Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 4/17/2017 9:39:07 PM EDT
I keep a small bottle of gold bond powder in the GHB...but this Body Glide stuff gets pretty high marks.... input?
Link Posted: 4/17/2017 9:41:47 PM EDT
[#1]
I literally use this all the time, my job requires a lot of hiking. DannerTrax
Link Posted: 4/17/2017 9:51:31 PM EDT
[#2]
AMAZING stuff. A must have for long hikes, treks, or Tough Mudder type races.
Link Posted: 4/17/2017 9:54:59 PM EDT
[#3]
I had heard stories for years.  Started using it this year and now I realize that I should have started using it years ago.
Link Posted: 4/17/2017 9:55:56 PM EDT
[#4]
Good stuff! (Note GHB inventory below, 2nd group from bottom)

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 4/18/2017 4:10:09 AM EDT
[#5]
Gold Bond is find when static, but messy when on the move; it also doesn't last long.  The Bodyglide lasts much longer.  It's requires a little more effort to apply, but I've been pretty happy with it when backpacking.  I've only used it a few times and glad I didn't have the puffs of white every step avoiding monkey-butt.

ROCK6
Link Posted: 4/18/2017 7:29:47 AM EDT
[#6]
Its a must!  Gold bond makes a friction reducing solid that's good too!
Link Posted: 4/18/2017 9:36:48 PM EDT
[#7]
I put in some serious miles on the road/trail.   I will go nowhere without this.   Bodyglide is essential to move long distances without chafing.    Deodorant can be used in a pinch if you don't have any body glide
Link Posted: 4/18/2017 10:51:50 PM EDT
[#8]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Its a must!  Gold bond makes a friction reducing solid that's good too!
View Quote
This. Love the GB. I use it copiously. Biking, hiking, running. Good on back of heels, too, if you're prone to blisters.
Link Posted: 4/18/2017 11:40:20 PM EDT
[#9]
I started using slide glide when I was getting into running to lose weight.  It was money well spent.
Link Posted: 4/19/2017 3:50:22 PM EDT
[#10]
Very good stuff. I've used it for hiking and mountain biking in a hot and humid climate, worked great.
Link Posted: 4/19/2017 7:40:43 PM EDT
[#11]
Agreed with those above.  Use it for long runs or hikes and it's never let me down!
Link Posted: 4/19/2017 9:28:48 PM EDT
[#12]
Body Glide has changed my life!    I no longer have to walk bow legged after a 10 hour shift in the summer time.  I can not recommend this stuff highly enough.
Link Posted: 4/19/2017 9:36:24 PM EDT
[#13]
I use it every day when biking, great stuff.
Link Posted: 4/24/2017 10:31:25 AM EDT
[#14]
Used it daily while hiking the Appalachian Trail excellent stuff.
Link Posted: 4/26/2017 5:00:07 PM EDT
[#15]
Someone tell me . What's this stuff do ?
Link Posted: 4/26/2017 5:12:13 PM EDT
[#16]
Basically this stuff is anti chaff deodorant (comes in a deodorant type stick) that runs on and keeps you from sticking to you, also helps with clothing sticking and rubbing(like socks on heel). I got turned onto it when I was marathon running. after getting blisters inbetween your toes and finding out you can prevent them, as well as your ass cheeks rubbing for 3 hours it is worth it so buy it.
Link Posted: 4/26/2017 5:23:46 PM EDT
[#17]
I thought this was a KY competitor. Lube thread.

Does this stuff prevent blisters on the heels, like you would get from new boots and such?
Link Posted: 4/26/2017 5:29:16 PM EDT
[#18]
Link Posted: 4/26/2017 7:49:53 PM EDT
[#19]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Basically this stuff is anti chaff deodorant (comes in a deodorant type stick) that runs on and keeps you from sticking to you, also helps with clothing sticking and rubbing(like socks on heel). I got turned onto it when I was marathon running. after getting blisters inbetween your toes and finding out you can prevent them, as well as your ass cheeks rubbing for 3 hours it is worth it so buy it.
View Quote
We have a winner here!  why spend $7+ for something you can buy for less then a dollar and get two or three times more of? Been using pit juice on my crouch for 20+ years military 20 mile hikes to everything else and it has never failed me!

Don't spend your money on that Body glide trash!
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top