Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 7/16/2014 10:03:22 PM EDT
How do you carry your folding Solar Panel(s) in a bug out situtation? I have an instapark and ReVive Folding panels that work well for me but am concerned about damage to them from just dropping them into my pack.
So how do you protect your panel while bugging out?

Thanks
Link Posted: 7/17/2014 4:50:22 AM EDT
[#1]
While this is not a bug out I actually carry and use my pannels often. I have a anker 16w, insta 10 and gz 7 that I carry in my maxpedition jumbo versa. I use then to run usb powered fans that I attach to my sons stroller. Its hot here in FL and we live near disney so we hsve passes and go often. So I keep my lil guy cool while all the other kids get heat stroke along with their unprepared parents. But no damage yet from 18mos of storage, use and almost daily carry of that rig. Just keep the pannel free of dust
Link Posted: 7/17/2014 12:04:44 PM EDT
[#2]
Thank you! Your reply means a lot as you put your panel to use, guess I will quit worrying and just use them! BTW major man points for being such an innovating and caring Dad!
Thanks!
Link Posted: 7/17/2014 2:47:37 PM EDT
[#3]
Link Posted: 7/17/2014 3:46:14 PM EDT
[#4]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History

I really like that!

Thanks
Link Posted: 7/19/2014 11:11:19 AM EDT
[#5]
I just keep mine in a zippered pocket inside the main compartment of my BOB. It's flexible/foldable so it doesn't have issues with being stuffed in a pack-you just don't want to crease it.

Link Posted: 7/21/2014 12:37:11 PM EDT
[#6]
My buddy hooks his goal zero panel to his back pack, recharging the battery pack, while hiking.  He usually puts it in the top of his pack when not in use.  I think the padded laptop/tablet sleeve would work well.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top