Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Link Posted: 12/11/2014 9:54:03 AM EDT
[#1]
These are really good deals for the money.  The double hammocks are appropriately sized but the mosquito ones are built for people no larger than 5ft 7in and most people buying these don't realize that.  I know there are people taller than that always say it works fine for them but they are never experienced hangers.  10ft is considered the minimum standard for average height individuals and 11ft for people taller than 6ft.  These come in at 8.75 feet.

This was my first hammock and at 6'2" I found it to be ok until I tried a 10ft hammock and realized how uncomfortable the woot one was.  I found that to be great until I found an 11 ft hammock, which really is great.  I gave this one to my buddy who is 5'7" and it works just fine for him.

There are threads about these exact hammocks on hammockforums (biggest and best hammock forum on the web) and it is unanimously agreed that these are 5'7" and under hammocks.   I just wanted to put that warning out there to save some people taller than that some money.

If you are in the market for an inexpensive hammock to try you can't beat dutch's found here: http://dutchwaregear.com/polyd-hammock.html  Remember if you are over 6ft go for the 11ft option.  
Link Posted: 12/16/2014 10:04:12 PM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
These are really good deals for the money.  The double hammocks are appropriately sized but the mosquito ones are built for people no larger than 5ft 7in and most people buying these don't realize that.  I know there are people taller than that always say it works fine for them but they are never experienced hangers.  10ft is considered the minimum standard for average height individuals and 11ft for people taller than 6ft.  These come in at 8.75 feet.

This was my first hammock and at 6'2" I found it to be ok until I tried a 10ft hammock and realized how uncomfortable the woot one was.  I found that to be great until I found an 11 ft hammock, which really is great.  I gave this one to my buddy who is 5'7" and it works just fine for him.

There are threads about these exact hammocks on hammockforums (biggest and best hammock forum on the web) and it is unanimously agreed that these are 5'7" and under hammocks.   I just wanted to put that warning out there to save some people taller than that some money.

If you are in the market for an inexpensive hammock to try you can't beat dutch's found here: http://dutchwaregear.com/polyd-hammock.html  Remember if you are over 6ft go for the 11ft option.  
View Quote

Wish I had know that, at 6'4" I don't think I will fit. I guess it will be a good gift for the wife.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top