Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 6/26/2012 5:40:03 PM EDT
Discussed here many times has lots of good stuff available right now.

Link  just a heads up
Link Posted: 6/26/2012 6:09:51 PM EDT
[#1]
I always get run off by their shipping fees.

ETA- I shopped a bit and threw some items in the shopping cart and tried to use their shipping estimater with my zip.  Nope, it won't do it,  go forward to checkout, put in whole address and it locks up.  IIRC last time I went to order a 4 pc sleeping bag set they wanted almost $50 for shipping.
Link Posted: 6/26/2012 7:35:41 PM EDT
[#2]
Link Posted: 6/26/2012 9:14:53 PM EDT
[#3]
Another complaint about shipping here.

I've ordered twice before, but got a few buddies in on the deal for some stuff so we split shipping. Last time i wanted a few things for myself estimated shipping was $16 for $20 worth of small pouches. Needless to say i passed on them and bought elsewhere.
Link Posted: 6/27/2012 3:02:57 AM EDT
[#4]
As stated, their shipping fees blow compared to other retailers.
Link Posted: 6/27/2012 3:02:59 AM EDT
[#5]
I bought 18 miscellaneous small items none wieghing more than 1.9lbs and shipping for the entire order was $15 and change, not unreasonable divided among the entire order. I have shopped their stuff many times but never ordered as they simply didn't have enough of anything to be worth ordering.

This time I found quite a few useful items, that cumulatively made the order worthwhile. I am certain that they are using a standard UPS or Fed Ex non negotiated shipping rate and thus the somewhat expensive shipping.

This kind of like the Botach deal I posted the other day comes under the "while things may not be optimal it is worth posting" clause. YMMV.
Link Posted: 6/27/2012 4:40:25 AM EDT
[#6]
There were some good things listed there when I shopped last night for sure but based on the last time, I was sure as heck not going to authorize a purchase with shipping to be determined after.  

I think if the item is bulky they really slam you.  Not sure how the calculate.  

Some good hand tools available if you need that kind of thing.  One thing to watch on the tools is if it's new or used especially if it's electrical or rechargeable battery powered.

OP, I didn't mean to stomp your post but just wanted to caution about the shipping making a good deal expensive.
Link Posted: 6/27/2012 7:54:26 AM EDT
[#7]
I ordered several pairs of boots last year and the shipping was reasonable for the size and weight.
Link Posted: 6/27/2012 8:42:29 AM EDT
[#8]
One thing to keep in mind is that this is the retail arm of GovLiquidation, the people who run all the surplus auctions.  They ship from multiple locations, so the shipping bill is very dependent on the origination point.  If you buy multiple items and they ship from different locations you will get hit with the "first item" shipping price for each location.  But if you buy multiple from the same location the shipping starts to get reasonable.
Link Posted: 6/27/2012 10:47:40 AM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
One thing to keep in mind is that this is the retail arm of GovLiquidation, the people who run all the surplus auctions.  They ship from multiple locations, so the shipping bill is very dependent on the origination point.  If you buy multiple items and they ship from different locations you will get hit with the "first item" shipping price for each location.  But if you buy multiple from the same location the shipping starts to get reasonable.

+1
Link Posted: 6/28/2012 3:30:47 AM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:

I placed my order Monday night shortly before posting this thread. I got order confirmation and two tracking numbers yesterday, with 2 different delivery dates so I would assume they are shipping from 2 different locations. I ordered 18 items, freight was $15.35 which is to me not at all unreasonable particularly if the order is coming from 2 locations.

The website is not very well layed out and you have to just basically search each individual sub category, but there are some very good deals there.

Link Posted: 6/28/2012 4:06:44 AM EDT
[#11]
I haven't really been slammed by their shipping before...

One thing I did notice though; if you need some cold weather gear, now's the time to buy it.  It seems like their prices on that stuff, as with many retailers, drops in the summer time.
Link Posted: 6/28/2012 6:32:18 AM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:
I haven't really been slammed by their shipping before...

One thing I did notice though; if you need some cold weather gear, now's the time to buy it.  It seems like their prices on that stuff, as with many retailers, drops in the summer time.

Ditto. They have excellent deals on new fleece bibs right now.

Link Posted: 6/28/2012 7:32:51 AM EDT
[#13]
Link Posted: 6/28/2012 7:42:06 AM EDT
[#14]
Their pricing runs hot and cold.  There are some excellent deals, often undercutting other surplus outlets by substantial amounts.  Other times they ask ridiculous prices.  There doesn't seem to be any rhyme or reason; sometimes I think they just take a percentage of the original procurement cost and throw it out there.
Link Posted: 7/1/2012 7:28:30 PM EDT
[#15]
I've had good luck with their fired brass.
Link Posted: 7/1/2012 7:36:55 PM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:
I've had good luck with their fired brass.

Cause they had free shipping on that./..

Other than that

Shipping WAY too much
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top