Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 1/17/2015 4:18:25 PM EDT
Anyone got any experience with the Hill People's shoulder harness and prairie belt combo? Hill People

If not, what do you run as a belt?
Link Posted: 1/17/2015 6:35:30 PM EDT
[#1]
HPG makes some good stuff. Haven't tried their belt, not really my style.

I've run VTAC and HSGI belts and I'm a big fan of the HSGI suregrip belts.  They just released the minimalist style which is even more appealing.
Link Posted: 1/18/2015 12:17:05 AM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
HPG makes some good stuff. Haven't tried their belt, not really my style.

I've run VTAC and HSGI belts and I'm a big fan of the HSGI suregrip belts.  They just released the minimalist style which is even more appealing.
View Quote

Will check them out. Thanks for the reply!
Link Posted: 1/18/2015 1:21:12 AM EDT
[#3]
I like the usgruntgear infidel war belt. I had to wait several weeks for them to make my order but I have been very happy with it.
Link Posted: 1/18/2015 8:42:53 PM EDT
[#4]
I might have an HSGI belt in the EE right now...  Just sayin'  
Link Posted: 1/19/2015 12:01:25 AM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
View Quote

Thanks for letting me know AD. Still kind of looking for input and opinions on the different options out there. Why you selling? How did you like it and what kind of loadout did you run?
Link Posted: 1/19/2015 12:15:03 AM EDT
[#6]
I have two HSGI SureGrip battle belts that I run. They're awesome. I recommend their Cobra belts also.

ETA: I used to run all that shit on my plate carrier, but after spreading stuff down to a battle belt and only running mags and a hydration reservoir on my plate carrier, I'll never go back. The battle belt + plate carrier combo is awesome.
Link Posted: 1/19/2015 12:37:02 AM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
I have two HSGI SureGrip battle belts that I run. They're awesome. I recommend their Cobra belts also.

ETA: I used to run all that shit on my plate carrier, but after spreading stuff down to a battle belt and only running mags and a hydration reservoir on my plate carrier, I'll never go back. The battle belt + plate carrier combo is awesome.
View Quote

What are the advantages of using a plate carrier over a chest rig that can accommodate a similar load? I've never run any of these which is why I've got so many questions. Thanks for your feedback!
Link Posted: 1/19/2015 1:08:10 AM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:

What are the advantages of using a plate carrier over a chest rig that can accommodate a similar load? I've never run any of these which is why I've got so many questions. Thanks for your feedback!
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

I have chest rigs and plate carriers. I normally run the battle belt plus plate carrier because I normally wear Level 3+ plates. A good chest rig is fine if it fits you well.
Link Posted: 1/19/2015 8:11:43 AM EDT
[#9]
Ill be the non normal Guy here LOL

I run a CPF 90 hip belt. Yip the padded belt from the pack. This is what's on it. Left to right -
Double magazine  pouch
Hsgi ummp
saw pouch -contains EE kit -gloves etc.
Tear away ifak
g81 knife
Hsgi (or tactical tailor grenade pouch can't remember)  with 4inch Izzy and CAT.
Eagle mi 1or 2 drop leg ran high...one strap.(can't recall if Its a mk 1 or 2 -non top flap style)

That's it. Rides snug...padded and doesn't sag. It ain't sexy but it works!

I run either a tact tailor mesh mod vest but have gone to a UW gear 4 cell rig with a camel bak mule./hydro carrier.  Getting to old for 80 lbs of shit.

Set up allows me to have a total of 6 magazines or run solo 4 on the rig.
Rig holds two small pouches with 2 Lizzy's CAT and HH compressed gauze.

Ill try and get pics I need them anyway. Honestly if the cpf. Belt had molle it'd be perfect IMHO...

Posted Via AR15.Com Mobile
Link Posted: 1/22/2015 5:04:43 PM EDT
[#10]
Link Posted: 1/22/2015 9:05:07 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:

That might could be arranged...... just sayin.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Ill try and get pics I need them anyway. Honestly if the cpf. Belt had molle it'd be perfect IMHO...

That might could be arranged...... just sayin.

LOL ....

Link Posted: 1/23/2015 9:16:35 AM EDT
[#12]
I am a huge fan of US Grunt
Gear, also.

He makes great gear.

