BCM
User Panel

Page / 5
Link Posted: 7/31/2011 9:50:52 PM EDT
[#1]
Originally Posted By Echo2:
Originally Posted By ScubaTexas:
What tool do you use to cut  magnesium?

for that I would use a drill and a saw....kinda like working with aluminum....try not to catch it on fire though.

I've seen a magnesium aircraft rim set on fire in the desert as a marker....

It's really bright and odds are you don't have a extinguisher to put it out....

Seen this shit happen first hand, and you are right-you don't extinguish you jettison
I forget the temp it burns at but you know how hot a pile of the shavings get and that is probaly a gram or so...couple of ounces or lbs. would be a really really HOT fire
!!!
Link Posted: 7/31/2011 10:27:47 PM EDT
[#2]
Originally Posted By JoeRedman:
Originally Posted By Echo2:

for that I would use a drill and a saw....kinda like working with aluminum....try not to catch it on fire though.

I've seen a magnesium aircraft rim set on fire in the desert as a marker....

It's really bright and odds are you don't have a extinguisher to put it out....

Seen this shit happen first hand, and you are right-you don't extinguish you jettison
I forget the temp it burns at but you know how hot a pile of the shavings get and that is probaly a gram or so...couple of ounces or lbs. would be a really really HOT fire
!!!

But if you do catch it on fire you can have some fun sparying some water on it.
Link Posted: 8/1/2011 5:10:21 PM EDT
[#3]
Flame temperatures of magnesium and magnesium alloys can reach 3,100 °C (3,370 K; 5,610 °F),[7] although flame height above the burning metal is usually less than 300 mm (12 in).

from THIS LINK.
Link Posted: 8/8/2011 1:19:57 PM EDT
[#4]
Originally Posted By FrankSymptoms:
Flame temperatures of magnesium and magnesium alloys can reach 3,100 °C (3,370 K; 5,610 °F),[7] although flame height above the burning metal is usually less than 300 mm (12 in).

from THIS LINK.

That is freaking hot!

Link Posted: 8/24/2011 2:05:42 PM EDT
[#5]
found this little trick thru a Field and Stream article.

Pakc a couple magnetic sewing needles in you BOB.

If you break or lose your compass or don't have one... cup a green leaf in your hand and add a little water. Float the needle in the water and it should point north.

Here is a link to the article

http://www.fieldandstream.com/photos/gallery/survival/food/2006/08/make-survival-kit-out-altoids-tin-and-two-more-life-saving-diy-?photo=5#node-1000014438
Link Posted: 10/15/2011 2:52:09 AM EDT
[#6]

I used a drill, a hacksaw, and a file to make mine. I didn't shave off as much metal for mine, but it still opens bottles just fine.

I marked it out with a pencil, and made a drilled a small hole (1/16"). I drilled through it a few more times, with larger drill bits each time. I used a hacksaw to cut the corner off, and then made two additional cuts towards the hole with the same saw. The final shaping was done with a hand file. Avoid using large power tools like drill presses, band saws, and belt sanders. If you load one of those up with magnesium dust, and then the same tool is used to grind iron or steel, you will suddenly have a light source visible from space....
Link Posted: 10/16/2011 9:30:42 AM EDT
[#7]
One potentially useful item that I bough was a frog "gig" or spear from my local Wally World.  I think that I paid $.75 for it in the clearance bin.

Link Posted: 12/18/2011 4:26:47 PM EDT
[#8]
Originally Posted By MISTAREE:
Would shoe polish be a viable alternative fuel for a camp stove? Any thoughts?

I have used shoe polish to start fires but as an alternative fuel source no... but an excellent fire started mixed with a lil saw dust
Link Posted: 12/22/2011 12:20:42 PM EDT
[#9]
I modified my families Alice packs to carry more para cord so that we had enough on hand always. I took 50ft lengths and tied them in double Solomon bars, and just left the end undone. I tied that to some of the different buckles and straps. now I have some long hanging strips of para cord, and they won't snag or catch on things even if I'm moving through heavy brush. Also, I had my son teach me to crochet, since a crochet knot is just a slipknot. I used that to weave about a 2 inch strip of para cord into a belt.. all you have to do is to undo an end, and then pull.. and it will unravel. Super easy to get access to your cordage.
Link Posted: 1/1/2012 7:55:19 PM EDT
[#10]
Here is a sure fire way to get a tinder that will start just about any where -  cheap, can make in BULK, stores easily and easy to make.

