Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 4/20/2014 7:53:03 PM EDT
Not sure if this is the right place so mods feel free to move. But looking for high quality belts (and lesser degree wallets) that will last at reasonable prices. I don't mind paying more for getting more but prefer reasonable prices. So where is your go to place for leather?
Link Posted: 4/20/2014 8:36:50 PM EDT
[#1]
For belts I have to recommend Gene Nawrocki. He does custom belts by hand to your order and makes a GREAT carry belt too. In the 50-70 dollar range. I met him at the Portland street market, but he's supposedly getting a web page going soon. I get my new saddle leather carry belt in from him later this week, if you're interested I'll post pics of it when it arrives. The man is good at his craft and does gun shows across the west too.

ETA: He won't nickle and dime you on customization either. For this specific belt he attached the buckle with rivets rather than snaps at no extra cost and even threw in some extra leather loops for free. Great guy.
Link Posted: 4/20/2014 8:41:14 PM EDT
[#2]
Not sure about wallets, but Mernickle Holsters makes excellent belts and other leather goods in addition to their solid holsters.

http://www.mernickleholsters.com/
Link Posted: 4/20/2014 9:10:43 PM EDT
[#3]
Not leather, but for a wallet I have been using the Spec Ops THE Wallet JR and really love the design and durability this thing. it is a little larger than the average wallet however so if you have small pockets it can be hard to get in and out.

http://www.specopsbrand.com/t-h-e-wallet-j-r.html
Link Posted: 4/20/2014 9:59:47 PM EDT
[#4]
Although they don't make belts, Saddleback Leather makes some very rugged wallets for decent prices.
Link Posted: 4/21/2014 12:40:26 AM EDT
[#5]
The best leather wallet I've ever owned and I've had a bunch of them over the years, is my current COACH calfskin double billfold version.  Not cheap, but after a good 3-4 years, it looks better than it did out of the box, which is exactly what they stated it would do.

Chris
Link Posted: 4/21/2014 9:45:05 AM EDT
[#6]
I'm looking for a leather money belt that I can stow a bow/buck saw blade in.
Link Posted: 4/21/2014 9:50:50 AM EDT
[#7]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Although they don't make belts, Saddleback Leather makes some very rugged wallets for decent prices.
View Quote

They make belts.  I have maybe a half dozen of their Tow belts.
Link Posted: 4/21/2014 1:26:34 PM EDT
[#8]
I am back to saying to run a search, but part of this is because there are a lot of good leather makers out there and this site has several areas that get threads on it.  The pistol section should have some stuff about carry belts and I know general discussion has had threads on them.

Some of the small time guys are on amazon, read the reviews and see what you think.  Due to a time crunch I ordered a thick heavy duty 2 inch wide belt with one of the 2 hole setups for the belt buckle, most belts use 1 hole for the belt buckle pin and this one has 2.  When he said 2 inches, it was 2 inches.  Not 1 and 7/8s like most folks.  Heavy duty leather for one nice thick belt instead of some cheap leather stitched to more cheap leather to make a belt.  Now some places add a stiffener in between layers and if done right I could be happy with this.  

But wanted one big heavy duty belt for work, got it.

When not in a time crunch I use a local guy.  It is more of a hobby for him but he does a heck of a good job.  He made his first holster and speed loader holder when I asked him to make them along with a belt and it took a bit for him to make something he was happy with.  I love em.  He asked lots of questions and since it is for playing around outside on the 4 wheeler and what not he went with oil based dye instead of water based since it should hold up better to the expected use.

Now some of the stuff above is very nice stuff and gets mentioned in about every thread.

I like local if I have the time to wait.

I tried out the fella on amazon when time was not there to wait and his reviews said he backed up what he advertised and I agree.

Link Posted: 4/21/2014 3:53:29 PM EDT
[#9]
While it's mass-produced, I have a Dickeys leather wallet on a chain. It's held up well for about 2 years now. Very little wear and tear. Just replaced the chain with an aftermarket 24" one when I got it, since the chain that came with it was too short and looked weak.

My leather belt is a Crossbreed one that I picked up when I got my holster. Works well enough, though it does squeak. Trying to find a nylon belt of suitable length to replace it with.
Link Posted: 4/21/2014 8:35:36 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Thanks for setting me straight - Here's a link to their belts.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top