Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 5/16/2017 10:57:38 PM EDT
I have no idea what I'll use it for, but....

150 watt solar panel (plugs in to left of NOCO Genius port)

2 x 30ah 12v sealed AGM batteries

2 x 110vac outlets (400w sustained, 1kw peak load)
2 x 2.1A USB ports
1 x 12v accessory port

Some marine rocker switches, a whole lot of 10 AWG - 2/0 AWG marine tinned copper cable (and some welding cable). Several dozen tinned copper lugs, ring terminals, and female disconnects. Three relays, two bus bars, a fuse box, a circuit breaker, a terminal post, a piece of wood and some hardware....

All housed in a spare SKB roto molded case.

720 watt hours of portable power.
Link Posted: 5/17/2017 11:41:49 PM EDT
[#1]
That turned out very nice!
Link Posted: 5/17/2017 11:44:42 PM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
That turned out very nice!
View Quote
Thanks. It's a bit less refined on the inside.

Link Posted: 5/17/2017 11:47:39 PM EDT
[#3]
The photo is missing a "key" element.
Link Posted: 5/17/2017 11:49:19 PM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:
The photo is missing a "key" element.
View Quote
I was holding the glass of bourbon when I took that photo.

I did find a nice deal on a marine cup holder. Thought about installing that in the top of the case.
Link Posted: 5/19/2017 10:32:05 AM EDT
[#5]
Link Posted: 5/19/2017 10:39:36 AM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
Nice job, congrats!

What was your plan for using this?
View Quote
I really don't have a plan. I figure it provides portable and silent power when and where I want it, such as powering a decent sized fan at my son's soccer games to keep the kids cool, or lighting and sound system for hanging out on our land (we own undeveloped property we use for recreational purposes). I suppose it would be useful in the event of a power outage - it will easy power network gear, phones, recharge computers. Obviously not sized right to power a refrigerator or freeze.

I've also considered permanently installing one of my panels on our undeveloped land so I can use this + panel for power whenever we are out there.
Link Posted: 5/19/2017 11:06:06 AM EDT
[#7]
Link Posted: 5/19/2017 11:40:51 AM EDT
[#8]
Wish I was that handy! I sure would like one teamed with solar pannels to run skme box fans during power outages here in FL!
Link Posted: 5/19/2017 11:43:34 AM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
Great idea. Just run the panel up in a tree a good bit out of sight if your worried about someone jacking it when your not there.

I'm thinking your setup would be a great way to run smaller stuff like security cameras as well. The plug and play setup is nice.
View Quote
I already have two telephone poles on my land (used for lighting for an old volleyball court). I've considered installing a panel on one of them.

I did originally plan on using this to run some cameras, but it sort of evolved into a general purpose / multiuse platform.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top