Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 9/12/2014 9:12:48 PM EDT
Just started to piece together my war/battle belt. I have a High Speed Gear Battle Belt with a Cobra Riggers Belt.

For my magazine pouches I have one X2R Taco (double magazine) and a Condor (double magazine pouch-its side by side) and a Maxpedition (single mag). I already had the Condor and Maxpedition, so I figured I may/may not use. I am not 100% set with the setup and gear I have, only the belt I am happy with.

I also plan on adding a holster, a few magazine pouches for a Glock 21, a multitool pouch, Esee 6 and a tac light.

I got the low drag suspenders to help secure and hold up my belt, since it will probably be on the heavier side.

My questions are the following.

How many rifle magazines pouches (30 Round Mags for AR-15) do you run on your belts? Mine will be more suited for SHTF. I also have a chest rig for even more added magazine capacity if need be.

Any recommended certain brand mag pouches that you run that you like?

Any mag pouches for 308, I may be also carrying my AR-10 in my Eberlestock. Having trouble finding some decent mag pouches for the belt.

The Mallet clips (or whatever they are called that came with the High Speed Gear Tacos suck, I ended up getting some straps to mount the Taco from Maxpedition. Anyone know of good straps to help with mounting onto Molle?

Just looking for good gear to mount to my belt.

Any recommended web sights for gear please post up.

Thanks again, this is my first belt so I would like to do right.

Link Posted: 9/12/2014 9:15:01 PM EDT
[#1]
Here's your best bet for thorough answers:

http://www.ar15.com/forums/f_6/10_Tactical_Gear.html
Link Posted: 9/12/2014 9:17:59 PM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Here's your best bet for thorough answers:

http://www.ar15.com/forums/f_6/10_Tactical_Gear.html
View Quote

Thanks, Mod if you can delete my thread or lock, reposted in better section, thank you sir.
Link Posted: 9/13/2014 10:44:15 AM EDT
[#3]
5.56 mag pouches- I run 2 single tacos on my 3 gun belt, I have one fast mag on my operational belt. tactical tailor makes a nice single 308 called the fight light model.
Link Posted: 9/13/2014 11:22:28 AM EDT
[#4]
I run the sure grip and love it...but that neoprene wears out quick.  So far it's still holding together and doing what it should but I just picked up another belt to try but it doesn't stay put like the HSGI.  I took the sure grip to Astan and wore it daily, all the train-up, and I've worn it sense to play so it has seen a lot of miles.

I run taco's but that's because I go back and forth from 7.62 to 5.56 mags almost every time I go shoot.  When I deployed I used esstac shorty's 5.56 and I can say there is no better mag pouch IMHO, they make a 7.62 version as well but I haven't used one.  If you are dedicated to one caliber check out the esstac's. Someone else started making a TACO like pouch but I can't recall who it was.

I run a bravo concealment holster RTT with a modification of some bungee cord for retention when I know I wont be needing the pistol in a hury, I see they came out with a holster that has retention....hmmm

Mods are going to hate me but lightfighter.net is a great resource for researching this topic.
Link Posted: 9/13/2014 8:13:37 PM EDT
[#5]
Hey thank you everyone for the info, going to check it out right now, very  much appreciated.
Link Posted: 9/15/2014 5:24:28 PM EDT
[#6]
I do battle belts a little differently; It is my primary loading area which means one rifle mag in a HSGI Taco, one Pistol mag in a HSGI Taco, a dump pouch, BOK and pistol holster. Admin stuff goes in your pockets and mission essentials goes in your appropriately sized backpack. Thats it. Keep it simple. You then manage the load from your chest rig, shifting/shuffling mags down the line during a loll to always be accessing your re-load mag from the same spot on your belt.

I like this method myself because it allows you to have multiple weapons systems (AR, AK, 308...) with one standard belt as long as you have a simple chest rig for each of those specific systems. I prefer the rest of my mags to have some retention flaps of one kind or another - not open top). The only thing changing is what mag you have in your reload pouch on your belt, nothing else.

If I was out looking for a firefight this would not be the idea setup. Thats what armor and all open top high capacity magazines are for. For a range set up, scouting an objective, or other non-direct action activity, it works very well (for me).
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top