Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 4/10/2014 7:09:25 AM EDT
More specifically the mystery ranch one.

http://www.mysteryranch.com/military/internal-frame-packs/carson-mountain-ruck-pack

What is the difference between this one and a normal pack? Anything to prohibit the use of this pack for normal weather use?
Link Posted: 4/10/2014 10:50:46 AM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 4/10/2014 8:57:38 PM EDT
[#2]
I'm partial to the internal frame packs. They feel much more comfortable than packs you have to buy separate frames for.
Link Posted: 4/11/2014 3:37:43 AM EDT
[#3]
That Y zipper just looks like a blowout waiting to happen.
Link Posted: 4/11/2014 3:30:42 PM EDT
[#4]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
That Y zipper just looks like a blowout waiting to happen.
View Quote

The Mystery Ranch Tri-Zip design has been well vetted for a number of years. You'll break before that pack does.
Link Posted: 4/11/2014 4:11:29 PM EDT
[#5]
Link Posted: 4/15/2014 8:10:16 PM EDT
[#6]
Internal frame pack for any use, any time, anywhere?

Kifaru.  Buy once, cry once.  My MMR could haul my own bodyweight (190lbs) as long as my legs held up.  I've owned many of their packs, I edc their Tailgunner I, and wholly recommend them to anyone who needs a nigh on indestructible pack.

Oh, and they are amazingly comfy.
Link Posted: 4/17/2014 6:40:33 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:

Kifaru.  Buy once, cry once.  My MMR could haul my own bodyweight (190lbs) as long as my legs held up.  I've owned many of their packs, I edc their Tailgunner I, and wholly recommend them to anyone who needs a nigh on indestructible pack.

View Quote

ok so Kifaru's ARE internal frame only? I kept looking at their stuff and my impression was always that you had to buy a separate frame for their large packs.
Link Posted: 4/17/2014 9:19:45 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:

ok so Kifaru's ARE internal frame only? I kept looking at their stuff and my impression was always that you had to buy a separate frame for their large packs.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

the frame is detachable.  one frame works for all of their bags
Link Posted: 4/17/2014 10:02:12 PM EDT
[#9]
Ok let me get this straight, so if I order a kifaru backpack, it WILL come with a frame but there's other frames that are also available for sale on their site? Because if I get the complete kit I don't mind throwing down $500 on their EMR II or similar pack. But $700 to $800 is a little out of my price range hence why I was looking at eberlestock as well.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top