Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 8/4/2014 7:29:45 AM EDT
This product turned out to be much more than I was expecting for the price.  It is a two-position solar-powered LED mated to an inflatable diffuser.  It's only 3oz, folds up to the size of a cell phone, and will hold at least an 80% charge for two months if packed away out of the light.

The heat-welded TPU is abrasion and chemical resistant and is easy to repair with any non-porous tape.  I punted this thing multiple times right into low branches and trees, and there was no visible damage at all.

Inflated, the luminAID floats, and deflated, it's water resistant to 1m of submersion.  The solar array is efficient enough to give a charge even during rain showers, and a convenient red LED on the front lets you know how fast the battery is being charged.

I love finding products like this, and I bet this is going to become really popular once more people find out about it.  I was able to get them to add a "twangnbang" discount code to get 10% off your order.  This will bring your unit price under $18.

Link Posted: 8/4/2014 11:10:34 AM EDT
[#1]
Nice review.
Looks like something that would be good to throw in a kayak or ghb.
Link Posted: 8/5/2014 4:09:10 PM EDT
[#2]
Watched your video of it last night and ordered one.  Should work well for caribou hunting later in September once it actually starts getting dark up here.  Thanks for the heads up!
Link Posted: 8/7/2014 9:14:21 AM EDT
[#3]
I already ordered a bunch more, and I'm going to do some testing with them as fish attractant lights.  I noticed the fish in my pond circling the light when I was shooting the opening clip.  When I mentioned this to the manufacturer, they said people do use them as fish lights.

That's just one more potential use on an ordinary day, but could be a really useful tool for SHTF/survival.
Link Posted: 8/23/2014 1:47:57 AM EDT
[#4]
Sold American! or should that be sold Japanese? Anyway I got 3 of them. Thanks for working the discount!
Link Posted: 8/29/2014 3:45:47 AM EDT
[#5]
Got 'em. Love 'em. They do everything claimed and more. My teeth are actually two shades whiter since buying them.
Link Posted: 9/1/2014 6:05:52 PM EDT
[#6]
Good find!

They're definitely going to be stocking stuffers this Christmas.
Link Posted: 9/4/2014 3:41:49 AM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:

This product turned out to be much more than I was expecting for the price.  It is a two-position solar-powered LED mated to an inflatable diffuser.  It's only 3oz, folds up to the size of a cell phone, and will hold at least an 80% charge for two months if packed away out of the light.

The heat-welded TPU is abrasion and chemical resistant and is easy to repair with any non-porous tape.  I punted this thing multiple times right into low branches and trees, and there was no visible damage at all.

Inflated, the luminAID floats, and deflated, it's water resistant to 1m of submersion.  The solar array is efficient enough to give a charge even during rain showers, and a convenient red LED on the front lets you know how fast the battery is being charged.

I love finding products like this, and I bet this is going to become really popular once more people find out about it.  I was able to get them to add a "twangnbang" discount code to get 10% off your order.  This will bring your unit price under $18.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=avuOLRLg-RA
View Quote

Link Posted: 9/5/2014 12:03:06 PM EDT
[#8]
I've got to get a couple of these....
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top