Site Notices
11/20/2014 4:05:39 PM
Author
Leader of the Mongrel Horde
Posted: 6/26/2012 4:40:03 PM EST
Discussed here many times has lots of good stuff available right now.

Link just a heads up
SteelonSteel
Just some schmuck with a computer.
Link To This Post
Posted: 6/26/2012 5:09:51 PM EST
[Last Edit: 6/26/2012 6:14:50 PM EST by SteelonSteel]
I always get run off by their shipping fees.

ETA- I shopped a bit and threw some items in the shopping cart and tried to use their shipping estimater with my zip. Nope, it won't do it, go forward to checkout, put in whole address and it locks up. IIRC last time I went to order a 4 pc sleeping bag set they wanted almost $50 for shipping.
Originally Posted By TheOtherDave:

'Cause skinny chicks are like laying on a pile of coat hangers....

NYSRPA Life Member, NRA Life Member
medicmandan
NRA
Link To This Post
Posted: 6/26/2012 6:35:41 PM EST
They're shipping fees are kind of high. I bought three poncho liners for $23/each and the shipping came to $20.
To Be One, Ask One!
www.wasatchlodge.org
Have questions about the Freemasons? IM/E-mail me!

"it's always nice to have an option that doesn't involve needles or rectums." Bed_Head
blt-2-drg
Link To This Post
Posted: 6/26/2012 8:14:53 PM EST
Another complaint about shipping here.

I've ordered twice before, but got a few buddies in on the deal for some stuff so we split shipping. Last time i wanted a few things for myself estimated shipping was $16 for $20 worth of small pouches. Needless to say i passed on them and bought elsewhere.
MFS1589
Link To This Post
Posted: 6/27/2012 2:02:57 AM EST
As stated, their shipping fees blow compared to other retailers.
bgenlvtex
Link To This Post
Posted: 6/27/2012 2:02:59 AM EST
I bought 18 miscellaneous small items none wieghing more than 1.9lbs and shipping for the entire order was $15 and change, not unreasonable divided among the entire order. I have shopped their stuff many times but never ordered as they simply didn't have enough of anything to be worth ordering.

This time I found quite a few useful items, that cumulatively made the order worthwhile. I am certain that they are using a standard UPS or Fed Ex non negotiated shipping rate and thus the somewhat expensive shipping.

This kind of like the Botach deal I posted the other day comes under the "while things may not be optimal it is worth posting" clause. YMMV.
SteelonSteel
Just some schmuck with a computer.
Link To This Post
Posted: 6/27/2012 3:40:25 AM EST
There were some good things listed there when I shopped last night for sure but based on the last time, I was sure as heck not going to authorize a purchase with shipping to be determined after.

I think if the item is bulky they really slam you. Not sure how the calculate.

Some good hand tools available if you need that kind of thing. One thing to watch on the tools is if it's new or used especially if it's electrical or rechargeable battery powered.

OP, I didn't mean to stomp your post but just wanted to caution about the shipping making a good deal expensive.
Originally Posted By TheOtherDave:

'Cause skinny chicks are like laying on a pile of coat hangers....

NYSRPA Life Member, NRA Life Member
ThunderThighsThree
Link To This Post
Posted: 6/27/2012 6:54:26 AM EST
I ordered several pairs of boots last year and the shipping was reasonable for the size and weight.
R2point0
"Member" (Beavis and Butthead style)
Link To This Post
Posted: 6/27/2012 7:42:29 AM EST
One thing to keep in mind is that this is the retail arm of GovLiquidation, the people who run all the surplus auctions. They ship from multiple locations, so the shipping bill is very dependent on the origination point. If you buy multiple items and they ship from different locations you will get hit with the "first item" shipping price for each location. But if you buy multiple from the same location the shipping starts to get reasonable.
"As God is my witness, I though turkeys could fly." A. Carlson
Aggie_Gunner
Evil Oil Executive
Link To This Post
Posted: 6/27/2012 9:47:40 AM EST
Originally Posted By R2point0:
One thing to keep in mind is that this is the retail arm of GovLiquidation, the people who run all the surplus auctions. They ship from multiple locations, so the shipping bill is very dependent on the origination point. If you buy multiple items and they ship from different locations you will get hit with the "first item" shipping price for each location. But if you buy multiple from the same location the shipping starts to get reasonable.

+1
I have a compulsion for firearms, martial arts, and explosives; other than that I'm pretty non-violent...

Smart as a horse, and hung like Einstein...
bgenlvtex
Link To This Post
Posted: 6/28/2012 2:30:47 AM EST
Originally Posted By R2point0:

I placed my order Monday night shortly before posting this thread. I got order confirmation and two tracking numbers yesterday, with 2 different delivery dates so I would assume they are shipping from 2 different locations. I ordered 18 items, freight was $15.35 which is to me not at all unreasonable particularly if the order is coming from 2 locations.

The website is not very well layed out and you have to just basically search each individual sub category, but there are some very good deals there.

orpheus762x51
Link To This Post
Posted: 6/28/2012 3:06:44 AM EST
I haven't really been slammed by their shipping before...

One thing I did notice though; if you need some cold weather gear, now's the time to buy it. It seems like their prices on that stuff, as with many retailers, drops in the summer time.
Spectre210
Link To This Post
Posted: 6/28/2012 5:32:18 AM EST
Originally Posted By orpheus762x51:
I haven't really been slammed by their shipping before...

One thing I did notice though; if you need some cold weather gear, now's the time to buy it. It seems like their prices on that stuff, as with many retailers, drops in the summer time.

Ditto. They have excellent deals on new fleece bibs right now.

The_Beer_Slayer
Combat Moderator
Link To This Post
Posted: 6/28/2012 6:32:51 AM EST
Originally Posted By SteelonSteel:
I always get run off by their shipping fees.

ETA- I shopped a bit and threw some items in the shopping cart and tried to use their shipping estimater with my zip. Nope, it won't do it, go forward to checkout, put in whole address and it locks up. IIRC last time I went to order a 4 pc sleeping bag set they wanted almost $50 for shipping.

this if your making a large order the prices are good. for just a couple of things you can get the stuff new at other vendors cheaper after including shipping rates. i just went through that with some hydration carriers. i saved almost 30.00 ordering them off amazon vs their price +shipping.
The purpose of fighting is to win. There is no possible victory in
defense. The sword is more important than the shield, and skill is more
important than either. The final weapon is the brain. All else is
supplemental.
R2point0
"Member" (Beavis and Butthead style)
Link To This Post
Posted: 6/28/2012 6:42:06 AM EST
Their pricing runs hot and cold. There are some excellent deals, often undercutting other surplus outlets by substantial amounts. Other times they ask ridiculous prices. There doesn't seem to be any rhyme or reason; sometimes I think they just take a percentage of the original procurement cost and throw it out there.
"As God is my witness, I though turkeys could fly." A. Carlson
Colt_sporter
Carrot Military Service
Link To This Post
Posted: 7/1/2012 6:28:30 PM EST
I've had good luck with their fired brass.
"Cimbing the ladder of excellence? No, I'm more like stumbling on the stepstool of mediocracy..."
2012 or not...it's coming.
spankybear
Link To This Post
Posted: 7/1/2012 6:36:55 PM EST
Originally Posted By Colt_sporter:
I've had good luck with their fired brass.

Cause they had free shipping on that./..

Other than that

Shipping WAY too much