Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 9/15/2014 7:07:39 PM EDT
I have a old Pelican 1200 case that I am not using.  I have decided to turn it into a 1st Aid Kit.  This kit will mainly be a vehicle kit in my car, also taken when I go hunting / camping / etc.

Help me stock it correctly!!!

All items must fit into the Pelican 1200 case.  The Interior Dimensions are:  9.25 x 7.12 x 4.12 inches.

I will probably have a small zippered pouch inside the Pelican that will hold small "Boo Boo" items separately.  

If you have similar set up's, post some pics so I can get some ideas!

Thanks!!  
Link Posted: 9/15/2014 8:14:19 PM EDT
[#1]
My initial response is for what purpose?  Camping, Car, Sports, Home use, SHTF, etc?
Link Posted: 9/15/2014 10:54:47 PM EDT
[#2]
Just remember, some things will melt or liquify.  Put any liquids or salves, lip balm etc, in a plastic bag to protect everything else JIC.
Link Posted: 9/15/2014 11:49:57 PM EDT
[#3]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
My initial response is for what purpose?  Camping, Car, Sports, Home use, SHTF, etc?
View Quote

Mainly to keep in the car for when I am camping / Hunting / Going shooting / etc.  
Link Posted: 9/16/2014 11:01:21 AM EDT
[#4]
Where you from in AZ?

Edited to add:

The problem with what you're saying is that you should be trauma-capable for shooting, but maybe not camping or hiking. I always carry life-saving stuff, but its up to you what kind of capabilities you have training for or wish to carry in your kit. As with all gear, it is a balance between weight/size and capability..
Link Posted: 9/25/2014 10:38:53 AM EDT
[#5]
Gloves

CPR mask

Quick Clot

Chest seal

Pressure dressing

Small trauma dressings

4x4 Gauze

Tape

3" Gauze roll or Kling

Misc bandaids

Trauma sheers

Tweezers

Bottle of eyewash

OTC pills

Bottle of Alcohol or other antiseptic

Mylar blanket

A few popsicle sticks

Caevats with safety pins

Hand warmers

Blister tx kit

Dental tx kit (if you have room left)

Can't think of much else I would want that would fit and be appropriate for your needs.

Link Posted: 9/25/2014 11:28:13 AM EDT
[#6]
I have two similar trauma oriented kits, one in my off body carry bag (shown) and another in a Blackhawk fold open pouch for range use...I have room for roll tape in the range bag, and the electrician shears have been replaced with EMT shears... most of the top half of FFMedics recommendations are in the supplies... petroleum gauze substituted for chest seal...I carry a roll of stretch Coban style tape and Telfa 4x4 pads for minor match boo boos in the bottom of my shooting bag ...

Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top