Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 9/28/2014 5:45:47 PM EDT
So I just got a new EU2000i, sweet little gen.  Sold the 8250w big boy back last year to save on fuel when needed.  

My question is with the old gen, I'd cut the fuel supply and it would run itself out of gas.  No issue with gas in the carb getting gummed up or stale etc.  With the EU it does not seem this is possible.  Just turn it off, let it cool, then close off the fuel cap.  

Am I missing something or what is the process for getting the fuel out of the carb?  

All that being said, I plan on firing it up once a month just as I did with the old one.  One needs to know that it DOES work when needed.  ;-)  

Link Posted: 9/28/2014 6:15:17 PM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 9/28/2014 8:07:18 PM EDT
[#2]
Many thanks!!
Link Posted: 10/1/2014 8:40:28 PM EDT
[#3]
Sure!

I have one too and LOVE it!

If you don't have these already, I suggest them:

http://www.amazon.com/MAGNETIC-DIPSTICK-FILLER-EU2000i-GENERATORS/dp/B004D9U2E8/ref=sr_1_14?ie=UTF8&qid=1412210284&sr=8-14&keywords=honda+2000i

That one is for both the oil extension filler neck and the magnetic cap, which is cheaper than buying them both...

I also did the extended run fuel tank kit and will be using it for the first time this weekend.
Link Posted: 10/1/2014 11:19:38 PM EDT
[#4]
Yep, ordered that same set when I picked up the genny.  They sure are handy.

I'm curious how the extended run-time tank works, so let us know.  I've been eyeing that also…
Link Posted: 10/2/2014 3:47:17 AM EDT
[#5]
Convert to propane and get a 100 lb tank.  Run it for days with that setup....and the engine will last even longer too.

Link
Link Posted: 10/9/2014 8:29:33 AM EDT
[#6]
As shown in the manual you can drain. However, I've had no problems yet with jets clogging, and think my Hondas are around seven years old. I try to buy my generator gas in the winter when  low emission additives aren't being used.  My gen is store in basement in 70ish temps. I use fuel stabilizer and run 15 minutes quarterly
Link Posted: 10/9/2014 1:46:19 PM EDT
[#7]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
As shown in the manual you can drain. However, I've had no problems yet with jets clogging, and think my Hondas are around seven years old. I try to buy my generator gas in the winter when  low emission additives aren't being used.  My gen is store in basement in 70ish temps. I use fuel stabilizer and run 15 minutes quarterly
View Quote

Similar here. I use Pri-G and don't drain; never had problems. Not yet, anyway...
Link Posted: 10/14/2014 4:43:53 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
Yep, ordered that same set when I picked up the genny.  They sure are handy.

I'm curious how the extended run-time tank works, so let us know.  I've been eyeing that also…
View Quote

The extended run tank is great.  The honda will run for days on 1 tank and you can refuel without shutting down.
Link Posted: 10/16/2014 11:22:44 PM EDT
[#9]
There is a youtube video somewhere that details how to add a kill switch separately from the fuel cutoff that allows you to run it out of gas.

Grove
Link Posted: 10/23/2014 11:58:55 PM EDT
[#10]
Found links that describe the process.

One here with a toggle and here with a surface mount thumb switch.

Grove
Link Posted: 10/24/2014 12:14:28 AM EDT
[#11]
View Quote

Thanks. Needed this myself.

Txl
Link Posted: 10/28/2014 3:08:38 PM EDT
[#12]
Can you just pick the EU2000 up and turn it over to drain the excess gas in an approved container?  This is after you drain the carb.  Even though I run mine until it quits, it still has some gas in the tank.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top