BCM
User Panel

Page / 3
Next Page Arrow Left
Link Posted: 5/6/2015 11:31:51 PM EDT
[#1]

Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

Rooster15:Just make one. Find some wool and cut a 36"-42" square.

Most wool should hold an edge without unraveling. If not you could slightly roll it and use a rolling stitch to hold it.

Bandanas/ neckerchiefs/neck cloths were as American as Apple pie and very useful in Frontier America. When they became pocket handkerchiefs they got smaller and far less useful in the field.
View Quote

I guess that's what I will end up doing. I was reading a Backwoods article about the old style bandanna(very large) when I got the urge for one.

I suppose a local sewing/fabric store should have wool cloth.

Link Posted: 5/7/2015 9:00:43 PM EDT
[#2]
A nice lightweight wool flannel should be easy to find.  I have even found it at Walmart.  Make sure you get a woven material not a felt.  Good wool might be a little pricey but other materials like cotton is cheap.
Link Posted: 5/7/2015 11:40:09 PM EDT
[#3]
If you are interested in an original oversized bandana, you can still buy 27" to 35" bandanas at bandana world for $4.00 - $6.00 each.

EDIT:  Best part about it.....Made in the USA
Page / 3
Next Page Arrow Left
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top