Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 8/23/2014 5:02:56 AM EDT
Just wanted pass this on, especially with Fall and Winter approaching. Stopped by my local Costco and saw they had Kirland Softshell jackets for $20. I looked over the jacket briefly and it didn't take long for me know that it's a great quality jacket for the money.

All zippers have zipper garages:

All zippers are YKK brand. Main zipper has storm flap:

They seem to be better made and cleaner than my Rothco and Condor softshells. Damn good quality especially for the money.
Link Posted: 8/23/2014 5:08:54 AM EDT
[#1]
I picked one up last season and it's a great jacket.  

On par with the LLBean softshell I paid nearly $100 for.
Link Posted: 8/23/2014 2:31:44 PM EDT
[#2]
I looked online and all they had fleece and NFL soft shells.
Link Posted: 8/23/2014 2:50:15 PM EDT
[#3]
I bought one this year as well, still have one I bought a few years back. It's been pretty damn nice, weather proof enough for day to day stuff up here in the rainy NW. My outdoor jackets consist of northface and OR for hiking/backpacking trips.

But you can't beat the Costco jacket for $20.

I also picked up a syn down vest for about the same price.
Link Posted: 8/24/2014 5:50:15 AM EDT
[#4]
Link Posted: 8/24/2014 4:54:25 PM EDT
[#5]

Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

They look fine.  Too bad I'm not a member.

figured out a work-around for the membership thing, thanks to a previous gift card.

So, the ad copy says athletic fit.  I assume one size up for non-athletic types.  How is the sleeve length?  I need it on the longish side.
View Quote
They were tight in the shoulders and arms. Sleeves were long. They had Velcro adjustments at the cuff to keep them from reaching further than the wrist.

I passed. I suppose I'm not athletic build. 5'10" 250 and the XXL was too small. Now mind you I could wear it, just wasn't comfy with the "athletic fit" I like a little loose fit. I'm not so sure any size would have been comfy. Like wearing a wet suit.
Link Posted: 8/24/2014 4:58:00 PM EDT
[#6]
Link Posted: 8/25/2014 7:11:43 AM EDT
[#7]
I have a Kirkland soft shell from a few years ago. Maybe time for a new one this year
Link Posted: 8/25/2014 4:26:18 PM EDT
[#8]
I wear a 15 1/2 35 dress shirt. the large works for me
Link Posted: 8/27/2014 12:21:49 PM EDT
[#9]
Link Posted: 8/27/2014 1:52:22 PM EDT
[#10]
I bought a green one two years ago. I hit it with a can of scotch guard for a little extra protection, it's been a great jacket.
Link Posted: 8/28/2014 11:49:57 AM EDT
[#11]
I grabbed one yesterday and it will be nice for fall..
Link Posted: 8/28/2014 11:55:20 AM EDT
[#12]

Quoted:

I bought one this year as well, still have one I bought a few years back. It's been pretty damn nice, weather proof enough for day to day stuff up here in the rainy NW. My outdoor jackets consist of northface and OR for hiking/backpacking trips.

But you can't beat the Costco jacket for $20.

I also picked up a syn down vest for about the same price.
View Quote

I'll have to check the price, but my local Grocery Outlet has a rack full of ladies Kirkland softshells for sale.
Link Posted: 8/28/2014 11:55:48 AM EDT
[#13]
I want a couple but the nearest Costco is 90 miles away from home. I cant see them online, can you see them online as a member. I would pay for and shipping and give ammo/mag for tip if I cant order myself.
Link Posted: 8/28/2014 1:07:01 PM EDT
[#14]
Link Posted: 8/28/2014 1:09:11 PM EDT
[#15]

Quoted:

They look fine.  Too bad I'm not a member.

figured out a work-around for the membership thing, thanks to a previous gift card.

So, the ad copy says athletic fit.  I assume one size up for non-athletic types.  How is the sleeve length?  I need it on the longish side.
View Quote
I believe you don't have to be a member to buy online unless it specificly says "Costco member deal only". I just posted the link in the post above this.

Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top