Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Link Posted: 5/17/2017 8:55:35 AM EDT
[#1]
We are in the same boat with my oldest daughter. She's 16 next month.
We noticed things weren't quite right early on. She'd run around on all fours, sensory integration issues and all that. Come to find out she's mildly autistic. If you met her, you'd think she's just another boy crazy, stupid millennial. She's not stupid, but she is a teenager and has all the associated issues that go along with that...as well as this mild form of autism going. I don't know a hell of a lot about it, but I keep it in mind when she gets in trouble at school or starts acting out at home. Trust me, with teenagers, you sometimes feel like the only recourse if to grab a belt and show them how it was done back in the day - can't do that in this case.
She's generally a good kid. To the point that she's often tasked to watch a 5 year old at Church - he is full blow autistic and really a hand full, but she manages him. She works part time at the local feed store as well, running the register and some of the books. So look at the silver lining with your son. If it's mild, he has a bright future ahead of him. Just keep it in mind when he acts up. don't give an inch, but don't be too hard. If this is your first and only child, keep in mind that there is no book on parenting. If someone writes a book about parenting, they are full of shit. You write your own book.
Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top