Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 1/3/2012 12:19:59 PM EDT
Here's my stash of base-camp/emergency equipment. Several tent stoves, including my prize titanium Four Dogs. Outdoor, wood-fired "Benghazi boiler" water heaters/cookstoves. A couple military surplus aluminum storage boxes that open up to form tables and shelves. An assortment of Conibear traps. An insulated water container (found that one at the dump; it leaked badly, but all it took to fix it was an O-ring). A latrine bucket.

I keep a list of what I have, and go through it as I load my pickup for deer season or a Cub Scout camp or a canoe symposium. I'll do the same if I ever have to bug out for real. I can make a very comfortable semi-permanent camp with what's here, and it's all pretty much waterproof and bug proof while it's in my truck or in a tent.

Link Posted: 1/3/2012 12:44:46 PM EDT
[#1]
Sounds like a plan to me, looks like great equipment.
Link Posted: 1/3/2012 1:02:43 PM EDT
[#2]
Less sexy?  I'm aroused.
Link Posted: 1/4/2012 7:22:01 AM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:
Less sexy?  I'm aroused.

yep!
Link Posted: 1/4/2012 5:10:58 PM EDT
[#4]
There is nothing sexy about freezing to death or starving. I don't care how many cool guns you have you still need food and warmth. Your gear looks great to me right now and even better if I were out in the field.  I must admit I am a little envious.
Link Posted: 1/4/2012 5:20:30 PM EDT
[#5]
Core gear is the sexiest thing out there , what will you do with 100K of ammo in your ammo fort if you don't include food, shelter, warmth, and essential medical supplies in a storm, blizzard, or full out attack on the US????

Try explaining that to your toddler who is cold, thirsty, and belly rumbling because daddy had to have the latest wizz-bang toy out there when he could have spent the money more wisely on the essentials of REAL LIFE SURVIVAL!
Link Posted: 1/4/2012 6:40:52 PM EDT
[#6]
Yes, it's the same as when the cub scouts in my son's den ask me what they should put in their emergency survival tins and I say " the things that will kill you the quickest in an emergency are exposure, dehydration, injury...plan for them in that order. Looks like you have exposure covered for the home base. Good work. I have a wood stove installed here at the house, but would love to get a wood burning tent heater for on the move. Might have to try to make one of those ammo can stoves.
Link Posted: 1/10/2012 5:47:39 AM EDT
[#7]
BUMP to keep this thread alive.
Link Posted: 1/10/2012 5:47:54 AM EDT
[#8]
BUMP to keep this thread alive.
Link Posted: 1/12/2012 8:08:49 AM EDT
[#9]
Found a little portable wood tent stove on amazon for $70, gonna try it out next paycheck.  Should be good for a small canvas wall tent/improvised shelter.
Link Posted: 1/12/2012 10:35:28 AM EDT
[#10]
Ammo can stove?  Do tell.
Link Posted: 1/12/2012 11:55:30 AM EDT
[#11]
I am envious as well!!
Link Posted: 1/15/2012 12:00:49 AM EDT
[#12]
I googled ammo can stove and came up with the cool stuff.
Link Posted: 1/16/2012 10:31:59 PM EDT
[#13]
Since this is primarily a fireams board, this is way over-emphasizes on firearms, but there in a SHtF, guns are of of secondary importance.

The equipment you have is very important to everyone's survival.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top