John

Quoted:
I like the usgruntgear infidel war belt. I had to wait several weeks for them to make my order but I have been very happy with it.
View Quote

Link Posted: 1/23/2015 11:32:54 PM EDT
[#13]
Great suggestions guys. I've been checking them out. I appreciate your help and feedback.
Link Posted: 1/24/2015 6:54:07 AM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:

Thanks for letting me know AD. Still kind of looking for input and opinions on the different options out there. Why you selling? How did you like it and what kind of loadout did you run?
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

It just got to be too much.  I did the whole plate carrier, battle belt thing and realized it wasn't for me.  On the HSGI belt I had two rifle mags, two pistol mags, IFAK, dump pouch and a holster.  Really not too much, all things considered, but still very bulky and cumbersome.  I didn't have anything on my Diamondback Tactical plate carrier and it was still ridiculously heavy.  Even if things get bad, I think I would prefer to be able to travel light.  I've decided to slim down to gear I can conceal under a rain jacket.  So I'm going with a good duty or leather belt and just two or three mags and a holster.  I'm also thinking about getting a Hill People Gear Kit Bag instead of a chest rig to try to maintain a lower profile.  I've even sold off my Tactical Tailor packs because I'm just tired of the tacticool look.  I plan on replacing them with actual hiking gear which is more suited to my needs.  

Don't get me wrong, it was all very good stuff and I've sunk a ton of money into it, but I think I would be better served with gear that is designed for hiking and backpacking.  I'm glad I bought it and tried it though.  I'm one of those people who doesn't like to listen to others and would prefer to make my own mistakes.    So if I hadn't gone the tactical route first, I would have always lusted after all of the cool guy gear.  But now I know it's not for me and can proceed accordingly.
Link Posted: 3/7/2015 1:32:46 AM EDT
[#16]
Been cruising through the 125 pages on that link! Phew....just curious if any of you guys have seen/heard of anyone running a TT MAV (either 1 or 2) with a battle belt as well. Curious to find out.
Link Posted: 3/7/2015 11:54:02 AM EDT
[#17]
I've had a bit of a problem with my warbelt, hopefully you guys have a solution! I can't recall the manufacturer, and I carry 4x rifle mags, dump pouch, and IFAK. The problem is, when training and shooting from different positions, sometimes one of my suspender straps (low profile, cant recall manufacture) falls off my shoulder, and hangs about generally interfering with everything, especially my sling. I've tried tightening my suspenders so more weight is on the suspenders, but that makes the contents of the belt bounce around to much when running

I've been thinking of a chest strap much like is used on a camelback to help keep the shoulder straps together. Problem is, I often run a slick plate carrier OVER the suspenders, so a plastic clip under the plates rubbing my sternum is a no-go. HELP!

These are some of my observations:
PROs:
-much better load bearing, able to carry weight comfortably over a longer period of time than keeping all the weight on your chest
-Allows you to go prone lower than wearing double stack mags on your chest
-Allows you to take armor on and off while still keeping mags, IFAK handy
-Can adjust the belt to ride high or low, comes in handy when wearing a ALICE rucksack
-Can mix amount carried between rack and belt, so you can scale your loadout.

CONs:
-when wearing the belt, I'm a bit wider around the hips, and there is a potential to get the belt snagged on doorframes, protrusions, ect
-shoulder straps fall off
-harder to roll left or right while in the prone
-very uncomfortable to ride in a vehicle, usually to wide (especially HMMWV)
-cant wear a sidearm on a belt-it has to go on your battle belt or rack
-when carrying  4 rifle mags, if you keep all 4 on one side to make reloading easier, sometimes the belt is unbalanced.
Link Posted: 3/8/2015 5:39:49 PM EDT
[#18]
I have not used this particular belt, but its a great deal, and I think a site sponsor.

http://store.oldgrouch.biz/uspamobesuse.html

http://store.oldgrouch.biz/eapamowarbec.html
Link Posted: 3/9/2015 6:54:32 AM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:
I've had a bit of a problem with my warbelt, hopefully you guys have a solution! I can't recall the manufacturer, and I carry 4x rifle mags, dump pouch, and IFAK. The problem is, when training and shooting from different positions, sometimes one of my suspender straps (low profile, cant recall manufacture) falls off my shoulder, and hangs about generally interfering with everything, especially my sling. I've tried tightening my suspenders so more weight is on the suspenders, but that makes the contents of the belt bounce around to much when running

I've been thinking of a chest strap much like is used on a camelback to help keep the shoulder straps together. Problem is, I often run a slick plate carrier OVER the suspenders, so a plastic clip under the plates rubbing my sternum is a no-go. HELP!

