Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 3/10/2014 10:26:19 AM EDT
Has anyone ever seen these before? I was in a military surplus store the other day looking for an Alice Pack when I cam across this. It appears to be a new production Alice pack. It had the same configuration as the old medium alice packs, just a bit updated. Instead of the those finicky metal cinch straps it has plastic buckles. The whole back seem to be water replant unlike the old ones where just the top was. The material seems to be cordura not sure what denier though. I took a chance a bought it, but there are no brand markings anywhere on the thing. Has anyone ever seen one of these before? I have not been able to find any info on the bag at all.

Link 1

Link 2
Link Posted: 3/10/2014 12:00:25 PM EDT
[#1]
Link broken unable to see pics
Link Posted: 3/10/2014 12:01:57 PM EDT
[#2]
Tactical Tailor makes new production MALICE packs with updated features.
Link Posted: 3/10/2014 12:16:56 PM EDT
[#3]
Link Posted: 3/10/2014 12:43:34 PM EDT
[#4]
hmm I'm not sure why the links are not working, they are still uploaded to my drive account. if you click on the download link on the top left the image will work when its downloaded. Does Ar15.com not have an upload photo option on new threads?

Anyway there is a brand on the buckles, but it is only the manufacturer of the buckles themselves not the whole bag. Im at work and cant remember the name but I looked up the company the other day, they are based out of Tennessee and manufacture different types of buckles and fasteners.

I would normally guess that it would be inferior quality being knockoff of the military issue, but when i inspected it really does seem well made, and the stitching looks very good as well.
Link Posted: 3/10/2014 1:35:52 PM EDT
[#5]
Link Posted: 3/10/2014 1:41:07 PM EDT
[#6]
Links working fine for me.  And looks pretty good.  Do you have any specs? Most notably what it weighs?  What did you pay for it?  What kind of frame does it have?  Thanks!
Link Posted: 3/10/2014 1:50:46 PM EDT
[#7]
Ok, I was wondering what that Velcro slit was on the top flap, that's interesting. And yes the internal pouch was a bit different than the regular Alice, it had more of an opening at the bottom. I'll take a pic of the inside when i get homm There were also some other buckles inside the pack that i don't know what they are for. You mentioned the grommets, the metal has a nice rubberized finish that i find pretty nice.

I paid $45 for the back, I have a regular Alice frame in the mail should be here in the next couple of days. I will weight it when i get home and see home much it weighs. I know this may be hard to believe but it felt much more durable and heavy duty than the regular Alice packs i have come across.
Link Posted: 3/11/2014 4:57:01 PM EDT
[#8]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
OK, finally got the links to download.  It looks like a pink copy of a variant of the ALICE pack commonly referred to as a USMC radio case.  The small rectangular velcroed flap on the rear side of the top flap tells me this.  The radio harness inside is also larger/different than that found on standard ALICE pack, and it has padding on the entire ventral side of the pack.  The grommets on the wide nylon straps on the side of the pack are much larger than the usual grommets used for attachment of WWII-VN hook style attachments.  Some packs, like the one linked below, do not have the grommets at all.

Some pix of a Woodland camo version:http://libertytreeblogs.blogspot.com/

The USMC comes up with all sorts of unusual field gear, so it's possible that this pack is a variant built for use in the Gulf area, and never issued.  If it actually is USMC, it is the first one I've seen in this color, and possibly a collectible.  Might be worth a little money to the right collector.
View Quote

I have the exact pack pictured in the link above, and I love it. I'm no expert, but from what I have been told these packs were designed for airborne radio operators. The slit is for the radio antenna, I use mine for the tube on a water bladder I place in the large pocket inside designed for the radio. If you look at the metal buckle that is used on the main flap there should be an A embossed on it, supposedly for airborne. The vast majority of these were never issued and usually are found in mint condition. The one I purchased was still in the plastic bag when it arrived with the plastic map pocket clear as a bell. I did the Hellcat mod on this bad boy and it has served me well. It has since been relegated to my 3 day or less bag, or my wife's BOB, and I have "upgraded" to the MOLLE II rifleman's ruck, which I also love. USGI ALICE is one bad bitch and will last years if you take care of her, especially if you can get your hands on one of these unissued puppies. I have put hundreds of miles on mine in the course of dozens of hikes and overnighters.

I think the one you picked up may be a civilian knockoff or foreign import and I don't know much about it.
Link Posted: 4/2/2014 8:12:17 PM EDT
[#9]
That sounds about right, although the buckles that secure the top flap are plastic buckles and not metal. Like you said it may be a civilian knockoff. I also did the helicat mod to mine as well.

Click here
Link Posted: 4/4/2014 10:13:12 AM EDT
[#10]
Nice kit... what kind of tomahawk is that?
Link Posted: 4/4/2014 5:58:01 PM EDT
[#11]
OP I'm curious as to how well with this pack hold up so please keep us at arfcom posted.  I haven't seen this pack but that don't mean nothing.  I will say I have a large Alice pack with frame I bought new quite a few years ago and it has taken everything I've thrown at it to include some hard core hiking trips into the mountains.  Edited for spelling.
Link Posted: 4/11/2014 10:41:40 AM EDT
[#12]
Link Posted: 4/17/2014 5:55:47 AM EDT
[#13]

Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

Here's some for sale in Woodland. http://www.unclesamsretailoutlet.com/Genuine-US-Military-Electronic-Communications-Bac-p/1562.htm

Disclaimer: no financial interest.
View Quote

Site staff fail at hotlinking - film at 11!

http://www.unclesamsretailoutlet.com/Genuine-US-Military-Electronic-Communications-Bac-p/1562.htm
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top