Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 6/29/2017 1:21:54 AM EDT
Okay guys, thanks for the advice from the Montana thread. We stayed at Hungry Horse and had a great time there. We are now headed to Olympic National Forest, focusing our stay near Hoh Rain Forest. Any tips on camp areas close by?
Link Posted: 6/29/2017 2:03:02 AM EDT
[#1]
I've camped and hiked up the Hoh and Quinault river in Olympic National park. Hiking is excellent from the campgrounds up into the mountains. Could rain..  Check out La Push for a nice walk on the beach..very picturesque..  Highway 20 through the north cascades is a beautiful drive. I would advise to avoid Interstate 5 anywhere near seattle, or say Everett south.
Link Posted: 6/29/2017 11:35:26 AM EDT
[#2]
Initially took your post to mean you stayed at a hotel called Hungry Horse and was about to blast you for staying in a hotel...but then I saw you were camping....

I approve of this thread....

My accomodations a couple weeks ago in WY..

Link Posted: 6/29/2017 4:28:09 PM EDT
[#3]
If you take hyway 20 through the north cascades you can cross  the puget sound on the ferry  at Coupeville to Pt Townsend which heads right to the Olympics. Friday starts the holiday weekend so camping could be tight..Best of Luck..
Link Posted: 7/16/2017 12:06:17 AM EDT
[#4]
We ended up in a spot south of Kalaloch campground called south beach. Real close to the Pacific. Had an amazing time and even got to see pods of humpback whales breaching about 40 yards from the tide line. Washington was nice but nothing like northern Montana. We may end up living there once the kid is in college.
Link Posted: 7/17/2017 4:58:50 PM EDT
[#5]
Yes, The Peninsula/Olympics in WA are pretty (I've got kids who live there).  BUT.....  here in NW MT we've got it all, the beauty AND the political/cultural environment.  BTW, if you get your kids to go to college here in MT then you're close if they need you.  All 3 of mine are MSU grads, 2 Mechanical Engineers and a Doctor.
Link Posted: 7/18/2017 5:09:28 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
Okay guys, thanks for the advice from the Montana thread. We stayed at Hungry Horse and had a great time there. We are now headed to Olympic National Forest, focusing our stay near Hoh Rain Forest. Any tips on camp areas close by?
View Quote

Its not really close to hoh but Deer Park campground is awesome.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top