PROs:
-much better load bearing, able to carry weight comfortably over a longer period of time than keeping all the weight on your chest
-Can adjust the belt to ride high or low, comes in handy when wearing a ALICE rucksack

CONs:
-when wearing the belt, I'm a bit wider around the hips, and there is a potential to get the belt snagged on doorframes, protrusions, ect
-when carrying  4 rifle mags, if you keep all 4 on one side to make reloading easier, sometimes the belt is unbalanced.
View Quote

Often wear a "slick" plate carrier and it hurts your sternum..interesting.
Why are you wearing suspenders?
Haven't seen roll left/right in a long time you must be tier 1
HMMWV's are tight, which seat are your riding in?  There are lots of tricks for all the seats, might have something to do with all the rifle mags on your belt.
What holster are you using for your pistol and how is it on the belt (drop leg, ubl, etc)?
Why do you want 4 rifle mags on your belt?

Link Posted: 3/9/2015 10:54:22 AM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:
Been cruising through the 125 pages on that link! Phew....just curious if any of you guys have seen/heard of anyone running a TT MAV (either 1 or 2) with a battle belt as well. Curious to find out.
View Quote

Not a MAV...but UW gear four cell.
I got a TT mini Mac as well for more of a low pro rig.

Link Posted: 3/9/2015 12:49:01 PM EDT
[#21]
Summit,

thanks for the cheeky response!

This is all civilian shooting , pretty casual environment. The sternum comment referred to wearing a camel back style horizontal chest strap UNDER the plate carrier. The plastic buckle rubbing between sternum and PC would cause some discomfort I imagine.

Good question on the suspenders. I suppose I hadn't considered wearing the belt without them, i'll give it a try.

There are a couple shooting positions that require shooting while laying on either the left or right hip. mags and pouches on the belt can interfere with this.

I am far from tier one, just a regular guy that sometimes uses his tools for more than punching paper. Let me know if you have any suggestions.
Link Posted: 3/9/2015 1:29:07 PM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:
Summit,

thanks for the cheeky response!

This is all civilian shooting , pretty casual environment. The sternum comment referred to wearing a camel back style horizontal chest strap UNDER the plate carrier. The plastic buckle rubbing between sternum and PC would cause some discomfort I imagine.

Good question on the suspenders. I suppose I hadn't considered wearing the belt without them, i'll give it a try.

There are a couple shooting positions that require shooting while laying on either the left or right hip. mags and pouches on the belt can interfere with this.

I am far from tier one, just a regular guy that sometimes uses his tools for more than punching paper. Let me know if you have any suggestions.
View Quote

It sounds to me like you have too much stuff you're trying to carry for the type of shooting/activity you are trying to do.

Lots of good battle belt ideas here. And total kit here.

First decide what you want the equipment to do then try asking the question again.  If you're riding around in vehicles you want something very different than if you are running and gunning, a good overall kit takes a lot of work and thought then experimentation and time/money investment to get right IMHO.

And for the record I'm still trying to get mine right
Link Posted: 3/9/2015 2:10:06 PM EDT
[#23]
Summit,

Awesome, i'll check it out, thanks!
Link Posted: 3/10/2015 12:59:31 AM EDT
[#24]
I use a couple old Don Hume duty belts.

They're comfortable enough, rigid, support tons of gear and don't feel like I've put a pool noodle around my waist.

Not as tacticool as the geardos here show off, but also not hundreds of dollars of closet decorations either
Link Posted: 3/11/2015 6:37:16 AM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:
I use a couple old Don Hume duty belts.

They're comfortable enough, rigid, support tons of gear and don't feel like I've put a pool noodle around my waist.

Not as tacticool as the geardos here show off, but also not hundreds of dollars of closet decorations either
View Quote

Hey my cool cost me sub 80$ LOL

Link Posted: 3/14/2015 7:15:16 PM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:

PROs:

CONs:
View Quote

My belt used to do the same thing, the suspenders would fall off under my PC while I was working.  I got an set of emdom suspenders with a thin built in sternum strap and it alleviated it completely.
Link Posted: 3/14/2015 11:05:15 PM EDT
[#27]
Thanks!!
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top