Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 10/12/2014 9:46:15 PM EDT
Sale on these, 30% off and if you use "tenoff" code get $10 off and free shipping.  This brings the total to $67.

Link
Link Posted: 10/12/2014 10:00:37 PM EDT
[#1]
Tempting...
Link Posted: 10/12/2014 10:05:33 PM EDT
[#2]
Anyone have any experience with this brand?

Link Posted: 10/12/2014 10:53:34 PM EDT
[#3]
Missing a little meat but..

Here is some other threads link

link
Link Posted: 10/12/2014 11:04:21 PM EDT
[#4]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

link
View Quote

Missing ANY meat.  It's pretty much all carbs.

I suggest you look at the ingredients.  For instance  the one "chicken" dish doesn't contain any actual pieces of chicken.  Just chicken stock, and a little chicken fat for flavoring mixed with a bunch of soy and other crap.
Link Posted: 10/13/2014 11:31:37 PM EDT
[#5]
Excluding the meat issue, is this a good price?
Link Posted: 10/14/2014 2:45:29 AM EDT
[#6]
Ordered 1. Also ordered a bunch of basics(rice and grains , salt and sugar) that were on sale

I plan to use this to supplement my canned meats and MH freeze dried meats
Link Posted: 10/14/2014 5:34:59 AM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:

View Quote

Placed an order for 2 #10 cans 3 weeks ago. CC charged next day. Received order 2 weeks later.  They are slow for whatever reason but I don't like paying 2 weeks in advance.
Link Posted: 10/14/2014 6:19:46 AM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:

I suggest you look at the ingredients.  For instance  the one "chicken" dish doesn't contain any actual pieces of chicken.  Just chicken stock, and a little chicken fat for flavoring mixed with a bunch of soy and other crap.

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

link

If this is what you can afford and you don't have anything else, get it.  Carbs, soy and crap are not the best for you today, but if TSHTF it's better than being hungry.  

Link Posted: 10/14/2014 10:53:34 AM EDT
[#9]
Grab some canned chicken to up your protein.
Link Posted: 10/14/2014 11:20:34 AM EDT
[#10]

Quoted:

Grab some canned chicken to up your protein.
View Quote

Spam, sardines, tuna, canned salmon.  I bought 100# bags of pintos, black beans and rice at a Mexican grocery store pretty cheap a few years ago.  100# of beans is a lot of protein.

Link Posted: 10/15/2014 12:00:29 AM EDT
[#11]
I ended up doing two separate orders, a nice byproduct is that I was able to use the code twice (assuming they'll honor it both times)
Link Posted: 10/15/2014 9:03:18 PM EDT
[#12]
Ugh, appears I missed the sale
Link Posted: 10/18/2014 11:56:14 AM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:

View Quote

As far as taste, it tastes pretty good. When I lived in UT, this was the brand I saw being stocked everywhere, from Walmart to Costco. The price is pretty good as well. Walmart has it listed for $116. As always YMMV...
Link Posted: 10/18/2014 12:45:46 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:

If this is what you can afford and you don't have anything else, get it.  Carbs, soy and crap are not the best for you today, but if TSHTF it's better than being hungry.  

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

link

This is true, but there are better options if you can afford it.

I've had some of their other products and they were fine.  At the very least be aware of what you're buying.
Link Posted: 10/18/2014 8:51:26 PM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:

I've had some of their other products and they were fine.  At the very least be aware of what you're buying.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

link

It appears you have tried several other options that are better.  Can your enlighten us on what you felt was better?
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top