Take hemp or jute rope and cut a section about 2 feet long ( any length will do).  Thick or hard twisted rope will be a little more difficult with which to work, but un-ravel the bundle of strands so that it looks like loose hair.  It will, in fact, come completely apart and frey to a blob.  Try to keep it in a strand.

Take canning wax from Walmart or similar store, melt it and mix with magneseium from sparklers (this is a simple process).  Keep the temp low, but the wax thin.  Dip the freyed rope in the wax and magnesium.  Remove it and allow it to dry.  Find a happy medium between thick and extra thin wax.  Will catch fire with a typical fire scraper, match, etc.

Experiment with the amount of hemp, wax and magnesium.  You will get an ideal mix after a couple or three tries.

This stuff will light and burn like crazy.  

By the way, this is far from an orignal idea - BUT A DAMN GOOD ONE!
Link Posted: 1/20/2012 2:50:53 PM EDT
[#11]
Link Posted: 3/11/2012 1:13:20 PM EDT
[#12]
Proceed to be chased by wild dogs!
Link Posted: 3/12/2012 11:39:52 PM EDT
[#13]
Originally Posted By KansanShooter:

If you break or lose your compass or don't have one... cup a green leaf in your hand and add a little water. Float the needle in the water and it should point north.

http://www.fieldandstream.com/photos/gallery/survival/food/2006/08/make-survival-kit-out-altoids-tin-and-two-more-life-saving-diy-?photo=5#node-1000014438

Just a reminder to folks though.  Magnetic north is ~23 degrees off of true north
Link Posted: 3/17/2012 10:07:23 AM EDT
[#14]
Originally Posted By NorthPolar:

Just a reminder to folks though.  Magnetic north is ~23 degrees off of true north

Actually, magnetic declination varies by location.  In some areas it is less than 10 degrees.  

It also varies in direction from True North and can be expressed as positive/negative; or East /West, respectively.

Link Posted: 3/17/2012 10:53:01 PM EDT
[#15]
Originally Posted By DevilDog0402:

Actually, magnetic declination varies by location.  In some areas it is less than 10 degrees.  

It also varies in direction from True North and can be expressed as positive/negative; or East /West, respectively.

Magnetic Declination Map for the Continental United States:

Link Posted: 3/24/2012 10:55:32 PM EDT
[#16]
This site has a ton of very small but helpful tips.

100 MPH (Duct Tape) uses

Cheap DIY stuff

Tips & Tricks
Link Posted: 3/25/2012 12:45:55 AM EDT
[#17]
Originally Posted By zspitfire04:
This site has a ton of very small but helpful tips.

100 MPH (Duct Tape) uses

Cheap DIY stuff

Tips & Tricks

Foot Friction
We've all heard of using foot powder and nylon socks, but here's a new one. Rub a thin layer of petroleum jelly onto your feet prior to putting on your socks or sock liners. The thin oily layer will help your foot slide around easier and reduce the friction on your foot.

"New?" It's at least as 'new' as World War I!

Great site, ZS!
Link Posted: 4/4/2012 5:56:45 PM EDT
[#18]
For magnesium shavings try engine shops and hot rod shops.

In high school my buddys brother had a crank shaft grinding/resurfacing shop. He always had magnesium shavings. We would get a small 3 or 4 inch box full of shavings and take it when we had bonfire parties in the riverbed. Toss in the fire and it took off big time.

The best bonfire starters were old haybales with plenty of camp gas.
Link Posted: 4/14/2012 3:33:40 PM EDT
[#19]
Didn't see this idea in this thread, but as a floating waterproof container, I use old plastic mayonnaise jars to put my pocket valuables in when I do things like river tubing.  Hasn't failed me yet...
Link Posted: 5/28/2012 10:27:38 AM EDT
[#20]
I am new to this and I don't know if this is the right forum to ask this question concerning the Hellcat pack system.

I have a large Alice pack and I am trying to attach the Molle shoulder straps and the attachment straps.  While referencing the photos that Enforcer posted, it shows the attachment strap being fed through a D clip on the pack.  I've examined my particular pack and cannot find the D ring.  The pack has an military item number of 8465-01-9-9103.

What, if any, is the solution to this situation.

