Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 8/26/2014 5:56:16 AM EDT
72 hour bag    Tp, first aid kit with wrap, one mre, 3 litter of water. In bottles ,3 liter water pack, water pure tables, wool army blankets, 2 emer blankets, Rain poncho, 2 light sticks , Led streamline stylus pro, two way radio 5 watt uhf vhf with fm ,flashlight ,slim Jim ant and two battery's, ear mic,  two knifes, para cord,bug wipes , sun screen, 3 10mm Glock mags, 5 30rd ar mags.waterproof matches and hot spark. Five hour energy drink, m4 14.5 and Glock 29 with holster. Glock 22 with two mags. Army shove, camp saw. Eddy bower weather jacket.    I know it no a lot of food I will eat bug or grub worms if need be ! This is a truck slash car bob also gps paper mag in water proof case and map compass. M4 has a streamlite TL1 on it ! I allway have redwing work boots tan cargo pant and a od green or earth colored clothes on me hat a sun glasses, leather gloves !
Link Posted: 8/26/2014 10:27:02 AM EDT
[#1]
Why 2 pistols?
Link Posted: 8/26/2014 10:44:47 AM EDT
[#2]
I carry a 29 every day 22 stays in car or truck no reason to leave it :)
Link Posted: 8/30/2014 11:26:37 AM EDT
[#3]
The reason is called weight.

An extra pistol and mags equals another day's food, clothes, or water.
How good is your shelter set-up compared to your expected weather?

Your kit seems focused more on shooting your way home than most scenarios would call for.
Link Posted: 8/30/2014 5:27:05 PM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:
72 hour bag    Tp, first aid kit with wrap, one mre, 3 litter of water. In bottles ,3 liter water pack, water pure tables, wool army blankets, 2 emer blankets, Rain poncho, 2 light sticks , Led streamline stylus pro, two way radio 5 watt uhf vhf with fm ,flashlight ,slim Jim ant and two battery's, ear mic,  two knifes, para cord,bug wipes , sun screen, 3 10mm Glock mags, 5 30rd ar mags.waterproof matches and hot spark. Five hour energy drink, m4 14.5 and Glock 29 with holster. Glock 22 with two mags. Army shove, camp saw. Eddy bower weather jacket.    I know it no a lot of food I will eat bug or grub worms if need be ! This is a truck slash car bob also gps paper mag in water proof case and map compass. M4 has a streamlite TL1 on it ! I allway have redwing work boots tan cargo pant and a od green or earth colored clothes on me hat a sun glasses, leather gloves !
View Quote

Good start - Oklahoma winters can suck hard - anything shelter/warmth related beyond the wool blanket and a poncho? If it's in the truck maybe a sleeping bag and a tent?
Link Posted: 8/30/2014 6:56:39 PM EDT
[#5]
Awhile ago someone posted a link to a wheel barrow type attachment that allowed people to basically put a wheel on a heavy pack and tow it - over tough terrain too. I cant' remember the name of it but it looked cool for a bug out over distance.

When I lived in NOVA my contingency plan to get home (from DC to south of Quantico) involved 'slugging' or hitching a ride with anyone I could. If I had to walk it, it would take 2 days. So that meant getting a bike as soon as I could acquire one including from a random stranger or kid - for which I kept an extra $100 in cash).

Consider panniers for a bike - you can carry alot of weight on a bike and triple the distance you could cover in the same time.
Link Posted: 9/1/2014 10:12:20 AM EDT
[#6]
Have you weighed that setup?
Link Posted: 9/1/2014 3:49:10 PM EDT
[#7]
If your gonna have two glocks why not match them?  22 and 27 40 cal or 29 and 20 10mm?  ammo and mag interchangeability is key in my book.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top