Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 1/2/2015 4:39:43 PM EDT
Grey Ghost Gear was having a sale before Christmas so I picked up a new EDC pack for myself.  

It's called the Griff.  I'll be able to tell you more about it after I've been carrying it around for a few weeks, but so far I think I'm going to like all the features.  It has a ton of loop material for attaching pouches and a holster.  I wrote a little review of the features for my buddy's blog.

Griff Pack
Link Posted: 1/2/2015 8:53:10 PM EDT
[#1]
I'd be interested to hear if you guys have any opinions on the write up.
Link Posted: 1/3/2015 9:55:50 AM EDT
[#2]
Good review. Looks like a pretty low key pack.
Link Posted: 1/4/2015 12:11:33 AM EDT
[#3]
thank you sir.
Link Posted: 1/22/2015 12:27:30 PM EDT
[#4]
Do any of you guys have recommendations for hook backed gear?  Mainly looking for a holster, and some organization pouches.  Maxpedition has a bunch of stuff, are there any other companies making gear like this?
Link Posted: 1/22/2015 2:20:38 PM EDT
[#5]
Run a search for molle gear, I am assuming that is what your pack has but I did not read any links about the pack.

Surplus places will have surplus molle stuff.  Now and then they have what you want at a good price.

You can take alice clips out and use 550 cord to attach stuff to the molle loops.

Molle is very common, some companies make seat covers so you can cover the back of the seat with pouches and for stuff like wranglers with cute little tailgates some people make organizers with molle loops.

Once you start running searches you should run into all sorts of options for converting what you like over to molle.

Some people just buy stuff and make their own adapters as well, there are specific alice to molle adapters I think but 550 cord is something everyone here should have by the spool.
Link Posted: 1/22/2015 3:17:28 PM EDT
[#6]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Run a search for molle gear, I am assuming that is what your pack has but I did not read any links about the pack.

Surplus places will have surplus molle stuff.  Now and then they have what you want at a good price.

You can take alice clips out and use 550 cord to attach stuff to the molle loops.

Molle is very common, some companies make seat covers so you can cover the back of the seat with pouches and for stuff like wranglers with cute little tailgates some people make organizers with molle loops.

Once you start running searches you should run into all sorts of options for converting what you like over to molle.

Some people just buy stuff and make their own adapters as well, there are specific alice to molle adapters I think but 550 cord is something everyone here should have by the spool.
View Quote

While I appreciate you taking the time to respond, please read before posting.  I am not looking for molle gear.
Link Posted: 1/22/2015 8:19:34 PM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:
While I appreciate you taking the time to respond, please read before posting.  I am not looking for molle gear.

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

If you had just said Velcro in the first place, everyone would understand pretty much instantly.

Asking about where to buy 'hooked backed gear' will just likely get you a few 's from most folks until they realize, 'Oh, you meant velcro, why didn't you say so?"

Link Posted: 1/22/2015 8:20:54 PM EDT
[#8]
These guys make a hook backed holster.

Link Posted: 1/22/2015 8:49:11 PM EDT
[#9]
You're right, the inside of the pack has a lot of the soft side of velcro.  So, I should have said I need something velcro backed.

The Grey Ghost one looks nice, but I'm not sure I want to drop $80 on it.  

I was thinking something more like this: Universal Holster

Then, maybe some pouches like these: Maxpedition Pouches

I was just wondering if there is more variety out there.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top