Thanks for any help that can be provided.
Link Posted: 6/22/2012 7:06:50 AM EDT
[#21]
Originally Posted By boxcarbob:
I am new to this and I don't know if this is the right forum to ask this question concerning the Hellcat pack system.

I have a large Alice pack and I am trying to attach the Molle shoulder straps and the attachment straps.  While referencing the photos that Enforcer posted, it shows the attachment strap being fed through a D clip on the pack.  I've examined my particular pack and cannot find the D ring.  The pack has an military item number of 8465-01-9-9103.

What, if any, is the solution to this situation.

Thanks for any help that can be provided.

boxcarbob––- You posted in the right forum, but probably the wrong thread.  Your question would be a good  post in the Survival Gear forum.  This one is tacked for "Share your cheap yet potentially valuable tricks....".  This thread will get a few looks as a new post is added.  Probably not the best place for a pack question.  Welcome aboard and try it again.

Link Posted: 7/27/2012 9:45:27 PM EDT
[Last Edit: DiverDwn] [#22]
Originally Posted By jmurdock:
anyone ever made a rifle sling from 550 Para cord? It'll take roughly 50 feet of cord depeding on how long you want your sling, its simple to do just weave it. If you need the Para cord just unweave it.

I did. Here it is before I finished it by tying on one of those plastic knifey things. Pokey kind of poker thing. Whatever.

Link Posted: 7/28/2012 1:46:45 AM EDT
[Last Edit: DiverDwn] [#23]
Know what this is?

Sure you do. That's the indestructable bag your toner cartridge came in. It's plastic, so it cleans easily. It's full of air, so it is light. So what are you supposed to do with this? Stuff a towel in it and stick it in your camping gear. You always carry a towel when you travel. Just ask Arthur Dent.  But when it's night night time, pull the towel out, wrap it around the air bag and thank ol' DiverDwn that you have a pillow to sleep on in the wilderness.

PS: These are also great for transporting glass bottles (eg: a fifth of Wild Turkey 100 to a party) or fragile equipment (eg: long camera lenses). I save every one we get at the office.
Link Posted: 8/4/2012 3:52:48 PM EDT
[Last Edit: showpare] [#24]
Over the last several years as I started storing and rotating gas for the cars, generator, camp stove or lantern.  I treat this stored gas with Stabil brand snake-oil and carb cleaner.  Then rotate it every year.  Maybe over-kill, may not.  It’s cheap (psychological) insurance to make sure our strategic gas supply is ready when we need it.  So, we have managed to keep several empty 8 oz and 32 oz Stabil bottles.  When I went to using carb cleaner, I found that it was easier to measure the quantity needed by pouring it into the empty Stabil bottles.  Then, two months ago I was a little rushed to get out of the house and wished there was a quicker way to measure the carb cleaner and Stabil.  Well, I had three empty 8oz Stabil bottles and four 6 oz empty Gum-Out bottles.  Anyway, I used the smaller empty bottles to pre-mix the treatment in easy to use one-shot treatments.  The carb cleaner concentrate is 1.5 oz to five gals and the Stabil is 2 oz to 5 gals. So, those bottles get marked with a Sharpie marker with the amounts and the contents.  Here are some pix so I won’t have to write 3,796 more words.  

Link Posted: 8/4/2012 4:00:55 PM EDT
[Last Edit: WoodHeat] [#25]

ETA:  Nevermind.
Link Posted: 8/5/2012 7:09:35 PM EDT
[Last Edit: showpare] [#26]
Ima Maroon
Link Posted: 8/5/2012 11:00:23 PM EDT
[#27]

uhhh hahah, no, just no. its called declination and  doesn't work like that at all.
It varies significantly by location and shifts at different rates over time. Also declination includes a direction as well.

You can also magnetize a standard needle yourself while in the field with little effort. Rubbing the needle in ONE direction on a sheer fabric like silk or if not then against your hair a couple dozen times will pu a charge into the needle
Link Posted: 8/5/2012 11:04:19 PM EDT
[Last Edit: pwr2al4] [#28]
Originally Posted By DevilDog0402:

Magnetic Declination Map for the Continental United States:

http://lib.store.yahoo.net/lib/thecompassstore/decmap2004.jpg

Even this map would be no good as like I said earlier it is also  dependent on time even at a static location due to the ever shifting magnetic poles.

