Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 10/17/2014 7:04:24 PM EDT
May have over looked it but was looking for thoughts on what should be in a vehicle that is a everyday driver. Not putting together a bov but rather a well thought out kit that could be put into any vehicle that would help support the vehicle, get home bag and myself to make it home in a emergency.
Link Posted: 10/17/2014 7:22:08 PM EDT
[#1]
Oil, idmitsu  premix, some tools and a nitrous tank
Link Posted: 10/17/2014 7:32:53 PM EDT
[#2]
A knife, a porta jump start and an e-tool.

Link Posted: 10/17/2014 7:37:25 PM EDT
[#3]
The only emergency I've had in a vehicle was two flat tires at the same time. I've had flats before but only once have I had two flats at the same time. One was slit and the other was a puncture. I plugged the puncture and used the spare (which I checked before leaving). With out my air compressor and plug kit, it would have been a bad night. It happened at about 0200 in the middle of no where about 200 miles from home. That said, a tire gauge, spare fuses, head lamp, first aid kit, crescent wrench, pliers, screwdrivers, shovel,electrical tape, zip ties and duct tape all are must haves for me. There's more I keep in there. If I get the time, I'll post a pic of my kit.
Link Posted: 10/17/2014 7:43:42 PM EDT
[#4]
Truck, no trunk, but a bunch of tools under the bed cover.
Link Posted: 10/17/2014 7:48:52 PM EDT
[#5]
jumper cables
bolt cutters
fire extinguisher
bungie cords
2 7/8" ball
5w20 oil
trauma bag
box of condoms
nitrile gloves
get home bag
10/22
water
Link Posted: 10/17/2014 7:52:36 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
May have over looked it but was looking for thoughts on what should be in a vehicle that is a everyday driver. Not putting together a bov but rather a well thought out kit that could be put into any vehicle that would help support the vehicle, get home bag and myself to make it home in a emergency.
View Quote

I keep a backpack with a fixed blade knife, matches, winter gloves and winter hat in it.  I used to keep a .22lr rifle and some ammo in it, thinking if putting it back in there.
Link Posted: 10/17/2014 9:46:41 PM EDT
[#7]
Jumper cables
A small bag of very basic tools ( screwdrivers , adjustable wrenches, vise grips , channel locks , needle nose pliers , zip ties , duct tape , electrical tape , a few crimp on wire connectors , a couple of hose clamps, )

Rope  ratchet strap , small tarp , bungees
E-tool
Camp ax
Small folding saw

Link Posted: 10/21/2014 3:06:40 PM EDT
[#8]
Jump pack, Anti Freeze, 2 quarts 5w-30, large can of fix a flat, boots, boot socks, all in one milk crate
Flat of water
heavy canvas tarp
ratchet straps x4
ghb full of goodies
box of clif bars

Need to add a small tool kit
Link Posted: 10/21/2014 8:24:52 PM EDT
[#9]
I have three bags in my vehicles.  One a tool bag with tools, tire repair, standard things you would carry in your car to fix stuff.  An emergency bag that is basically just like a bug out bag with fire starting, stove, knife, saw, food, water etc.  The third is a first aid kit.  

The same thing in both vehicles.  One vehicle is a sedan so the stuff is in the trunk.  The other is an SUV so the tool kit is in a compartment under the floor and the other two are in black bags in the back.  So far, about ten years, no problems with someone breaking in.
Link Posted: 10/21/2014 8:47:41 PM EDT
[#10]
My GHB in an LA Police Gear Bail Out Bag
Jumper Cables
Several flashlights
Flares
Aerial flares (in the event I crash/roll downhill and need to be seen)
Water
Sweatshirt, hat, gloves, socks, pants
Hand/Feet/Body Warmers
Jerky, Granola Bars, Datrex Bars, sometimes some candy/gum
Paracord
Poncho, plastic bags/ziplock bags (for my feet if wearing sneakers and it's raining/snowing)
Paper Towels

I'm sure I'm missing some things.
Link Posted: 10/21/2014 11:15:52 PM EDT
[#11]
Tire jack
Spare tire
Duct tape
Two cans of fix a flat
Two tow ropes
Clevis
Flashlight
Collapsable shovel
Stocking cap/gloves
Jumper cables
4 way lug nut wrench
Wool blanket
A few bottles of water
First aid kit
Tool box with wrench set, screw drivers, vise grips, pliers, Two hose clamps.

You would be surprised what you can do to get your car moving again with a few basic tools.
Link Posted: 10/23/2014 2:11:39 PM EDT
[#12]
Link Posted: 10/23/2014 3:47:24 PM EDT
[#13]
Link Posted: 10/23/2014 3:54:44 PM EDT
[#14]
Lotsa junk...
Link Posted: 10/23/2014 7:11:26 PM EDT
[#15]
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top