User Panel

Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Link Posted: 8/3/2014 10:34:04 PM EDT
[#1]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Surefire Saint.

Not a fanboy, I am well aware of the junk that Surefire makes. But the headlight is something they really got right.
View Quote

Had a minimus, but lost it.
Link Posted: 8/7/2014 5:12:05 PM EDT
[#2]
I still use a 12 year old Rayovac 3 in one headlamp.

I hate it cause it uses AAA batteries when everything else I've standardized to AA. However, the thing just won't die and I even have a second one I bought as a backup. The thing has held up great for $12 lamp and I'll just keep using it until it dies, if it ever does.
Link Posted: 8/26/2014 7:38:55 PM EDT
[#3]
Sidewinder Compact
Link Posted: 8/26/2014 9:13:04 PM EDT
[#4]
Here's one hardcore site's 'extensive' test on a lot of common headlights:

Seems like Black Diamond fares pretty well.

Headlight review

Chris
Link Posted: 8/29/2014 4:16:41 AM EDT
[#5]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Here's one hardcore site's 'extensive' test on a lot of common headlights:

Seems like Black Diamond fares pretty well.

Headlight review

Chris
View Quote

I have the Black Diamond Icon.  It's a great light.  Super bright with an awesome run time.  I've taken it on several camping/climbing trips on the same batteries.  I didn't even need the set I brought when I climbed Kilimanjaro earlier this year.  That was about a 7-8 hour run in negative temps.  Love it!
Link Posted: 8/29/2014 6:49:25 AM EDT
[#6]
Cabelas brand typically on sale $19.99. Works great
Link Posted: 9/4/2014 9:43:42 PM EDT
[#7]
I have 2 Black Diamond Storm 100's.  They are VERY good lights.  Batteries last a long time.  I keep one as a backup headlamp in my 24 hour pack for Search and Rescue work.  They use 3 AAA batteries.  I also have the Petzl Tikka 2 and it performs very good.  Light and comfortable for a headlamp.  They also mount to a helmet if needed.
Link Posted: 9/10/2014 12:13:23 PM EDT
[#8]
I use the Coast HL7 and HL8. Both will focus to a good spot or flood. Fenix has one that has @900 lumens now!
Link Posted: 9/10/2014 12:30:15 PM EDT
[#9]
Older Petzl Tikka XP
Changed out the emitter star with a Cree emitter star.  
Higher lumens same power consumption.
Link Posted: 9/10/2014 2:55:51 PM EDT
[#10]
I have a Coast rechargable headlamp and it has a dimmer switch so you can go low light.
Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top