Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 8/31/2014 5:07:28 PM EDT
Ok so let's assume there is no EMP, and that you have a good solar setup.

What is your current or wishlist for tactical nerd tech.

I.E what kind of programs, and accessories do you have for your Toughbook

Or What is the ultimate Tablet setup, ruggedized, what apps, what accesories... etc

What would help you though SHTF.. i.e an invasion, fuel shortages, natural disasters, you're on the run for some reason

Best apps, and coolest hardware to help you get through stuff and protect yourself and identity?

P.S How do I get images to display inline? thanks
Link Posted: 9/3/2014 1:11:04 AM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 9/3/2014 1:28:45 AM EDT
[#2]
EMP won't do shit to any of that, It can be whatever works within your budget. I have a Nexus7 in a RAM mount in my Jeep. I use it for navigation and maps mostly, but it could also be paired with a radio for communication.
Link Posted: 9/4/2014 8:28:57 AM EDT
[#3]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Mine is keeping my network up and running. Security cameras at the house are IP based. As well as security cameras at work and other strategic places around my town. Can also use my outdoor high power WiFi radio/antenna to link up to neighbors etc. Can also scan for other client devices, i.e. other cell phones or wifi enabled devices.
View Quote

Very cool, so you essentially built your own intranet via wifi?
Link Posted: 9/4/2014 8:29:56 AM EDT
[#4]
Any fav apps that are far and above better than anything else you have come across for related uses?
Link Posted: 9/4/2014 10:13:50 PM EDT
[#5]
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top