The standard method for determining declination for your AO is by going through NOAA prior to heading out.
here is the link: http://www.ngdc.noaa.gov/geomagmodels/Declination.jsp

you would need to mark this down somewhere obvioulsy.

Link Posted: 8/11/2012 11:02:44 PM EDT
[#29]
One evening while on a rather long hike I rummaged through my pack for my sure source of fire and found it in one of the side pockets, a shiny unused bic lighter. To my horror when I struck the lighter it would not start and after holding it over my flashlight I found that it was completely empty of fuel. Thankfully I had a second one that worked just fine, not to mention a firesteel and a fesnel lens. A similar thing happened a few months later when walking around the ranch on a cold day. I threw a bic lighter in my pocket just in case. But when I got home and emptied my pockets I tested the lighter and found it was empty of fuel. I guess what is happening is that over time something in my pack or pocket ends up pressing on the button and draining all the fuel from the lighter.

I got to thinking and came up with this idea that I think works pretty well. Part of me thinks I heard this somewhere and that is really why I came up with the idea. So if this is your idea I give you full credit.

The cheap yep potentially valuable trick is to take a really small ziptie (the 4" variety) and ziptie under neath the button so it cannot be pressed. Done right you can still slip the zip tie off the lighter and back on again. Since starting doing this about a year ago I have not had any unexpectedly empty lighters.

Hope this helps someone.

Link Posted: 8/13/2012 3:10:46 PM EDT
[#30]
I have a scripto for exactly that reason.  It has a "child proof" bit that keeps the button from going into "release fuel" mode.
Link Posted: 8/22/2012 5:08:25 PM EDT
[#31]
Another firestarter that has multiple uses.

I posted this (paraphrase) in the BoB on going thread but figure it might get better use out here. My firestarter (the fuel not the actual starter) is a paperback book. Not let me go further. If you go to goodwill, you can usually find a long winded Tom Clancey novel for a buck or less. I have always carried one since my father suggest it. If use in your BoB and have to use it 1.) you have immiediate entertainment (even though his books are long and drawn out) 2.0 if read the page boom easy "fuel" and 3.) in emergency but some TP. I usually have this in a Ziploc bag to help secure it to being try with other sticks and twigs that would help

Now I also have one of these very small and compact and just nice. now i know there is rocks to make your own fire circle but i look at the amount of oxygen able to get in. It small discreet and emits a lot of heat. biggest size ive used 1inch round stick cut down. i usually have a designated book for this stove because it doesnt use much fuel and restricts to use even more and being wasteful
Link Posted: 8/23/2012 11:39:41 AM EDT
[#32]
How to separate an egg using a water bottle.

Audio is in Chinese but the video is very plain.
Link Posted: 8/26/2012 9:19:00 AM EDT
[#33]
How to separate an egg using a water bottle.

Audio is in Chinese but the video is very plain.

Neat, but I usually just use the shell (when you crack it, you keep the crack small enough that the "white" drains out, but the yoke doesn't.)
Link Posted: 9/12/2012 11:04:55 PM EDT
[#34]
Originally Posted By raimius:
I have a scripto for exactly that reason.  It has a "child proof" bit that keeps the button from going into "release fuel" mode.

I just wrap a rubber band around the lighter a few times so it is tight and keeps the button from being pressed.

Posted Via AR15.Com Mobile
Link Posted: 10/9/2012 3:42:28 PM EDT
[#35]
Originally Posted By Army_of_One:
I used one of the cheap travel soap holders for my fishing gear.  They will float if knocked in and can be purchased in colors like orange and red for visibility.
http://i240.photobucket.com/albums/ff141/ZX2_R/Vault/IMG_1403.jpg

If you want to remove your info from the insurance card acetone works great. I wipe them of and print fake press passes. (not illegal since press passes are non legal id's)
Link Posted: 10/13/2012 10:26:45 PM EDT
[#36]
Interesting press pass idear!
Link Posted: 10/15/2012 8:48:13 PM EDT
[#37]
QuikClot= awesome stuff, sterility guaranteed (if current),  10.00-20.00 bucks a pack (one roll 3"x 4yds) depending on date. consisting of kaolin bonded to a roll of gauze.

kaolin clay powder= 10-11 bucks a pound on Ebay
gauze rolls= about 4-6 bucks per dozen rolls of 4"x 4yds on Amazon.com

hydrate the powder, doesn't take much, a pound will probably do thousands of feet of gauze, dries soft still, sun works, we use food dehydrator, heating kills germs but no guarantee of sterility, seal-a-meal vacuum sealer works for packaging,.......waaaaaaaaaaaaaay cheaper, and since we farm, we get cut up a lot, and so far, the homemade remedy works seriously well to stop bleeding.

