2015 9:56:51 PM EDT
[#16]
P38!  That made me laugh out loud!

And I would post of pic of my standard
key set, but I lost it yesterday!

Contents:
Jeep key.
MB key.
Back door key.
Nail clippers.

I have a large key
ring set that carry
in my Maxpedition
M1. It's an EDC
thing, as well.

John

Quoted:
Truck
House
Girlfriend's apartment
Parents house
Gun safe
Desk key
Office fob
Discount cards
Flashlight
Tool chest key
P38

I really need to get rid of some weight on this thing

http://i18.photobucket.com/albums/b122/Thrash1982/20150327_200728_HDR_zpskpitjfjt.jpg
View Quote

Link Posted: 4/9/2015 12:30:43 AM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:

Handcuff keys are illegal  for any non Leo to carry here in FL. Anyways... i have a gerber dime and a energizer brand 3mode led keychain light.and some keys
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Think about it.  If you are like me your key-chain is always with you so it will be the one thing you will have even if your wallet is stolen.  Mine hangs from my belt via a strong fail-proof SS snap and has the following:

Vehlicle & house keys
Gun safe key
Handcuff key
Leatherman Juice C2 (quality small multi-tool with knife, pliers, wire cutter, 3 screwdrivers, phillips screwdriver, corkscrew, keyring attachment loop, etc.)
Quality SS pill carrier with $100 bill rolled up inside
Fire-starter

How about you?

Handcuff keys are illegal  for any non Leo to carry here in FL. Anyways... i have a gerber dime and a energizer brand 3mode led keychain light.and some keys

Well that's a retarded law. What do bail agents, bondsmen, and security personnel use? zip ties?
Link Posted: 4/9/2015 8:38:18 AM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:

Well that's a retarded law. What do bail agents, bondsmen, and security personnel use? zip ties?
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Think about it.  If you are like me your key-chain is always with you so it will be the one thing you will have even if your wallet is stolen.  Mine hangs from my belt via a strong fail-proof SS snap and has the following:

Vehlicle & house keys
Gun safe key
Handcuff key
Leatherman Juice C2 (quality small multi-tool with knife, pliers, wire cutter, 3 screwdrivers, phillips screwdriver, corkscrew, keyring attachment loop, etc.)
Quality SS pill carrier with $100 bill rolled up inside
Fire-starter

How about you?

It's not illegal for non-leos to have a handcuff key in Florida. It's illegal to have one purposely concealed if you're taken into custody or entering a location where a cuff key would be considered contraband.

Florida Statute 843.021
Link Posted: 4/9/2015 5:32:09 PM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:

I don't care if it's the most ridiculous thing in the world. Having a suppressor on your key-chain is the most awesome thing ever.  
View All Quotes
Quoted:

I don't care if it's the most ridiculous thing in the world. Having a suppressor on your key-chain is the most awesome thing ever.  

Agreed, which one is it?
Link Posted: 4/10/2015 7:07:39 PM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:

Thanks.
Maybe I'll put together a youtube how-to video. I'll put it on my summer to-do list.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Thanks.

That would be awesome I hate having my keys stab me in the leg while working.
Link Posted: 4/16/2015 4:05:58 PM EDT
[#21]
You guys carry too many keys. I have a quick disconnect on my key ring. It is attaches my car key that has the electronic fob in it. That way I don't have keys dangling off of the ignition. I can also run back into the house with the car running. I can go start the car on cold mornings and still be able to lock up the house.
Link Posted: 4/24/2015 2:28:08 AM EDT
[#22]
I have a particular "load out" in my pockets, but very little of its on my key ring

House and gun shop keys
bottle opener from my college days that still comes in handy
John Wayne
That's about it

Keep in mind that if you're hanging a lot of stuff on your key ring that's a ton of weight twisting in your ignition while driving
I've been told in the past that's not a good thing for your ignition.......
Link Posted: 4/24/2015 3:16:08 AM EDT
[#23]
The truck key is always in the truck.  only other thing I have is maybe a credit card and my cell phone with pics of my ID's on it.
Link Posted: 5/2/2015 9:30:09 AM EDT
[#24]
Keys for truck,home,office

Only non-key is tiny swiss knife.

Cannot stand sharp/heavy stuff in my pocket.
Link Posted: 5/2/2015 9:56:26 AM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:

Agreed, which one is it?
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Agreed, which one is it?

He made it.
Link Posted: 5/4/2015 2:00:10 AM EDT
[#26]
Truck key
house key
handcuff key
trailer lock key
combat optic tool.
Link Posted: 5/10/2015 4:53:49 PM EDT
[#27]
Car key and house key for me. The previously posted keychain suppressor is super cool.
Link Posted: 5/10/2015 5:03:53 PM EDT
[#28]
Only extra stuff I have on it is a bottle opener, a store card, and a quarter.

Link Posted: 5/13/2015 12:24:42 AM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:

Qft
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Car key, and thats it.

plus house key

I cannot stand huge key chains full of shit that stabs me in the leg all day while in my pocket.

Qft

Same here. Many of the monstrosities in this thread are bigger than the bulky key ornament-hangers my wife has. I'm probably biased by not liking to rifle through my keys to find the right one, and by having owned a car whose ignition switch was ruined by a heavy keychain.
Link Posted: 5/13/2015 6:18:35 AM EDT
[#30]
Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top