Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 3/30/2014 5:13:35 PM EDT
I have been looking for a pair of boots.
Like the ones I had a few years back.
They where Rocky. I found a Rockys that is very similar.
They are Rocky Outback (Gore-Tex) water-proof boot.
The best price I could fine was $145.00 to $165.00.
So does the HIVE know where I can get Rockys Outback
a the better price?
I'm in Ohio, there was an out-let store down by Athens,
not sure if it still there!
A little help to save some money!!!

Thanks!!!

PITA45
Link Posted: 3/30/2014 5:17:21 PM EDT
[#1]
Go to there web site they had 20% off yesterday and a good sale section free shipping both ways if they don't fit
Link Posted: 3/31/2014 3:35:37 PM EDT
[#2]
Thanks I did call Rockys the sale is over.
Thought I may make a run to their Outlet store.
Maybe fine the boots I want  at a good price.
If not there is always the Boot Factory Grill
and there famous Home of the Bison Burger!!!

If anyone see another sale on Rocky's Boots. Post it please!!!
Thanks!!!

PITA45
Link Posted: 4/7/2014 6:34:09 PM EDT
[#3]
I never had much luck with Rockys.  I'd get a set of Bellevilles.

Posted Via AR15.Com Mobile
Link Posted: 4/8/2014 11:10:38 AM EDT
[#4]
Don't buy Rocky boots!  The soles fall apart in a few years even if you don't wear them.  I've had 3 pairs and the soles just disintegrate. I saw them on sale and bought 3 pairs.  The last pair I wore 3 times before the sole started to come apart.   Do a google search for Rocky boots and sole.
Link Posted: 4/18/2014 12:36:08 AM EDT
[#5]
I've got two pairs of Rocky boots that have been through hell and back more times than I can count without a single problem.  Granted they are about 15 years old now and their quality may have changed since then but my experience with Rocky has always been positive.  I really hope they haven't gone to sh!t, there's a pair of Rocky snake boots I've been wanting.
Link Posted: 4/21/2014 1:30:10 PM EDT
[#6]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Don't buy Rocky boots!  The soles fall apart in a few years even if you don't wear them.  I've had 3 pairs and the soles just disintegrate. I saw them on sale and bought 3 pairs.  The last pair I wore 3 times before the sole started to come apart.   Do a google search for Rocky boots and sole.
View Quote

There is a huge difference between their military boots and their hunting/hiking boots.
Link Posted: 4/21/2014 5:30:11 PM EDT
[#7]
I've been wearing and abusing a pair of rock boots for three years. No problems with them at all.
Link Posted: 4/21/2014 8:46:11 PM EDT
[#8]
Rockys, Danners, Bates, New Balance/ OTB, they all make decent boots IMO.  Some are better then others but I have had good luck and results with all the brands I listed.  My two favorites are probably Danner and Rocky if I had to pick.  Sorry OP can't help ya on price but I always had good luck with LAPolicegear and Cabelas with sales and coupon codes.  Never really went hunting for a specific model though so YMMV.
Link Posted: 4/22/2014 6:22:13 AM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
View Quote

Same here.  The last pair had the "rubber" bottoms and were still like new but the whole toe section broke off!  Both boots!

The very worst part is the Rocky warranty.  After a year they don't want to talk to you, period!
Link Posted: 4/22/2014 11:40:06 AM EDT
[#10]
The Rocky's I wore in Afghanstan last year were the best boots I've ever owned in my 25 year military career.  Comfortable, durable, nice.  OP, sometimes Rocky's website has sales.
Link Posted: 4/22/2014 7:42:45 PM EDT
[#11]
Thanks again to all who responded.
I had a pair of Rockys Boots that I wore out
after abuse and 20 plus years of wear and tear.
They have holes in them. But the last time I wore
them, They gave me little support, But they kept my
feet dry!!!(Did not go in deep water, but it was wet out!)
wag_bag You said:
There is a huge difference between their military boots and their hunting/hiking boots.
Can you explain the difference?

Thanks!

PITA45
Link Posted: 4/23/2014 3:03:26 AM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:
Thanks again to all who responded.
I had a pair of Rockys Boots that I wore out
after abuse and 20 plus years of wear and tear.
They have holes in them. But the last time I wore
them, They gave me little support, But they kept my
feet dry!!!(Did not go in deep water, but it was wet out!)
wag_bag You said:
Can you explain the difference?

Thanks!

PITA45
View Quote

The most notable difference is the S2V and it's construction. With a sewn on sole, it's meant to be more durable. The C4 trainer is a light weight training boot, and while good for it's intended use, the glued on sole will eventually separate from the boot like the hunting boots.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top