Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 8/27/2014 11:11:48 AM EDT
Hi all!  I'm doign a little outdoor servival gear project where I need to do some custom plastic parts with threads.But I've bumped into some problems.

I have been looking for the female threading profile of a 0.5 liter Coca Cola bottle. Like the one found in this link http://www.myprintresource.com/blog/10976421/color-digital-in-label-printing

I have been looking for it all over the web without luck. The only thing I found was a PDF thread profile of something called 28mm/400. But that one was a male thread profile.

And somehow the male is not the same as the female, at least when I tried. I did a little test with an opposite bolt that has a 3/4 thread profile it went into the Coca Cola cap(female) wihtout problem. But when I try to screw on a 3/4 nut on the male part of the cola bottle it couldn't do it. So apparently the coca cola male and female threading is not the same ????

Help needed. Thanks in advance!
Link Posted: 8/27/2014 11:14:08 AM EDT
[#1]
You might try over on the silencer sub forum.
Link Posted: 8/27/2014 4:02:36 PM EDT
[#2]

Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

You might try over on the silencer sub forum.

View Quote
Are we trying to build something nefarious

Link Posted: 8/27/2014 5:14:57 PM EDT
[#3]
About the only thing I personally know of that needs a coke bootle adapter is a silencer for 22 LR.
Link Posted: 8/27/2014 5:44:08 PM EDT
[#4]
Probably just be easier to use a complete "platform" and adjust your project to fit these..............................

http://www.stevespanglerscience.com/baby-soda-bottles-giant-test-tubes.html

Link Posted: 8/27/2014 11:08:33 PM EDT
[#5]
Silencer = Outdoor survival gear? Ha ha ha..

No its a liquid device for mounting on another system that can collect rain water. It has nothing to do with silencer.
Link Posted: 8/28/2014 12:08:43 AM EDT
[#6]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Silencer = Outdoor survival gear? Ha ha ha..

No its a liquid device for mounting on another system that can collect rain water. It has nothing to do with silencer.
View Quote

Try contacting the folks at Kammok hammocks. They make a rain fly for their hammocks with a rain collection system built-in, designed to interface with that common thread pattern (coke bottles, disposeable water bottles, etc. They include platypus collapseable water bottles with the rain fly, which is called the Glider). They may be able to help you at least figure out what thread pitch/size.
Link Posted: 8/28/2014 4:45:02 AM EDT
[#7]
I saw these at a store one time, some years ago. I don't have a use for them (as I have legal, papered silencers); but they struck me as potentially useful for someone wanting to make their own rimfire suppressor, going the Form 1 route.

http://www.amazon.com/American-Science-Surplus-Tornado-Tube/dp/B000GYSZOI

It's an adapter for connecting two 2-liter coke bottles together (one of which is filled with water), for simulating tornado action.

Link Posted: 8/28/2014 5:54:17 PM EDT
[#8]
you could make a mold and cast the past in resin

edit: part
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top