YMMV, i'm just throwing this out there.
Link Posted: 10/16/2012 7:25:58 PM EDT
[#38]

Originally Posted By Dragynn:

QuikClot= awesome stuff, sterility guaranteed (if current), 10.00-20.00 bucks a pack (one roll 3"x 4yds) depending on date. consisting of kaolin bonded to a roll of gauze.

kaolin clay powder= 10-11 bucks a pound on Ebay

gauze rolls= about 4-6 bucks per dozen rolls of 4"x 4yds on Amazon.com

hydrate the powder, doesn't take much, a pound will probably do thousands of feet of gauze, dries soft still, sun works, we use food dehydrator, heating kills germs but no guarantee of sterility, seal-a-meal vacuum sealer works for packaging,.......waaaaaaaaaaaaaay cheaper, and since we farm, we get cut up a lot, and so far, the homemade remedy works seriously well to stop bleeding.

YMMV, i'm just throwing this out there.

More details please? Pics? Video?

Link Posted: 10/17/2012 5:59:16 PM EDT
[#39]
Okay, today's WTF moment, stems from pondering sterilization methods for the homemade clot gauze I mentioned above.

Enter UV lightbulbs.    Checking out the Steripen which is just a little UV light you dunk in water, 45-70 bucks, bulb is rated to last 50 hours. But is supposed to sterilize yer water.

Found a two-pack of Amertac 6" flourescent utility lights at Lowe's for 10 bucks, they run on AA batteries (awesome, portable) or AC with the proper converter.

Found 6" flourescent germicidal UV tubes on Ebay for 13 bucks for two delivered. Bulbs are rated at 10,000 hours

Total 23 bucks and change for 20,000 hours of portable UV sterilization, I don't reckon you have to dip the tubes like you do the steripen, the principle is the same as they are doing with clear plastic bottles and water in Africa and elsewhere, just leaving them in the sun for a few hours, it's the UV light that is killing the bugs, the steripen is just concentrating that light, only takes a minute. Should just be a matter of filling a clear bottle with water and hitting 'em with one of these babies (which is a lot more light anyway than the little steripen puts out) for a minute or so, longer if you want to be sure.

I'm going to use it on my homemade clot-gauze stuff, before and after it's packaged in clear plastic, just for some measure of sterility, and whatever else, then stash them with the bug-out gear.

YMMV, be careful if you mess with this kind of UV light, it IS dangerous, can give you skin cancer if you put it on you for too long, mess up your eyes etc. Don't be stupid, wear eye protection .

Any thoughts on this or feedback very welcomed, i'm just learning here too.
Link Posted: 10/17/2012 7:31:51 PM EDT
[#40]
Okay, today's WTF moment, stems from pondering sterilization methods for the homemade clot gauze I mentioned above.

Enter UV lightbulbs.    Checking out the Steripen which is just a little UV light you dunk in water, 45-70 bucks, bulb is rated to last 50 hours. But is supposed to sterilize yer water.

Found a two-pack of Amertac 6" flourescent utility lights at Lowe's for 10 bucks, they run on AA batteries (awesome, portable) or AC with the proper converter.

Found 6" flourescent germicidal UV tubes on Ebay for 13 bucks for two delivered. Bulbs are rated at 10,000 hours

Total 23 bucks and change for 20,000 hours of portable UV sterilization, I don't reckon you have to dip the tubes like you do the steripen, the principle is the same as they are doing with clear plastic bottles and water in Africa and elsewhere, just leaving them in the sun for a few hours, it's the UV light that is killing the bugs, the steripen is just concentrating that light, only takes a minute. Should just be a matter of filling a clear bottle with water and hitting 'em with one of these babies (which is a lot more light anyway than the little steripen puts out) for a minute or so, longer if you want to be sure.

I'm going to use it on my homemade clot-gauze stuff, before and after it's packaged in clear plastic, just for some measure of sterility, and whatever else, then stash them with the bug-out gear.

