Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 3/16/2017 1:45:03 PM EDT
Anyone care to share their setup for making jerky, drying food, etc? Maybe some tips and gear selection.
How long will it last for you?
Link Posted: 3/16/2017 4:35:25 PM EDT
[#1]
FYI: Arfcom has a cooking forum.
Link Posted: 3/17/2017 11:13:17 AM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
FYI: Arfcom has a cooking forum.
View Quote
It also has a survival forum for people wanting advice from members with similar interests including long term setups for prepping and food storage solutions.
Link Posted: 3/17/2017 11:18:45 AM EDT
[#3]
I like to soak venison in a marinade/brine, then slow smoke it in a basic barrel smoker using my wife's cooling grates. As long as you trim the fat off it lasts for quite a while.
Link Posted: 3/17/2017 12:42:32 PM EDT
[#4]
Thanks. I was looking at the price on the last trip to the store, about $20/lb.  

If there was a long term power outage and you had a freezer full of steaks, it would be time for a cook out or time to dry it out for the long haul.

Has anyone tried any long term storage?
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top