Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 8/27/2014 2:35:08 AM EDT
So on my trip out west I see these guys all over the place and out in the middle of nowhere...

What are they packing in those saddle bags? Any of you bike cross country like his? Let's see your gear. I would see these people out in the middle of nothing in Wyoming, trucking it up hills and thru dessert. No thank you. Not me.
Link Posted: 8/27/2014 5:54:56 AM EDT
[#1]
Too much work for you?   That's the camping gear in the packs.
Link Posted: 8/27/2014 7:30:51 AM EDT
[#2]

Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

View Quote

I bet its a great way to see the county if you have the time to do it.
Link Posted: 8/27/2014 8:03:49 AM EDT
[#3]
Those setups look better than mine from my thread from yesterday.

And we had to travel up this to get to that spot
Link Posted: 8/27/2014 8:11:30 AM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

+1

Link Posted: 8/27/2014 8:36:06 AM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
Those setups look better than mine from my thread from yesterday.
<a href="http://s184.photobucket.com/user/AlaskaJohn9/media/7953C17C-C687-4214-80E8-8E38263B1F45_zpsq3gjubdn.jpg.html" target="_blank">http://i184.photobucket.com/albums/x13/AlaskaJohn9/7953C17C-C687-4214-80E8-8E38263B1F45_zpsq3gjubdn.jpg</a>

And we had to travel up this to get to that spot
<a href="http://s184.photobucket.com/user/AlaskaJohn9/media/58F62F9A-E563-4D40-A444-82550457F71B_zps7twjg8bj.jpg.html" target="_blank">http://i184.photobucket.com/albums/x13/AlaskaJohn9/58F62F9A-E563-4D40-A444-82550457F71B_zps7twjg8bj.jpg</a>
View Quote

Yes...I saw your thread which reminded me that I wanted to post this......and I was going to add that you needed to post moar pics...
Link Posted: 8/27/2014 8:40:03 AM EDT
[#6]
I get this guy...

motorcycle....from Alaska and heading east thru Nebraska. Saw a couple with Harley's at the KOA. They were sleeping in a one person tent. When I walked past in the morning they were already packed and ready to head out. That is a cheap way to travel. $25 a night for a camping spot and next to nothing for gas. See the country.
Link Posted: 8/27/2014 8:56:46 AM EDT
[#7]
Just saw this a  day or two ago:  COG-BURN  CB4 Hunting Fat Bike!

Looks interesting!  Not Cheap!!  I would like the rack! But it is $130.00!
As Alaskagrown has the trailer. I'm hoping to snag  my grand- son carrier,
When he out grows it!!!
Just my 1/2 cent worth!!!

PITA45
Link Posted: 8/27/2014 8:59:46 AM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:

When he out grows it!!!

PITA45
View Quote

I read his comment about the trailer not being made for ruff terrain. You should be able to find some fat tires for those things somewhere.
Link Posted: 8/27/2014 9:56:55 AM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:

I read his comment about the trailer not being made for ruff terrain. You should be able to find some fat tires for those things somewhere.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

When he out grows it!!!

PITA45

Kiddie trailers are for kids.

For hauling gear, consider a BOB Yak
Link Posted: 8/27/2014 10:09:13 AM EDT
[#10]
usually beer and ice.

clown
Link Posted: 8/27/2014 10:12:35 AM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
I get this guy...

http://i59.tinypic.com/veosxu.jpg

motorcycle....from Alaska and heading east thru Nebraska. Saw a couple with Harley's at the KOA. They were sleeping in a one person tent. When I walked past in the morning they were already packed and ready to head out. That is a cheap way to travel. $25 a night for a camping spot and next to nothing for gas. See the country.
View Quote

Looks to be near Sidney, NE or Potter, NE.
Link Posted: 8/27/2014 10:35:03 AM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

When he out grows it!!!

PITA45

This!  Non-rutted  hard pack and paved surfaces are really the only places I would use a kiddie hauler you get it sidehilling even on something like a 4 wheeler rut and it will flip.  It doesn't track as all as a one wheeled bob trailer and if while going down ruts one wheel slides all of them will including the ass end of your bike.  I don't see bigger tires helping the trailer for my main complaints.

The cogburn actually isn't that bad my buddies Borealis is sitting at $5,500 all carbon badassness.  Mine with new (used) tires upgraded freehub and new tubes is $345 total opposite end of the spectrum.
Link Posted: 8/27/2014 10:37:37 AM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:

When he out grows it!!!

PITA45
View Quote

For gun or bow rack check out the Montana scabbard.
Link Posted: 8/27/2014 4:54:47 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:
So on my trip out west I see these guys all over the place and out in the middle of nowhere...

http://www.pinedaleonline.com/thingstodo/scr-bikerssign.jpg

What are they packing in those saddle bags? Any of you bike cross country like his? Let's see your gear. I would see these people out in the middle of nothing in Wyoming, trucking it up hills and thru dessert. No thank you. Not me.
View Quote

You must need assistance getting up off the couch.

Get a bicycle you might like it. Shouldn't be to hard to bike there since FL is as flat as a pancake.

I ride at least 20 miles here (3200') almost every day on my short course. I'm 56 and can average 17-19 mph, depending on headwinds, since I treat the ride as a time trial. Great way to lose weight, and build up the legs & cardiovascular system for hunting season up in the mtns. Haven't done any touring like those in the pics since I've always preferred racing since I was young.

My .02
Link Posted: 8/27/2014 7:40:22 PM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

When he out grows it!!!

PITA45

Your right about the trailer and ruff terrain!
This was posted over at Survival CACHE:    
Survival Bicycling: Part 1
Survival Bicycling: Part 2

In part two they talk about different trailers. Which one is best for down hill over ruff terrain!!
Something maybe on You-tube as well????
Sorry did not mean to HI-Jack this tread. Trying to getting back in to bike riding! Been a while!!!
Carry on!!!

PITA45
Link Posted: 8/27/2014 10:58:13 PM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:

Get a bicycle you might like it. Shouldn't be to hard to bike there since FL is as flat as a pancake.

I ride at least 20 miles here (3200') almost every day on my short course. I'm 56 and can average 17-19 mph, depending on headwinds, since I treat the ride as a time trial. Great way to lose weight, and build up the legs & cardiovascular system for hunting season up in the mtns. Haven't done any touring like those in the pics since I've always preferred racing since I was young.

My .02
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

http://www.pinedaleonline.com/thingstodo/scr-bikerssign.jpg

My .02

I do 30 min on my bike 4 or 5 days a week in the 100 degree beating sun. I do it....I don't enjoy
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top