YMMV, be careful if you mess with this kind of UV light, it IS dangerous, can give you skin cancer if you put it on you for too long, mess up your eyes etc. Don't be stupid, wear eye protection .

I didn't think that UV would travel far enough in water to make a difference. I learn something every day:

Snorkelers near the surface need to practice caution because, since UV rays enter the water, they are prone to burn. Wear a t-shirt or dive skin, or wear waterproof sunblock. UV lamps are used to drive reactions and/or sterilize water in municipal water systems. In such systems, if the water is clear, UV-B will travel many centimeters before its intensity is too low to make a significant effect.

from THIS ARTICLE:
Link Posted: 11/20/2012 6:55:22 AM EDT
[#41]
Link Posted: 11/20/2012 8:01:55 AM EDT
[#42]
Originally Posted By Keekleberrys:
Posted this in the fire starting thread also, but depressing the schrader valve on your vehicles fuel rail (if it has one) and soaking a paper towel or filling just the bottom of a small paper cup with gasoline works great for getting a fire going quick.

You can also stick a small rag on the end of a long wire, shove it past the anti-theft barrier on the gas filler and down into the gas tank to soak it with gasoline.

Having a car, and access to its gas line, but no matches: Sparking the battery by shorting it will produce enough spark to ignite the gas fumes. You can probably do this with most any (fully charged) 1 1/2 volt battery too but I've never tried it.
Link Posted: 11/20/2012 8:17:23 AM EDT
[#43]
Originally Posted By Keekleberrys:
Posted this in the fire starting thread also, but depressing the schrader valve on your vehicles fuel rail (if it has one) and soaking a paper towel or filling just the bottom of a small paper cup with gasoline works great for getting a fire going quick.

You can also stick a small rag on the end of a long wire, shove it past the anti-theft barrier on the gas filler and down into the gas tank to soak it with gasoline.

Having a car, and access to its gas line, but no matches: Sparking the battery by shorting it will produce enough spark to ignite the gas fumes. You can probably do this with most any (fully charged) 1 1/2 volt battery too but I've never tried it.

Don't know about a 1.5V, but a 9V and steel wool will work.
Link Posted: 11/22/2012 8:57:30 AM EDT
[#44]
You can buy 9v connections really cheap. They come with the wire pre-stripped. Just plug in the battery and use the wire to make sparks. It also works to shock your girlfriend if you're mean (or kinky).

http://item.mobileweb.ebay.com/viewitem?itemId=180437792104
Link Posted: 12/1/2012 5:30:36 PM EDT
[#45]
Link Posted: 12/8/2012 6:55:45 PM EDT
[#46]
I just came up with a neat trick the other day actually.. On my 10/22, there was 2 misdrilled holes on both ends of the stock for the sling mounts.. The last fella who sold me this stock passed it my for cheap because of this. So I was looking at it and came up with the idea to fit about 3 trimmed off match heads in each hole, and then plug it with an empty .22 casing. Hah i suppose a half dozens match heads could be useful if I happen to find myself between a rock and a hard place unexpectedly one day.. I'm obviously not suggesting you go and drill holes into your stock.. But I figured it was clever at the time.. Haha idk
Link Posted: 1/14/2013 7:58:26 PM EDT
[#47]
Haven't read this whole thread yet, nor have I seen the fire starter thread, but I saw that non dairy creamer works well as a fire starter. Just pick up some packs next time you're at the corner store or the office.

Sorry if it's a dupe.
Link Posted: 1/17/2013 12:21:48 PM EDT
[#48]

UV doesnt penetrate anything that isn't clear. better off to get a pressure cooker setup and mimick an autoclave.
Link Posted: 1/31/2013 2:01:20 PM EDT
[#49]
Originally Posted By Jeep903:
Haven't read this whole thread yet, nor have I seen the fire starter thread, but I saw that non dairy creamer works well as a fire starter. Just pick up some packs next time you're at the corner store or the office.

Sorry if it's a dupe.

I've heard of this before but never tried it...today is the day!
Link Posted: 1/31/2013 5:31:40 PM EDT
[#50]
Originally Posted By brinboise:
Originally Posted By Jeep903:

Sorry if it's a dupe.

I've heard of this before but never tried it...today is the day!

PSA: There are several household products that are quite flammable if given the proper impetus. Flour and sugar are just two of these. I've been told that fire safety precautions in a sugar mill are every bit as stringent as in an oil refinery.
Page / 5
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top