BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Link Posted: 3/20/2017 10:47:27 PM EDT
[#1]
I'm no expert! So this is more a question: But wouldn't you want vents,
If you let the trailer set! With out you in it.
Or running the AC for any length of time?
If not way?

PITA45
Link Posted: 3/21/2017 3:38:31 PM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
If not way?

PITA45
View Quote
Man, I don't really understand any of that.
Link Posted: 3/21/2017 9:43:25 PM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
If not way?

PITA45
When first I read it
It must be haiku I thought
But no, it was not.
Link Posted: 3/21/2017 10:16:58 PM EDT
[#4]
The sun, merciless.
Cooks the trailer and you too.
Why you no use vents?
Link Posted: 3/22/2017 5:50:40 PM EDT
[#5]
This is now a survival poetry thread.
Link Posted: 3/30/2017 3:58:05 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
If not way?

PITA45
View Quote
I don't, but I think yes, no, maybe!  
Even if you did he might not!
But I like the idea you did not mention.
Link Posted: 4/20/2017 10:43:16 PM EDT
[#7]
I haven't had much time/funds to work on this thing lately. I've been focusing the most on the kitchen area. Once I find a faucet I will run the little bit of pex and cut in the water inlet. I will be putting in the A/C along with a roof vent or 2 in the next couple of weeks as well which is getting to be much needed.

Link Posted: 4/21/2017 9:28:39 AM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
I haven't had much time/funds to work on this thing lately. I've been focusing the most on the kitchen area. Once I find a faucet I will run the little bit of pex and cut in the water inlet. I will be putting in the A/C along with a roof vent or 2 in the next couple of weeks as well which is getting to be much needed.

http://i937.photobucket.com/albums/ad212/Siznop/image1583.jpg
http://i937.photobucket.com/albums/ad212/Siznop/image1582.jpg
View Quote
I believe it was mentioned about weight, all that wood around the kitchen area adds a significant amount of weight.  You should consider something lighter and easier to clean.  Just my .02!

Bill
Link Posted: 4/21/2017 9:43:16 AM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:

I believe it was mentioned about weight, all that wood around the kitchen area adds a significant amount of weight.  You should consider something lighter and easier to clean.  Just my .02!

Bill
View Quote
Yes, it's a trailer
There is much to consider
Both weight and balance
Link Posted: 4/21/2017 3:41:09 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:

Bill
View Quote
I've considered it, otherwise I would have done something different. All that wood happens to just be exactly on top of the 2 3500lb rated axles.
Link Posted: 4/23/2017 8:03:10 AM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:

I've considered it, otherwise I would have done something different. All that wood happens to just be exactly on top of the 2 3500lb rated axles.
View Quote
The more weight you save during construction, the more gun/ammo weight can be added later on...

Just a thought.
Link Posted: 4/26/2017 12:04:17 AM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:

The more weight you save during construction, the more gun/ammo weight can be added later on...

Just a thought.
View Quote
Ya, I get where you are coming from. If I was just using this as a weekend rv where I was pulling it alot things might be different. The idea was to make it as least trailer like as possible so to speak. And I might change things up down the road if life requires it. I plan on probably taking it down to weigh it this weekend. I would be surprised if I've made it over 3k yet.

Got the A/C in today. This wasn't my idea, it was taken from another guys build. I will insulate inside the box and the exhaust duct as well as put some sort of rv vent over the intake holes. I ran it for a bit before I started enclosing it in and the temp was definitely dropping quick.

Link Posted: 4/27/2017 10:04:49 PM EDT
[#13]
Looks great, more pics!
Link Posted: 4/27/2017 11:20:28 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:

Ya, I get where you are coming from. If I was just using this as a weekend rv where I was pulling it alot things might be different. The idea was to make it as least trailer like as possible so to speak. And I might change things up down the road if life requires it. I plan on probably taking it down to weigh it this weekend. I would be surprised if I've made it over 3k yet.

Got the A/C in today. This wasn't my idea, it was taken from another guys build. I will insulate inside the box and the exhaust duct as well as put some sort of rv vent over the intake holes. I ran it for a bit before I started enclosing it in and the temp was definitely dropping quick.

http://i937.photobucket.com/albums/ad212/Siznop/thumbnail_image1%204.jpg
http://i937.photobucket.com/albums/ad212/Siznop/thumbnail_image1%205.jpg
View Quote
If the AC needed an extension, why didn't you make the AC flush with the box?  As you have it now it's sticking out into the very limited space you have inside that trailer.  If you made the control panel flush with the box, you would get those inches back and not stub your toe on it.
Link Posted: 4/28/2017 1:48:51 AM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:
If the AC needed an extension, why didn't you make the AC flush with the box?  As you have it now it's sticking out into the very limited space you have inside that trailer.  If you made the control panel flush with the box, you would get those inches back and not stub your toe on it.
View Quote
Was wondering the same thing...

Also, the intake to the condenser coil and the exhaust from the condenser coil both must go to the outside in a manner the air flows don't mix.

Even worse, putting the unit at near floor level is going to stratify the cold air and the upper area of the trailer won't cool properly.

That's why most trailers have roof mounted units.

A-Liner is one exception, but the AC is mounted well above the floor and thru the wall so the issues OP has created aren't applicable.
Link Posted: 4/28/2017 6:09:38 AM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:
View Quote
It's not an extension as in what you probably think it is. The exhaust vents through the floor so its a 90deg duct pretty much. I can't push it any further back due to the size of the exhaust port, its basically cut out almost to the frame already. Plus this is how they normally sit in the window and any further back and the power cord would be in the 2x2.

I have found there is one downside to this system, the need for a fan to make sure the cold air doesnt sit in front of the thermostat. But as long as I have a small fan going the air gets distributed fine. I'm going to experiment with attaching a ramp to try and force the air more upwards as well. I'll probably end up seeing about pulling it out and extending it or wiring in a house tstat instead of the one on the unit.

I ran it for most of the day yesterday and it kept the trailer really pleasant. It's still in the 80's here though so we'll see how it handles this summer. I will swap it out to a 10k if needed.

As far as the intake/exhaust mixing i've heard that before and its definitely a consideration. I may end up putting a piece of angle iron or something under the port or using a marine door I can keep at like a 45. I kept checking the unit now that I have the top on and it didn't seem to be having any issues I could tell.
Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top